Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The volume was never a problem, they even had it on before some movies at the cinema, the problem was the content. If you advertise the show as a tense, action adventure thriller then there's no wonder viewers were disappointed. This is as much on MGM as Syfy though.

Comment

So, I just want to weigh in on this.

Every failure has many sides. Many parties that are responsible. SGU was a failure of the Network, the Fans, and the Writers, IMO.

Syfy - The Syfy network is a joke IMO, and I have no respect for them or their "new direction". I wish that cable providers could do A La Carte setups to the point of where I could withdraw my viewership for Syfy. I have no desire to continue funding them.

The Fans - Many of the fans that liked SG-1 and SGA were not keen on the idea of a new series at the expense of SGA being canceled. I was one of these. But I did give the series a chance and ended up liking it. I'm very sorry to see it go. Atleast the ship had a Stargate. I guess that was enough for me.

The Writers - the writers didn't think about catching the viewers attention early on and lost the viewer interest. I guess they counted on the old fans to keep them afloat. Their mistake. SGU, being new and flashy, was going to have to catch the attention of a whole new audience, and the brief cameo's by former SG show casts, wasn't enough.

I miss Stargate, I miss it a lot. I find there isn't much to watch on TV anymore. The show was a real inspiration. It was good to watch people doing more with their lives then just fitting in to the societal norm, or showing off to grab people's attention. Stargate, the last of the real scifi show's.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you!
      KlaxxonBlue

Comment

Working...
      X