Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Questions About Prometheus (SPOILERS for Prometheus Unbound)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions About Prometheus (SPOILERS for Prometheus Unbound)

Ok, so here's the first. In P.U., as well call it, we hear Vala say that the prometheus is nearly 'out of weapons'. Now, i've heard much disscussion about Prommie weapon systems, and that its 'primary weapon system' is energy based, from the asgard. if this is true, how would the prommie ever 'run out of weapons'? Sure, it has missiles, but energy weapons are ammo-less.

Second, when the prommie crew is transported onto vala's al'kesh, you could only see a small group of people. just how many officers are onboard the prommie at any given time? i'd think it would be several hundred for a ship of it's size, but maybe not. anyone know this?
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

perhaps the energy powering the wepons systems were almost out and needed recharging or repair.
    second, i would assume that the officers on the prommie have farlly larger living spaces that take up a lot of room, and there multiple glider bays, so maybe there aren't as many people on the ship as we think, its just a lot of empty space. not to mention an al'kesh is still a pritty big ship and i'm shore it could fit a lot of people we didn't see.

Comment

The Prometheus does not have energy weapons, it was stated in "The Siege Pt 3" that the Asgard do not give other races weapons that could be used against them. So no BC-303 ship has energy weapons only missiles tipped with nuclear warheads

The Prometheus is about 10x the size of an alkesh... how many people does it take to run an alkesh? About 2... maybe 3 so times that by 10 and you get a rumber around 20 or 30 all of which could fit on alkesh

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

The Prometheus has no Asgard weapons, it uses missiles, which aren't unlimited (Unless the officers type in up, up, down, left, x, o, up, left, R2). Also, bear in mind that Alkesh's are quite sizeable and we don;t see all of the Alkesh, just the cockpit.
        * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
          The Prometheus has no Asgard weapons, it uses missiles, which aren't unlimited (Unless the officers type in up, up, down, left, x, o, up, left, R2). Also, bear in mind that Alkesh's are quite sizeable and we don;t see all of the Alkesh, just the cockpit.
          I thought the prometheus was outfitted with Asgard weapons? Did I imagine something?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie

use a gameshark

Help!
            My emojournal

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
              I thought the prometheus was outfitted with Asgard weapons? Did I imagine something?
              S6 Disclosure:
              THOR: And to install Asgard designed shields and weapons on Prometheus.

So the Prommie does have Asgard designed weapons.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Siege, Part 3:

Sheppard: I don't get it, the Asgard gave us shields and hyperdrive, why not weapons?
                Caldwell: They don't want to give us anything that could potentially be used against them.

Also, watch Beachhead to see that Prometheus fires missiles at the shield.

In Disclosure, it only says Asgard designed weapons, not Asgard weapons, so it is likely that they just gave us slightly more advanced systems for our missiles.
                * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

I suppose the railguns were all the asgard thought we could handle, and the enhanced nukes we had already. They could have enhanced a laser system that we already have in development, sheese, at least they would take out fighters without running out of ammo. And why haven't we reverse engineered a staff weapon and enlarged. I read on another thread that naguadah has a yield of 100kt per kg, so 10 grams added to a APHE shell from the railgun could give each shell a Kt punch, that would be nice against unshielded ships or ground targets, at 180rps. Add 127mm RGs firing shells at 40rpm with 10Kg of Naq for a Mt punch, at mach 8. Thats sorts out the Wraith. The writers brown me off not doing the obvious. Oops, off track, must calm down.

Comment

The Prometheus was given an Asgard designed weapon(probably an energy weapon), but after loosing the naquadriah core, they weren't ever able to power it fully. Railguns were designed by Earth using trinium for the weapon itself and the naquadah generator to power it sufficiently. Missiles are Earth's current primary weapon up until the asgard installed several Pulse Beam emitters which happen to be short range (really short range).
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

The Prometheus never have Asgard weapons. The Odyssey was given Asgard weapons in Unending
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

i think thor ment that the asgard are fitting in asgard designed shields and earths weapons onto the prommie, maybe designed earths weapons to fit of a the ships

i dont hink he ment energy based weapons..more like missile systems and rail guns
                        sigpic

Comment

Either the railguns are the weapons Thor was talking about, or a newer set of railguns is superior to the energy weapon given us. They can give use weapons, just not ones we could use against them. Us, the real humans of Earth could theoretically go back in time and give the ancient peoples black-power muskets, and as long as we stay in tanks or APCs they couldn't threaten us. I saw a blueish weapon being fired in Lost City, but never saw it again. In PU, the weapons have a goldish-yellowish coloring characteristic of the 304's railguns.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Railguns are made by Earth technology alone, look it up sometime, they can theoretically be built but are difficult, they aren't Asgard technology. If you want to know what the railguns actually look like, watch the battle in "The Seige, pt. II" when Everett brings them to Atlantis.

Vala,

Comment

Prommie had railguns. They fire plasma, which is like fire. And to do so, it needs to store them in a buffer.

Like fast food. You can't shoot our burgers if you don't have them made.

In the siege3, they need to shoot the railguns in short bursts. Constant fireing would depleet the buffer and overheat the weapon

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                              X