My question(s) + thoughts on the show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question(s) + thoughts on the show.

Okay, so I started watching the show again after starting for the first time (and having to stop) back in September. I started on the second season. My question is this, because I never understood it.

How exactly does Gaius interact with the blonde Cylon? And why does she have such a fascination with him?
    sigpic

I am in season 4 right now and I still don't know.
    At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Its Baltar's conscience in my opinion.
      sigpic
      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Nope.

If you haven't already guessed exactly what she is, it's made pretty unequivocally clear in Season 4's No Exit. And then the point is driven home in no uncertain terms come the series finale.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok, Digi...Put it in a spoiler because I must have missed it.
          sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Okay...

I have seasons 2.0 and 2.5. Is there really any difference in watching the extended episode of Pegasus vs the regular episode?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
              Ok, Digi...Put it in a spoiler because I must have missed it.
              I sent you a PM. Poor Chris has already had to avoid one of my spoiler tag conversations in another of his threads

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Okay...

I have seasons 2.0 and 2.5. Is there really any difference in watching the extended episode of Pegasus vs the regular episode?
              About 10-15 minutes, if I recall correctly. It makes for a better episode, IMO.

What happened was that they set about making the episode, got it finished, and then realized that in terms of broadcast length, it was about one act too long. So in order to get Sci Fi to air it, they could either pad it out with another entire act's worth of filler to get it up to a 90 minute broadcast slot, or trim it down to it could air in the standard 60 minute broadcast slot.

They felt that padding it out would only detract from the overall experience, so they chose to trim it down instead with the intent of putting the full version of the episode on the DVD.

So yeah....just skip the broadcast version and watch the extended one. That's the episode as it was originally envisioned and created.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, and after you are done with the Pegasus angle (you will know when its over) get Razor. Its damn good.
                sigpic

Comment

And just in addition to Phin's comment there: Razor, though produced and released between Seasons 3 and 4, chronologically falls between 2.17 The Captain's Hand and 2.18 Downloaded.

The chronological (and best, IMO) order runs as follows:

Miniseries
                  Season 1
                  2.01-2.17
                  Razor
                  2.18-20
                  The Resistance (webisodes)
                  Season 3
                  4.01-11
                  Face of the Enemy (webisodes)
                  4.12-20

Skip The Plan entirely. It's crap, and only detracts from BSG's awesomeness.

Comment

I thought it spanned longer than that. I know the flashbacks are from the beginning up to that point, but I thought the present in Razor lasted longer than 2 episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Razor starts with
                      Spoiler:
                      Lee taking command of Pegasus after the death of Garner in 2.17

Then 2.18 has a....comparatively side story that bears fruit in 2.19, which then continues an uninterrupted arc up to 3.05.

Comment

Razor takes place between 2.17 and 2.18? Weird...

Good thing I have season 4.0, which includes Razor...

On IMDB it says to watch Razor before 4.0...
                        sigpic

Comment

I knew it took place before season 4 (I watched it in season 4 with my dvds too) but I couldnt remember exactly where it took place. You'll definitely want to watch it in the right place.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Razor takes place between 2.17 and 2.18? Weird...

Good thing I have season 4.0, which includes Razor...

On IMDB it says to watch Razor before 4.0...
                            Yeah, definitely before 4.0. Back in Season 2

Seriously though...chronology-wise, it absolutely takes place between 2.17 and 2.18. It picks up very definitively after the end of 2.17, but before the new story arc that begins in 2.18. Another reason not to watch it between 3.20 and 4.01 is because 4.01 picks up right where 3.20 ends, so sticking it in between really messes with the ongoing narrative of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Yeah, definitely before 4.0. Back in Season 2

Seriously though...chronology-wise, it absolutely takes place between 2.17 and 2.18. It picks up very definitively after the end of 2.17, but before the new story arc that begins in 2.18. Another reason not to watch it between 3.20 and 4.01 is because 4.01 picks up right where 3.20 ends, so sticking it in between really messes with the ongoing narrative of the series.
                              Ah okay...Well I guess that makes sense.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X