teal'c, cam & vala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teal'c, cam & vala

why is it that sgu gets RDA and Michael Shanks to make regular appearances and leaves out teal'c, cam & vala. i understand why Vala isnt there bu teal'c and cam should be and they would be cheaper to have on the show regularly than RDA or Michael Shanks.
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Regularly? With the exception of RDA the SG1 actors were nothing but cameos. I don't see how Cam and Teal'c would add anything to the SGU story
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Regularly? With the exception of RDA the SG1 actors were nothing but cameos. I don't see how Cam and Teal'c would add anything to the SGU story
      Mh, Cam could have brought some humor in. About Teal'c ... I have an idea how to use him but I'm pretty sure no U-fan will like it

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Bingo. O'Neill's there as head of Homeworld Command, Carter's there as the George Hammond commander, and Jackson is there as the expert on the ancients. What role would Teal'c, Mitchell, or Vala have? Vala just doesn't fit. The only episode Mitchell would have fit in was "Seizure." He could have lead or been part of the team McKay and Woolsey were on. As for Teal'c... only if the Free Jaffa were involved with the Lucian Alliance storyline. They weren't, thus Teal'c doesn't fit either.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          why is it that sgu gets RDA and Michael Shanks to make regular appearances and leaves out teal'c, cam & vala. i understand why Vala isnt there bu teal'c and cam should be and they would be cheaper to have on the show regularly than RDA or Michael Shanks.
          You're assuming they wrote them in just for the sake of it I take it?

Comment

I think the only established characters that fit into SGU were O'Neill and Carter. I have no idea why Daniel had to be the one wielding a gun and spying on the Alliance while Rush pretended to be Telford, not that I didn't enjoy Daniel's cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanionCube View Post
              I think the only established characters that fit into SGU were O'Neill and Carter. I have no idea why Daniel had to be the one wielding a gun and spying on the Alliance while Rush pretended to be Telford, not that I didn't enjoy Daniel's cameo.
              i took it to mean that daniel is still working at the sgc.

it made sense that o'neill and carter were in it because of their posisions. the only other regular i could see being relevent was jonas (he should have been in the episode with his planet). i don't see how teal'c, cam or vala would have fit in. or any of the sga people either (except for mckay, woosey)
              sigpic

Comment

Also don't forget that Daniel and Jack are the only carry-overs from the original movie thereby being the longest running recurring characters in the entire stargate franchise. They are the face of stargate so to speak. Despite Teal'c being present for all of the SG-1 series he still just barely is edged out by Jack and Daniel in the recognition dept. Cam and Vala are very late additions and therefore just don't represent the entire embodiment of the franchise in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Bingo. O'Neill's there as head of Homeworld Command, Carter's there as the George Hammond commander, and Jackson is there as the expert on the ancients. What role would Teal'c, Mitchell, or Vala have? Vala just doesn't fit. The only episode Mitchell would have fit in was "Seizure." He could have lead or been part of the team McKay and Woolsey were on. As for Teal'c... only if the Free Jaffa were involved with the Lucian Alliance storyline. They weren't, thus Teal'c doesn't fit either.
                  with the Lucian alliance episodes they could have bought in cam because of his experience with them.
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                  X