Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sort of commander of Destiny do you think Lt. Matthew Scott would have made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
    That's wrong! They want him to talk to the Colonel, not to take charge!
    SCOTT: I can handle this.

RUSH: Well, that's the point. You can; evidently he can't. You have to assume command officially.

(Scott scoffs.)

SCOTT: I can't do that.

RUSH: Well, what if this is a test, these dreams the colonel's been having - a test of his emotional stability?

WRAY: A test he's failing.

SCOTT: All right, where is this coming from?

WRAY: Think about it. What is the colonel doing right now? He's locked himself away; he's shut down. And at the exact same time, the ship came to a dead stop and now we're floating aimlessly in empty space.

RUSH: Destiny is beginning to understand us: who we are, what makes us tick.

SCOTT: What, you're telling me the ship wants me to replace him?!

RUSH: No, no. It's not as if it has desires or emotions. It has no personality. But it is capable of analysing all manner of sensory input. It knows we're here. It's beginning to understand what effect we might be having.

SCOTT: Why not one of you?

RUSH: Well, we've been down that road before, none too successfully.

(Scott blows out a breath and turns away, struggling to take it all in.)

SCOTT: I thought this was about aliens; I thought this was a warning to prepare us for an attack ...

WRAY: Either way - a warning, a test - we need a strong leader right now. I don't like it any more than you do, but I don't think you have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Thats makes no sense. Scott outranks Greer and James
      I know that but Young could promote one of the others. I just can't see Chachy in charge of anything.

Comment

KEK: Oh, I'm sorry. I must have understood that wrong (in the episode). I'm so sorry. Please forgive me
        sigpic

Comment

In the long run, if there would have been no other choice than scott, he would make a good commander, he have to learn by doing things though because he is still unexperiecend when he came to the destiny but even in those two seasons he stepped up, although he was my least favorite character . My personal choice would be of course Greerbut even then as second in command he would help Scott a lot IMO.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X