Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would it be incest if some one from destiny had relationship with a Novus human?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would it be incest if some one from destiny had relationship with a Novus human?

when the crew first found out about Novus since it's pretty much the next best thing to earth in the entire universe I wondered if any of them would want to stay there (this was before I found out the planet was abandoned) to build a life and a family.... but then I remembered the entire population are their direct descendants
    is it still incest if it's your granddaughter over a 100 times removed?

No
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
      when the crew first found out about Novus since it's pretty much the next best thing to earth in the entire universe I wondered if any of them would want to stay there (this was before I found out the planet was abandoned) to build a life and a family.... but then I remembered the entire population are their direct descendants
      is it still incest if it's your granddaughter over a 100 times removed?
      If it's a direct descendant, it would just be too weird regardless of genetics. Otherwise, I'd think there'd be enough time passed and genetic diversity where it wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        If it's a direct descendant, it would just be too weird regardless of genetics. Otherwise, I'd think there'd be enough time passed and genetic diversity where it wouldn't be an issue.
        after 2000 years of mixing pretty much everyone on novus would be the direct decadent of every destiny crew member who had children
        Last edited by slimjim; 08 January 2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I think that at the end of all this time, we cannot speak any more about incest Oo
          Well, it is all the same strange to make children with your ancestor
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Only if it's incest for you to sleep with anyone else on Earth.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              Well, 2000 years went by...I agree genetic diversity wouldn't be an issue. But as for the weird factor...unless you got their family tree...how would you know? I don't have my family tree traced back 2000 years, do you?
              sigpic

Comment

It wouldn't be weirder than cousins who marry!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                  It wouldn't be weirder than cousins who marry!
                  I couldn't/wouldn't marry a cousin...not even a 2nd cousin.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I couldn't/wouldn't marry a cousin...not even a 2nd cousin.
                    See, I told you it's weird, really weird!
                    sigpic

Comment

See, I told you it's weird, really weird!
                      But if 2000 years have passed...the person would be a lot more removed than a 2nd cousin. And unless the person had their family tree for the past 2000 years...you would never know it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        But if 2000 years have passed...the person would be a lot more removed than a 2nd cousin. And unless the person had their family tree for the past 2000 years...you would never know it.
                        Yes, I meant that it wouldn't be a bad thing for them to marry a Novan, considering some of the "close" marriages that still take place today. The Novan question isn't weird at all really. It's just the whole time travel thing makes it seem odd.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, I meant that it wouldn't be a bad thing for them to marry a Novan, considering some of the "close" marriages that still take place today. The Novan question isn't weird at all really. It's just the whole time travel thing makes it seem odd.
                          Yes, I can see that...
                          sigpic

Comment

well if your a religuous person then it would be incest as everyone is related to adam and eve. But if you slept with someone on Novus it wouldnt be incest since you could choose someone that has never been with anyone in your blood line

Comment

Originally posted by Raineman View Post
                              well if your a religuous person then it would be incest as everyone is related to adam and eve. But if you slept with someone on Novus it wouldnt be incest since you could choose someone that has never been with anyone in your blood line
                              That is if you had a detailed family tree that went back 2000 years.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X