• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise cancelled

for those that didn't know yet:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/9469.html

seems like B&B have produced to much **** in first 3 years

It's a sad day for Treky fans to be honest I really did not like Enterprise in it's first 2 and frankly people are board of it now so they want something different, Stargate was the perfect choice for many.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Can't say I care much. Haven't watched Enterprise in over a year.

I just hope that TV executives don't take this as a sign that "sci-fi TV is dead" since Star Trek has in many minds been SF TV (we all know that is a gross exageration, but that's not the point).

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
        It's a sad day for Treky fans to be honest I really did not like Enterprise in it's first 2 and frankly people are board of it now so they want something different, Stargate was the perfect choice for many.
        I agree, dude. It's sorta sad, but to be honest, that whole XINDI and spherebuilder thing ruined the series and left a permanent scar on it. The ratings were too low, and over the holidays, they played repeats! After a few good arcs, they coulda kept up doing good storylines, but they did repeats and went on hiatus for a month, then started back with crap episodes (Daeldus and the Organian one), which both sucked. I thought Manny Coto would save it, but in the end, it was doomed to fail with all of the bad writers and missed opportunities. they had so much potential, but didn't do anything with it. The writers and Berman let the show die.

Who knows, maybe Sci-fi will pick it up?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          Who knows, maybe Sci-fi will pick it up?
          Enterprise won't be shopped

That looks very doubtful.

Comment

It's a shame what we've seen in season 4 wasn't started in season 1 because it was such a miss of potential in the first season. You only have to look at the series and see where its failed, which is a shame becuase I really hoped that it would be good because the premise sounded so good but it just never worked.

Season 2 started out with great episodes then dwindled and I seriously thought about stopping watching. Season 3 was amazing, which is a shame because it came to late. Season 4 has been the show fitting its' premise which will in the end be a nice round up to the show.

Comment

Well thank the gods! It was about time...
              Yes, it did get better from the 3rd season on, but by that time I was so bored I didn't bother watching anymore...s3/4 cliffhanger was the most laughable ever, so I quit watching.
              Spoiler:
              Come on, EVIL ALIEN NAZIS?!? Just silly IMO.

I agree with Markey2 - the premise sounded great, but it just didn't work. Actually there were a few really good episodes, even in the sleepwalking-season 2.
              Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Well, I know that lots of people don't like the show too much, but I got into it this season. So... I am sad. The GW server was down, then work was horrible and then this piece of news...

Comment

Hey, I can sympathize. It's sad when a show ends (even if I don't like it anymore..). It is Star Trek after all, and I have been watching the various incarnations for quite some time before I became hooked on Stargate. Just too bad they didn't do it the justice it deserved, so in the end we're maybe better off...
                  Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
                    Well thank the gods! It was about time...
                    Yes, it did get better from the 3rd season on, but by that time I was so bored I didn't bother watching anymore...s3/4 cliffhanger was the most laughable ever, so I quit watching.
                    Spoiler:
                    Come on, EVIL ALIEN NAZIS?!? Just silly IMO.

I agree with Markey2 - the premise sounded great, but it just didn't work. Actually there were a few really good episodes, even in the sleepwalking-season 2.
                    The really sad part was, the show had so MUCH potential to explain so many things and set up the founding of the UFP, introduce Kirk's generation, etc. They started to do this the last few months, but it was way too late. IMO, that time travel crap, xindi crap, and retard spherebuilder crap totally detracted from the purpose of the show. What those lame plot devices did do is to alienate viewers, skew the Trek time line and mess up canon.

They are continuing to ruin the Trek canon even now. Last week's episode about Romulans was a farce. In TOS, Scotty said the Romulans didn't have warp drive, yet here they are a hundred years earlier with quite advanced tech. All I can say is, good riddance. If you can't write a decent episode, you don't deserve to be on the air. It had so much potential; what a disappointment and let down.

At least we have SG-1, SG-A, and Battlestar Galactica, although I hate the new Starbuck and I don't like how humans made the Cylons.

Comment

The really sad part was, the show had so MUCH potential to explain so many things and set up the founding of the UFP, introduce Kirk's generation, etc. They started to do this the last few months, but it was way too late. IMO, that time travel crap, xindi crap, and retard spherebuilder crap totally detracted from the purpose of the show. What those lame plot devices did do is to alienate viewers, skew the Trek time line and mess up canon.

They are continuing to ruin the Trek canon even now. Last week's episode about Romulans was a farce. In TOS, Scotty said the Romulans didn't have warp drive, yet here they are a hundred years earlier with quite advanced tech. All I can say is, good riddance. If you can't write a decent episode, you don't deserve to be on the air. It had so much potential; what a disappointment and let down.

At least we have SG-1, SG-A, and Battlestar Galactica, although I hate the new Starbuck and I don't like how humans made the Cylons.
                      I read on trekToday forums that the romulan ship in the TOS episode "Balance of Terror" didn't have a warp engine, because it carried some heavy weapon, and there was no power enough for the warp drive. So there is no continuïty error with the warp drive.

Comment

I thought Manny Coto would save it, but in the end, it was doomed to fail with all of the bad writers and missed opportunities. they had so much potential, but didn't do anything with it. The writers and Berman let the show die.
                        I think we're possibly a little behind with the seasons over here in the UK, but I know when I saw Manny Coto become a part of it, I really thought that it would go on to bigger and better things. He/she (I honestly dont know!) done some brilliant work on Odyssey 5 and I could see some of that thinking making its way into the Enterprise set up.

I'm really sad about this. I grew up with the original Star Trek (repeats, I'll have you know!!!) It's like the end of an era now

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
                          I think we're possibly a little behind with the seasons over here in the UK, but I know when I saw Manny Coto become a part of it, I really thought that it would go on to bigger and better things. He/she (I honestly dont know!) done some brilliant work on Odyssey 5 and I could see some of that thinking making its way into the Enterprise set up.

I'm really sad about this. I grew up with the original Star Trek (repeats, I'll have you know!!!) It's like the end of an era now
                          It's a he, and you're right; he did some great stuff on O5. What a shame. I was just starting to like Enterprise too.

Comment

It's about time that Star Trek has been put out of it's misery. It jumped the shark two series ago, and perhaps now those of us who have graduated to enjoying a broad range of science fiction on television (like Babylon 5, Stargate, any number of other universes) wont have to listen to people telling us that Trek is the only successful science fiction on television.

I was a Star Trek fan, but as I grew up, the series became more and more shallow and without meaning that it did have in it's prime. I gave Enterprise a chance. It was ambitious concept that clearly the Trek PTB were unable to pull off. It was certainly painful to watch, even more so than Voyager had become.
                            Last edited by Major Fischer; 04 February 2005, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              It's about time that Star Trek has been put out of it's misery. It jumped the shark two series ago, and perhaps now those of us who have graduated to enjoying a broad range of science fiction on television (like Babylon 5, Stargate, any number of other universes) wont have to listen to people telling us that Trek is the only successful science fiction on television.

I was a Star Trek fan, but as I grew up, the series becamse more and more shallow and without meaning that it did have in it's prime. I gave Enterprise a chance. It was ambitious concept that clearly the Trek PTB were unable to pull off. It was certainly painful to watch, even more so than Voyager had become.
                              Time travel stuff, if done poorly, will kill true sci-fi. IMO, that's what happened in this case. Frellin' Xindi and Crewman Daniels crap. I hope Crewman Daniels suffered terribly.

Comment

Working...
                              X