Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Expo Vancouver- April 21 & 22, 2012

Hey guys

Just learned of a new convention. Happening here in Vancouver, the weekend before Creation Stargate Vancouver.

It is Fan Expo Vancouver. A spin-off of the popular Fan Expo which happens each summer in Toronto. This is Canada's verison of Comic Con (San Diego).

So can't wait. Since I have be saying for a while that they needed to have a multi genre event here in Vancouver. Since many of the tv shows and movies that are featured at the convention. Are filmed right here.

http://www.fanexpovancouver.com/
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Awesome!..hope they get LOTS of guests......and if he's not busy filming in Toronto, maybe Michael, especially as he went to the one in Toronto this year with Lexa....now that's one I seriously might reconsider trying to get a cheap flight out for next year....will hang around and wait and see which guests are listed.....

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

OMG!!..and it's being held at the Convention Centre opposite the hotel where we usually stay...this is getting more and more tempting by the minute....and a lot cheaper for us than Creation as I expect there'll be only a nominal entry charge and then I can choose photo ops and autos as and when I want...

Thanks for this info...I shall bookmark it with interest....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

This is great news! At least there's another con to look at to attend once the Stargate Creation con no longer happens in Vancouver. Should be more affordable too! Maybe not next year after shelling out for the Creation con, but then again, depending on who turns up on the guest list, the credit card is once again my good friend!

Comment

And it may become my con to go too in the future years as well. Since it will be a easy commute across the water instead of to Burnaby.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
            And it may become my con to go too in the future years as well. Since it will be a easy commute across the water instead of to Burnaby.
            That's turned out to be really handy commute wise for you!

Makes my commute a bit longer, and more expensive as I have to pay for parking. I have to drive because the West Coast Express doesn't run on weekends, so I would have to take two buses just to get to the nearest Skytrain station, which is time consuming and really annoying. If I give the sorrowful pleading look to my hubby he usually drives me to the nearest Skytrain station,and picks me up too. I always try to avoid driving into Downtown Vancouver if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              That's turned out to be really handy commute wise for you!

Makes my commute a bit longer, and more expensive as I have to pay for parking. I have to drive because the West Coast Express doesn't run on weekends, so I would have to take two buses just to get to the nearest Skytrain station, which is time consuming and really annoying. If I give the sorrowful pleading look to my hubby he usually drives me to the nearest Skytrain station,and picks me up too. I always try to avoid driving into Downtown Vancouver if I can.
              Get practicing that look. Yeah the West Coast express drives me nuts. I have a friend out in Abbotsford. And since the train only runs downtown during the morning. And out again in the late afternoon. If I wanted to visit her. I would have to take it out in the evening and stay over and then come back in the morning.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

This is great news. Another reason to visit Vancouver!

Comment

.They have added a ton of guests to this one in both the celeb and Anime sections.

Go and check out the attendees.
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

I just clicked the link for the Calgary Expo which takes place at the same time as the Creation Stargate convention in Vancouver... Amanda Tapping is one of the guests!

Comment

I am confused since one day they have a large group of celeb guests and the next day 3 less.
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Well this certainly looks interesting....I just hope they add a few other guest then it will be worth the skytrain ride down. Would be nice to see the exhibitors too.
                        sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                        Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                        GateCon Vancouver 2011
                        Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

They do have more guests. Been told that they had a system glitch and the guests delated will be added plus lots more.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                            They do have more guests. Been told that they had a system glitch and the guests delated will be added plus lots more.
                            awesome thanks for the heads up...will keep an eye out for the updates
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Did anybody notice that Tony Amendola has been added to the Vancouver Expo? As has John de Lancie, along with Marina Sirtis and Michael Dorn.

What a terrible time to be between jobs and have two events so close together.

Comment

Working...
                              X