Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the wraith have the same healing powers as the ancients?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the wraith have the same healing powers as the ancients?

Read the title (we know the wraith are hard to kill, would the ancients be as hard to kill?)

I do not know but it is a good topic. I would think that they would have some healing power but not to the extent of the wraith.
    Last edited by buckner; 30 January 2005, 03:41 PM.

Comment

We where shown that they do in Frozen but it is not as good as the Wraith.
      The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
      Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
      Wash: It did seem to resemble-
      Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

No way of knowing.

In Frozen, the chick had just been in stasis for several million years. Since the rate of regeneration in a Wraith is related to how recently they've fed, it may well be the same in an Ancient.

Comment

maybe.

It would be interesting if they stole the wraith gene and engineered it into themselves, stealing their regenerating abilities. Or vise versa.

Comment

We will probably get an answer to this question in an upcoming season of Atlantis. I do know from "The Defiant One" that
            Spoiler:
            The wraith are capable of living for exceptionally long periods of time (well the Wraith dude that the team ran into in this ep was stuck on that planet for like 10,000 odd years). And that the Wraith's ability to regenerate is tied to when they fed last (in other words, if the Wraith fed recently, their regenerative abilities are pretty much instantaneous. Remember the part where shappard shot the Wraith and it healed itself right afterward?)

Since we really haven't seen much of the Ancients, it's hard to say whether or not their regenerative abilities are like that of the Wraith. Again, upcoming seasons of Atlantis may help out here (or even upcoming seasons of SG-1).

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisluva
              maybe.

It would be interesting if they stole the wraith gene and engineered it into themselves, stealing their regenerating abilities. Or vise versa.
              Oh that is interesting. Like to see how this plays out in the future episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

Definitely two diffferent kinds of healing. I don't remember an Ancient healing themselves, only giving that gift to others (tho I guess it could be supposed that they could heal themselves, too). But When they do heal other people, they kinda give a little of their own life, it seems. Whereas with the Wraith, they take life to heal themselves. I think it's definitely two different things.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  Definitely two diffferent kinds of healing. I don't remember an Ancient healing themselves, only giving that gift to others (tho I guess it could be supposed that they could heal themselves, too). But When they do heal other people, they kinda give a little of their own life, it seems. Whereas with the Wraith, they take life to heal themselves. I think it's definitely two different things.
                  might be two different things but it could be a give and take system. the wraith steal the life from their victims and it helps to heal them perhaps the ancients choose to give instead of receive maybe they could drain like the wraith but its against their higher morals????
                  the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                    Read the title (we know the wraith are hard to kill, would the ancients be as hard to kill?)
                    I think the Ancients were much easier to kill since they were just advanced humans. I think the Wraith can regenerate themselves pretty easily, but I don't think they can heal a human or other species. Ancients could heal others. I bet there is a link to the power somehow, but it's used in opposite ways.

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                      I think this was one of the reasons for the thread that asked if the ancients and wraith were related; which I hope they are not. Stands to reason though, that if the ancients need others to heal them, then they would be a lot easier to kill by themselves.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                        I have to agree with Daniel's twin. If the Ancients were able to heal themselves, the woman in Frozen would still be alive.

Comment

I think the ancients have the same healing abilities when the wraith havent been feeding for a while, we also know that the ancients can heal others which the wraith cant.
                          what about the wraith can they heal others?
                          we know the ancients can control there brain can the wraith?
                          can the ancients connect to each other via there brains as the wraith can?
                          if ancients were still around could they connect with people with the ancient gene or would it take something else?

i would love to see these questions answered in season 2. feel free to try to answer and put your own ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            I think this was one of the reasons for the thread that asked if the ancients and wraith were related; which I hope they are not.
                            Watch "The Gift" and it will be explained
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

its not really explained in the gift
                              more like hinted and speculated

Comment

Working...
                              X