This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still holding out for season 3

Is anyone else (like myself) still holding out for season 3? I know alot of SGU haters are going to say "the sets have been stripped", "the cast have moved on to other projects" and "there's no money", but here are my counter arguments...
    1) the sets have been stripped. Okay, well, it's not really that hard to re-create sets. That's been proven twice, by re creating the ncc 1701 sets for use in star trek DS9 (trials and tribbleations) and ENT (in a mirror darkly)
    2) the cast have moved on to other projects. Alot of the main members of cast have expressed on twitter, blogs and other forums, that theyd love the chance to go back and wrap it up.
    3) there's no money. In the final episode, they gave 2 clear times Destiny could skip to the next galaxy, 3 years (give or take) or 1000 years. Ever think they said 3 years, because of the possibility that in that time, funding could have been raised for another series, or a grand finally?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still hoping!

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
    Is anyone else (like myself) still holding out for season 3? I know alot of SGU haters are going to say "the sets have been stripped", "the cast have moved on to other projects" and "there's no money", but here are my counter arguments...
    1) the sets have been stripped. Okay, well, it's not really that hard to re-create sets. That's been proven twice, by re creating the ncc 1701 sets for use in star trek DS9 (trials and tribbleations) and ENT (in a mirror darkly)
    2) the cast have moved on to other projects. Alot of the main members of cast have expressed on twitter, blogs and other forums, that theyd love the chance to go back and wrap it up.
    3) there's no money. In the final episode, they gave 2 clear times Destiny could skip to the next galaxy, 3 years (give or take) or 1000 years. Ever think they said 3 years, because of the possibility that in that time, funding could have been raised for another series, or a grand finally?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still hoping!
    I'm not an SGU hater...but I am realistic. I don't foresee it happened. Its extremely rare for a cancelled show to be brought back.
    sigpic

Comment

SGU was a failure, they won't bring it back unless they can see it making a profit somehow. So unless there's epic DVD sales or the re-run ratings go through the roof, it won't happen.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Wow, that's new! Now TPTW is also being wrong?
        Excuse me, but didn't BW told everyone that Stargate (ALL shows) are over now? MGM put the franchise on stock.

So, maybe there will be SG in the future (what I still believe) but we can only hope that this new SG will use the roots the former shows will be in that time.
        Third season? No way, the numbers (ALL numbers) for SGU are ways too bad.

Oh, and yes, I'm a hater

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I love the show but I still think the possibility of bringing back the show is remote in the extreme.

However, what in TV space is SGU Stargate Universe: Kino? It seems to feature most of the main cast except Rush and Young, and why hasn't anyone mentioned it here? Was it ever broadcast in any market?
          sigpic

Comment

The sets are all tore down
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think it would be next to impossible to get Cartyle back. Once Upon A Time is doing very well
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                The sets are all tore down
                As I said, it's really not hard to make new sets, all you need to do is take a look on YouTube at some of the fan made sets and props. It would be to hard for the original set makers to re-create it.
                As for the unavalibility of one or two cast members, the way around that is easy, they could just say there pods have failed.

Comment

As much as I would love to see more of Destiny and her crew, I'm afraid that the chances of anything are pretty much zero.
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I love SGU but hoping the series would return is plain wishful thinking. Now a DVD movie, while still a far-fetched proposition, would be a more realistic expectation.

Comment

I also really enjoyed SGU and thought it was nice to see a change of pace for the SG franchise but given that the numbers were so poor I can't see why they would bring it back. At best I am hoping for a new show that could possible have some cross-over to SGU that ends its story arc.
                      At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Yeah, I think that would be the best realistic if not ideal proposition.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hasn't this topic been visited in several other threads??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            As much as I would love to see more of Destiny and her crew, I'm afraid that the chances of anything are pretty much zero.
                            Sadly I agree with you. I would love for SGU to return and pick up right where it left off. I'm am so pissed that my favorite show of all time got cancelled, but I don't think a reboot is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
                              As I said, it's really not hard to make new sets, all you need to do is take a look on YouTube at some of the fan made sets and props. It would be to hard for the original set makers to re-create it.
                              As for the unavalibility of one or two cast members, the way around that is easy, they could just say there pods have failed.
                              Are you aware of the cost to build the SGU sets the first time? Millions. I for one would love to see this series come back to finish the storyline, but at this point I would say that isn't in the cards. Frankly, the Golden State Warriors have a better chance at an NBA title.
                              Last edited by AlexanderD; 10 January 2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X