Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. I so love those eps! *sniff sniff*

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    That's one of my favourite vids as well.

I found this on Tumblr today. Great piece of art - https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2898/...3a05537d_o.jpg

I like how the Doctor looks worried, presumably at Amy & Rory being less than a foot away.
    Brilliant bit of art there!

Oh, and vids! I'm going to check them out at first opportunity!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
      Who doesn't cry when they watch that episode?

I do love that video, but I have several other favourites, like for instance this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPXvkyuBPLM[/video]
      Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the FEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS!!

*faints*
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*cough*

I'll just quietly leave the link for this here.

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/89...t-oh-hells-yes

Comment

*cough*

YES, please!
          sigpic
          My Site || My Blog

Comment

*cough*

Uuuuuhhhh *brain malfunctions*

*drools*

*time stands still*

oh, dear lord, please!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

There is an interesting interview with Peter Capaldi in the Sunday Times today.

You can read all of it here if you wish - http://becks28nz.tumblr.com/post/929...nday-telegraph

I thought this bit was relevant to our interests.

Regarding a romance with Clara: "There'll be no flirting, that's for sure. It's not what this Doctor is concerned with. It's quite a fun relationship but I did call and say, 'I want no Papa-Nicole moments.' There was a bit of tension with that at first, but I was absolutely adamant."

So thank goodness for that. No more flirting with Clara.

I guess it could also mean no flirting with River, should she re-appear this series, but I can live with that. A comfortable, companiable relationship as you get with a married couple would be fine for me.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I never saw any flirting between the Doctor and Clara. I saw something akin to curiosity - but that is a pale word compared to the one I'm looking for but can't find. I saw a need for understanding, a need to come back to life after losing his Ponds. I saw friendship. But I never saw flirting.
                sigpic

Comment

I wish they had done the "picnic at Asgard" with Ten and River before David left. River is unsurprised with his face in SitL & FotD. She said it so fondly when she read from the diary...
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    Maybe it's just me, but I never saw any flirting between the Doctor and Clara. I saw something akin to curiosity - but that is a pale word compared to the one I'm looking for but can't find. I saw a need for understanding, a need to come back to life after losing his Ponds. I saw friendship. But I never saw flirting.
                    I used to think that way as well Ever. I saw gratitude for her saving his life and friendship (as you say) and maybe a little hankering after affection after he thought River had gone for good (comments about very short skirts etc).

But then recently I read an article where Steven Moffat is quoted as saying that the Doctor does fancy Clara ("he had a crush on her"), which made me grind my teeth bit.

I am convincing myself that this is due to him thinking he has lost River forever, and that a "crush" isn't true love, so having absolutely no flirting now between the 12th Doctor and Clara will help in my thinking that way.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    I wish they had done the "picnic at Asgard" with Ten and River before David left. River is unsurprised with his face in SitL & FotD. She said it so fondly when she read from the diary...
                    Yes that would have been nice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      That would have been lovely!

I used to think that way as well Ever. I saw gratitude for her saving his life and friendship (as you say) and maybe a little hankering after affection after he thought River had gone for good (comments about very short skirts etc).

But then recently I read an article where Steven Moffat is quoted as saying that the Doctor does fancy Clara ("he had a crush on her"), which made me grind my teeth bit.

I am convincing myself that this is due to him thinking he has lost River forever, and that a "crush" isn't true love, so having absolutely no flirting now between the 12th Doctor and Clara will help in my thinking that way.

Yes that would have been nice to have.
                      You know me and ignoring tptb when I want to. I see what I see and I'm stubborn about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

^^ yup. me too.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Hee hee!

Look at this!

http://giocondablu.deviantart.com/ar...Song-471113032

Comment

That is great!
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

My FAVOURITE kiss between them!
                                sigpic
                                My Site || My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X