Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Here's a thread that's long overdue.

I can't begin to say how much I love the epic back to front romance of the Doctor and River. Romeo and Juliet haven't got a patch on them. Flirtation, tragedy, incredible BAMFness, it's got it all. I adore both characters on their own, but together... they rule all of time and space.

(And not to mention the awesome in-laws! )

So here's a thread to celebrate the Doctor and River in all their regenerations. No haters allowed, just lovers.

And just to get us started here are a few gifs & pics & stuff.

and a great vid

All theories and ideas about the Doctor & River are welcome on this thread!
    Last edited by Blencathra; 14 October 2014, 12:55 AM.

Those are great gifs, Blen and the video was amazing too.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, now I need to upload all my Doctor/River stuff! Oh the love!

I must admit. I don't totally see their relationship as back to front. More like a swirling windstorm. There are times that he's up on things (at least it seems to me that way) and there are times she's up on things. Thus the need for her journal.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thanks Bailey.

Ever -yeah, I kind of meant back to front in the loosest possble way. I think this gif best describes their timeline.

Incidentally I was really pleased that it was the Doctor who gave her that lovely TARDIS blue journal.

Comment

I have finished series 6 and found the Christmas special as a 2 dollar download... so hope to do that tonight or tomorrow. Can't believe I finally got around to watching Doctor Who. Did love how they have left the Doctor and River as of the end of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm really glad you managed to find the Christmas special. It's a lovely, warm, fuzzy, feel-good episode.

I just loved The Wedding of River Song. It's one of my favourite episodes.

I guess the big question there is are they married or not? Does marrying the Doctor while he is inside a giant replica robot of himself count? And she didn't get to know his name either. But she definitely calls herself his wife when she talks to Amy in the garden after climbing out of the Byzantium. So I was thinking that if it didn't count, then they must marry again before the events of the Time of Angels. Cos I don't think River would make a mistake about that. I wonder if we will find out for certain in series 7?

Whatever, there was an excellent kiss and it was even better still on Doctor Who Confidential.

Comment

I did notice that when I watched this youtube video... I thought it might help to watch River's timeline and it was wonderful. There were a few things cleared up for me that I didn't so much miss... as just didn't understand completely at the time, but seeing it again after the fact and with River's narration became much clearer.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                I'm really glad you managed to find the Christmas special. It's a lovely, warm, fuzzy, feel-good episode.

I just loved The Wedding of River Song. It's one of my favourite episodes.

I guess the big question there is are they married or not? Does marrying the Doctor while he is inside a giant replica robot of himself count? And she didn't get to know his name either. But she definitely calls herself his wife when she talks to Amy in the garden after climbing out of the Byzantium. So I was thinking that if it didn't count, then they must marry again before the events of the Time of Angels. Cos I don't think River would make a mistake about that. I wonder if we will find out for certain in series 7?

Whatever, there was an excellent kiss and it was even better still on Doctor Who Confidential.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6010/6...505592ae_o.gif

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6007/6...8475fa13_o.gif

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6156/6...d72a1c88_o.gif
                Love the gifs!

So when do you suppose she learns the Doctor's name? She did whisper it to him during the Silence of the Library two parter.

Btw, saving that vid of River's timeline for tomorrow when the kids are still asleep.
                sigpic

Comment

HELLS YEAH RIVER/DOCTOR THREAD. In honor of this I will do some shaeless pimping my own River/Doctor fics

My Way Home Is Through You

A brief history on the relationship in the eyes of Ianto Jones

Eyes Fixed Towards The Sun

A River/Ten Fic, based on fic on Moffat's comment that Ten went on the Picnic in Asgard with River

Doctor and Mrs. Song

My first ever River/Doctor fic!
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yay! Fic! *runs off to read*

I'm still scared to write for Doctor Who.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        I did notice that when I watched this youtube video... I thought it might help to watch River's timeline and it was wonderful. There were a few things cleared up for me that I didn't so much miss... as just didn't understand completely at the time, but seeing it again after the fact and with River's narration became much clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv3rDSvmumI
                        That's a great video. It makes things easier to follow. I find that I have to watch each episode at least twice to make sure I've understood everything. The story moves so quickly it's easy to miss an important bit.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Love the gifs!

So when do you suppose she learns the Doctor's name? She did whisper it to him during the Silence of the Library two parter.

Btw, saving that vid of River's timeline for tomorrow when the kids are still asleep.
                        Is that so you can watch in peace and quiet?

If they do marry again I think it must be before the crash of the Byzantium from River's POV. But as to exactly when I'm not sure. The thing is that in the Brilliant Book of Doctor Who Matt Smith says Yes they are married! but Alex Kingston doesn't sound so sure. I guess the only person who really knows is Steven Moffat.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        HELLS YEAH RIVER/DOCTOR THREAD. In honor of this I will do some shaeless pimping my own River/Doctor fics

My Way Home Is Through You

A brief history on the relationship in the eyes of Ianto Jones

Eyes Fixed Towards The Sun

A River/Ten Fic, based on fic on Moffat's comment that Ten went on the Picnic in Asgard with River

Doctor and Mrs. Song

My first ever River/Doctor fic!
                        I'll have to read those! Thanks for the links!!

Yay! Fic! *runs off to read*

I'm still scared to write for Doctor Who.
                        And me. Though I'm scared to write almost everything. I get nervous thinking about writing dialogue for the Doctor.
                        Last edited by Blencathra; 05 January 2012, 09:10 AM. Reason: mistakes!

Comment

Dialogue for the Doctor? *runs off in fright* I could never do it. I'm ok for a lot of stuff. But I'm not that clever.

Peace and quiet here? Does that ever happen? I may have to wait for next week when the kids are back in school.
                          sigpic

Comment

I will gladly participate in this thread.
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

[...]
                              (And not to mention the awesome in-laws! )

So here's a thread to celebrate the Doctor and River in all their regenerations. No haters allowed, just lovers.
                              [...]
                              Indeed!

Heh, I thought that said "no hatters." As in "no hats", given River's proclivity to shooting them off the Doctor's head.

Thanks Bailey.

Ever -yeah, I kind of meant back to front in the loosest possble way. I think this gif best describes their timeline.

[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5024/5683952248_00643c9e8c_o.gif[/IG]

Incidentally I was really pleased that it was the Doctor who gave her that lovely TARDIS blue journal.
                              LOL, that's about right.

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Dr%20Who%20stuffs/normal_DW602-1397.jpg[/IG]
                              Oh man, I love that scene.
                              River: What are you doing?
                              Doctor: Helping!
                              River: You've got a screwdriver! Go build a cabinet!
                              Doctor: That's really rude!

|| twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                              X