Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sort of commander of Destiny do you think general Jack O'Neill would have made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sort of commander of Destiny do you think general Jack O'Neill would have made?

suppose hypothetically that for some reason Jack had been on the Icarus Base in the pilot, and for some reason it had been him and not young who had made it though the gate to Destiny, how do think things would have turned out with him in command of Destiny?

The dynamic between Jack and Rush would have been far different than that he enjoyed with Carter. Tensions would have been high, and I think it would have been even less beneficial than the dynamic between Young and the crew.

Comment

I think Jack would have had Camille busy admistering the affairs of the ship and crew keeping her too busy to cause trouble and she'd feel like she was in charge.

I don't think Rush would have even tried half the crap he did with Jack there. Jack would have put him out an airlock the first time he withheld tactical information or that withheld knowledge caused a loss of life.

Comment

I doubt Jack would murder a civilian. He restrained himself when an alien did that to two of his men, I seriously doubt he'd do it to one of his own people.

Comment

I think it's possible that operations and daily life would have flowed a lot more smooth if he had commanded the expedition, possibly because people see a General (military or otherwise) and tend to have a lot of respect for that kind of experience. That's just conjecture though.

Plus his abundance of experience with a variety of missions in the Milky Way would have come in very handy in a lot of the scenarios that the Destiny Expedition faced.

Comment

in one way, Rush would've tried less crap. he's a general after all. in another way, given his experience with Carter, i do think Rush would've had more freedom.

Comment

If Rush showed Jack more respect, I doubt it would be down to his rank.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                in one way, Rush would've tried less crap. he's a general after all. in another way, given his experience with Carter, i do think Rush would've had more freedom.
                Sam never withheld information that cost lives. That is a big difference.

Comment

rush would have gotten quite a few more beatdowns(is that even possible??) if Jack was around!

/also, sam would have figured out a way home by now if jack was on board! =D

Comment

Looking at Jack lately, I seriously doubt he is capable of beating Rush down even if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Looking at Jack lately, I seriously doubt he is capable of beating Rush down even if he wanted to.
                      Then he would order someone else do it for him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Your kid sister could give Rush a beat down. Jack would do fine.

Comment

Sam never withheld information that cost lives. That is a big difference.
                          so? like i said, given Jack's experience with Carter, i think he would let Rush do his thing. especially initially. the further we go into the seasons, the less accurate our predictions will become. i'm mostly talking about 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            Your kid sister could give Rush a beat down. Jack would do fine.
                            He's an old man. One Glasgow kiss from Rush and he'd be on his arse.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X