if you were on destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    I agree with your assessment of Rush, I think this is why he is in such an emotional turmoil over his wife's death. People like him have trouble making relationships in the first place so losing his wife was an even deeper cut for him.
    The big difference I see between McKay and Rush is that McKay is so insecure that he needs to have constant reassurance of his talent, which is what his comrades find so annoying at times. LOL! I imagine him to have been a kid who got beat up every week for being such a nerd. I see Rush as a kid who had to fight his way also, but became a tough guy, much more self assured. He doesn't care as much what people think of him.
    I think the two had different backgrounds too. McKay seemed to be in a more competitive physics environment, or at least with the top minds in the military. I really need to watch SG-1 again so I can know this is for sure. Rush was a professor, a teacher which seemed to be more relaxed than the type of work McKay was doing. Less demanding I guess you can say.

They both seem to highly intelligent but I see McKay as a prodigious child, building an atom bomb when he was 12. The only man I can think of who did something similar was Michio Kaku who made the less hazardous particle accelerator when he was 12.

To have that high level of intelligence and be able to keep up with all that work you have to think logically and sometimes emotional intelligence takes a back seat. It's been the way for so many scientists in history: Newton, Einstein, Everett, Heisenberg, etc. It's not like they are deliberately arrogant and isolating themselves from people but they have a different way of communicating. Not that I'm saying all scientists are like that, you can get some empathetic ones - Carter and Zelenka.

On TJ, one of my biggest pet peeves was she didn't know how to treat a seizure. First Aid 101, page 91-103. She may have panicked and forgotten about it amidst all that chaos though.

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    i was just watching SGU season 2.0 and Rush acts better with his wife when he discovers the Bridge even though shr is the same wife from Human
    Away from the chaos of the modern day world and he was kind of preoccupied in Human, right? Away from distractions and was talking to her as he worked. Sounds more relaxing to me instead of trying to work on some master code.
    Although, I'm re-watching it slowly so I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Zed_PM; 20 January 2012, 07:47 PM.
    My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      Chloe - give Eli a chance.
      Plus 1 - I've wanted to see Eli and Chloe together since they met on the USS General Hammond at the beginning of season 1.

Comment

Rush- Die
        Scott- meh
        Eli- Lock rush in his room and take away the air
        Young- Continue to do what he does
        Greer- Make sure rush doesnt get out of the room and if he opens the dorr shoot him

Comment

Well. If I was on the Destiny, things wouldn't be as overdramatic and there'd be tons things that would be getting done.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

If I were on Destiny, I would have to lock Raineman up, and make him peel tons of those purple potatoes, before he could mess with my main man, Rush!
            Seriously, it would be a very dull story without Rush. It would be just another day in space without the fighting between Rush and Young, the best part of the whole show.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I love their antagonism! And I'm rooting for Rush every time, even when he makes me shake my head in puzzlement.
              sigpic

Comment

Ooh and I've finally found a guy I'd like to push out the nearest airlock: Simeon!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Ooh and I've finally found a guy I'd like to push out the nearest airlock: Simeon!
                  Yes, he really is an evil one!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                    Yes, he really is an evil one!
                    Rush gave him what he needed
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

were I on destiny, i'd use the chair and become one with the hard drive. Being the sickly bastard that I am, it's doubtful that I would survive.

Comment

Working...
                      X