This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONTEST: Win Gold Tickets to Creation Stargate Vancouver 2012

A favorite event and destination for Stargate fans for the better part of a decade will disappear after next year. But before it goes, you might have the chance to be there to say farewell.

For the eighth consecutive -- and sadly, final -- year, Creation Entertainment will be hosting an Official Stargate Convention in the TV franchises' home city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The con, once again being held at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby, is set for April 27-29, 2o12. To celebrate its final Canadian outing, GateWorld is teaming up with Creation as they give one lucky winner (and their guest) the chance to attend the convention in style as a special holiday present this season.

Typically, guests for the Vancouver convention can and have been added up to a week prior to the event -- but Creation has already amassed a formidable line-up of stars from the long-running franchise. Other names will be announced leading up to the event, but those already announced include:

* From Stargate SG-1: Christopher Judge ("Teal'c") and Steve Bacic ("Camulus")
    * From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan ("Col. John Sheppard"), David Hewlett ("Rodney McKay"), Paul McGillion ("Dr. Carson Beckett"), Ryan Robbins ("Ladon Radim"), Kavan Smith ("Major Lorne"), Robert Picardo ("Richard Woolsey") and Chuck Campbell ("Chuck the technician")
    * Brand new SG-1 faces to the Creation stage, including Barclay Hope ("Colonel Pendergast"), Suanne Braun ("Hathor") and Sarah Strange ("Morgan Le Fay")

Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order -- especially since the Vancouver con features other additional perks.

These two gold passes are valued at approximately $800, and will provide the winner and their guest with:

* Reserved seating close to the stage for all three days of the event
    * Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
    * A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Christopher Judge, Kavan Smith and more.
    * In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending
    * A Stargate gift produced by Creation -- and created only for the Vancouver convention.

Members of GateWorld's editorial staff will be there -- would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer the question "Who is your favorite Stargate character -- and why?" Register first if you're not a member of the forum yet. It's quick, and it's free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)

We'll randomly choose a winner on January 2, 2012 -- and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.

IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accomodations and other incidentals are not included. Please also note that since the convention is in Canada, any non-Canadian winner must also provide proper documentation to travel internationally.

Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Carter is hands down my favourite character, and the only reason I gave SGA and SGU a chance. Aside from the epic winning that is Amanda Tapping, Carter was a huge influence on me growing up. She wasn't just a sex object but was a smart, confident, successful woman who could hold her own in a man's world. She inspired me to push beyond what is easy or expected, and never to conform to the box society thinks I belong in..."just because my reproductive organs are in the inside."

Comment

Teal'c is my favourite character. I admire his inner strength and his determination, and his subtle sense of humour ("undomesticated equines...").

Comment

I like Teal'c the best because of How awkward he is in earlier episodes. Some o his best moments were "Teal'c PI" from the 200th episode. I kept laughing at his joke of the Setesh Guards. When he and colonial O'Neil got stuck in the time loop it was funny how he slammed the door in the guy's face. He takes pleasure in the simple things many of us would over look, and he is also a great guy.

Comment

I'm a HUGE Rodney McKay fan for several reasons. First and foremost, David Hewlett is uber talented. That is simple. And secondly, well, I'm afraid I wish I were Rodney McKay. I'm smart and all, but what I wouldn't give to be saving the universe a few times a week. Alas, college physics was a slogfest for me. Brilliant biologist just doesn't have the same bragging rights as brilliant physicist. Sigh. I only recently discovered stargate on netflix this year. Sure wish there were more Atlantis and McKay, darn it. I'd be watching, if there were.
          Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

O'Neil of course....The man has great leadership skills and the best sarcastic personality of any TV character EVER made. Oh and he is MacGyver...Need I say more?

Comment

Though it is hard to choose a favorite, like many others I will have to go with Teal'c. He is funny, smart, strong, determined, selfless, and willing to fight for what is right. He also always swoops in to save the day in all of my bad dreams, so obviously my subconscious likes and admires him as well.

Comment

My favorite character is all of theme. Stargate is the most well rounded series ever for me. It's amazing for a franchise to keep you so interested that you have to and want to see more. I can truly say that there is not a character that I don't like...even Baal, lol.

From Teal'C to Rodney, Eli to Kronus...it doesn't matter. Stargate please don't end.

Comment

I'd have to say Brody and volker, just because they were some of the most relatable supporting characters, and brought in much of stargate's don't-take-yourself-too-seriously philosophy from the earlier series'.

Comment

My favorite character has to be THOR. The UNIVERSE would be a very different place without Thor. If it wasn't for Thor giving Earth his protection early on, then we probably would've been enslaved by some goa'uld or another. Instead, with Thor on our side we could explore the galaxy, take down system lords, and incite rebellions. Thor got the favor returned when we destroyed the Replicators, and he then fought on our side against the Ori. Unfortunately, we couldn't help the Asgard overcome their genetic problems, but before calling it quits Thor proclaimed us the Fifth Race and passed down all Asgard technology onto us, allowing us to finally fight back against Ori ships, and to have an effective weapon against Replicator and Wraith ships in Pegasus. Not to mention Thor giving us intergalactic hyperdrive technology saved the Atlantis expedition during the first Wraith siege, and his gift of beaming technology helped us repel the siege. And it was all that technological development that allowed us to venture out into the Universe on the Destiny, seeding civilizations and discovering the secrets of reality.

All because of Thor.

Comment

Let's see if I can narrow this down to just one favorite Stargate character.
                      I like almost all the characters for one reason or another.
                      I like Kavan Smith as Evan Lorne as a secondary character. He is a great leader and is not afraid to rock the boat when need be.
                      I will have to say my favorite character is played by Joe Flanigan, and that would be John Sheppard. He is a natural leader, yet unassuming. He plays the hero when he needs to but most of the time he just flies by the seat of his pants and gets the job done.

Comment

Jack is my favorite. Like Daniel, he's an original character from the movie. His series character has much more humor and development.
                        My Family Blog

Comment

Dr. Daniel Jackson is my favorite and always will be. In fact he is my favorite TV character ever. He had such passion for what he did and cared so much about it he would risk his life for it. He's caring nature towards people makes him so lovable, and every weel you wanted to have more. It was one of the most heart wrenching episodes when he "died" or ascened. You felt like you were losing a friend. Daniel was always impressing us with his vast knowledge of languges and pulling info from no where. And all though I loved all the characters on SG-1 Daniel Jackson will alwasy hold a special place in my heart. I can't pass an epyptian exhibit and not think about Daniel and SG-1. It was a sad day when this show ended and i will never forget the love I have for it and its amazing cast and crew. Thanks SG-1 for letting me in on the Adventure.
                          " Never was there a story of more woe than this of Julietand her Romeo"

Comment

My favorite Stargate character is Dr Peter Grodin because he is played by Craig Veroni. I went to elementary school with Craig & we ran into each other in our twenties. I saw him on Stargate, which I had never seen, as I was flipping channels. I watched SGA because he was in it and became a Stargate fan (looked forward to David Hewlett, Joe Flannigan, Jason Momoa & the rest of the cast every episode) Then I discovered SG1 & SGU and the talented casts there. My love of Stargate started with Craig & continues today. I've been fortunate to meet Craig for lunch this year and met cast members at Once Upon a Cure. I would love to go to the final convention. My love of SciFi was rekindled because of these shows.

Comment

Jack is my favorite Because he reminds me of a Gunnery Sgt. I served with in the Marines. He had a simular senses of humor and that same leadership style and commanded that respect from the People under his command.

Comment

Working...
                              X