My Lost Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About half-way through.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

*I slap myself for forgetting to post this*
      The Hunting Party: One of the best s2 episodes. No kidding.
      Review: This episode's meaning is basically "s*it gets real". A very awesome jungle adventure with Jack, Locke and Nick. Finally the big grand reunion arc is over and we can get back to "normal". We get our first big encounter with the Natives and their leader, Captain Greybeard.
      Best character of ep: James.
      Worst character of ep: Michael(what goes on in that brain??).
      Discovery of ep: The Natives mean business.
      Primary Storyline of ep: Being the protective parent he is, Michael neurotically traps his friends in the armory(push the door open when he tries to close it, slamming it in his face so you can disarm him, Super-Doc) and goes off to rescue Walt. Naturally to save the series, Kate and Snarky arrive to help. Jack, Locke and James decide to do the sensible thing for once by going to bring Mike back and leaving Kate out of this. And finally for once she goes along. A long trek through the island ensues. Locke finds out Snarky's real name, the three hear some gunshots and find some bullets but no sign of Michael. And then they decide to hang around in the same spot until night to get into the right atmosphere for the Natives and Greybeard to show up. Greybeard basically explains that as long as the survivors leave them alone, they leave the survivors alone. And then they show their captive Kate who came along anyway(s*it gets real for her) and our heroes lose a bunch of guns. And Michael is kinda forgotten. Not that he really even mattered anymore in the show anyway.
      Secondary Storyline: Jack falls in love with someone and becomes very convinced he can save her father. Jack and his dad go through problems(not new). Jack, not knowing that the real world is kryptonite, tries to do a miracle again but fails. And breaks up with his wife for no apparent reason.
      Creepiest thing in the episode: Jack's girlfriend's dad.
      Coolest thing in the episode: Christian.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Round of applause for rushy, for sticking with this, I for one appreciate it, keep it up ma' man
        Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Fire + Water: My least fav episode of Lost ever.
          Review: This episode is plain awful. Too much religious stuff, not nearly enough anything and too much embarassment. And seriously Locke? What the hell is with the punching? What happened to his island mind skills or whatever? You know, like the Moth episode? I don't remember him punching anyone there.
          Best character of ep: Jack(because he barely has anything to do in this nonsense)
          Worst character of ep: Locke(can't believe it)
          Discovery of ep: Aaron is going to die if he won't get baptized(*yawn*)
          Primary Storyline: Charlie starts seeing symbolic visions that something is going to happen to Aaron. Meanwhile he also notices that Claire and Locke are getting closer(*yawn* for relationship boredom). Hurley is trying to get a date with Libby and eventually does end up with her in the Swan. Charlie ends up sleepwalking and "steals" the baby. Oh, and Locke? thinks he's using heroin again(just ask the guy you bald moron). Having lost most of the group's trust, he goes to mr. Eko for religious advice(tree marking. At least some plot development came out of this ep) and he tells him basically that Aaron could be baptized. Charlie takes this literally and actually DOES steal the baby to be forcibly baptized(???) so Locke punches him three times and Charlie becomes an outcast. And so after all this, Eko actually DOES baptize the baby(I hate this episode) and Charlie seems to turn into his original hoodie character again.
          Secondary Storyline: Thanks to Charlie's bro using drugs, the band has lost almost everything. Charlie and Liam leave, Liam gets a daughter and in immense guilt, he gives up the drugs, sells Charlie's precious piano to start a new life with his girlfriend and their daughter and leaves.
          Creepiest thing in the episode: The whole thing.
          Coolest thing in the episode: Nothing.
          Last edited by rushy; 14 February 2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

The Long Con: Nick is revealed to be an evil mastermind!!!
            Review: Holy cow! Bloody brilliant!! Nick was just being plain bad*** in here, totally screwing with the main guys. That was just awesome to watch. The flashbacks... not so much.
            Best character of ep: James Sawyer Nick Ford.
            Worst character of ep: Cassidy.
            Discovery of ep: The Island may be capable of time travel.
            Primary Storyline: Jack and Locke decide to put all the vital stuff into one place: the armory(how stupid is that?). Locke tells Jack he had to take away some heroin from Charlie(does Super-Doc do anything about that?!). Meanwhile, Nick has been stealing some meds(that he needs to recover, what's the point of NOT taking them??) Charlie and Nick are having a nice conversation where Nick taunts Charlie about being kicked out by Claire whilst Charlie notices that Nick's own tent is being ransacked by Jack(LOL). Locke and Claire are now sleeping together(WHAT?!!) and Jack and Ana-Lucia(aka Jack's suitable girlfriend) are building an army. Uh... da **** is going on?? Meanwhile, Hurley is trying to go on a date with Libby and asks Sayid's help to get some serenade from the radio. Hurley reveals he's just trying to cheer Sayid up(GO CHEER UP CHARLIE) and leaves. Meanwhile, Jack and Ana-Lucia discuss why no one's joining an army and Jack believes it's due to no one trusting anyone anymore(and whose fault is that?). Meanwhile, Sun is working in her garden and gets attacked and dragged through the jungle and then just left behind(what was the point of that??). Everyone instantly believes that the Natives have come again(and no one thinks WHAT IS THE POINT of dragging Sun and leaving her there?) Being sensible, Locke reminds them that not only is it stupid, but the Natives and our guys have a truce which they have given no reason to break. Ana-Lucia thinks they should give everyone the guns(oh god it's gonna be a total Lord of the Flies) but Locke disagrees and knows they'll just end up killing each other(wow Locke's regained some of his old sense yay!!). Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer are playing detective and they find the bag that was on Sun's head. Several hints show that it couldn't be the Natives and Sherlock also realizes that the bag is slightly different than the one they used on our guys. Sherlock deduces that Jack and Ana-Lucia must be behind this. Kate starts interrogating Jack about Ana-Lucia but gets nothing. Sun then wakes up and tells that she has no idea what happened so Jin starts demanding a gun and Jack agrees so Kate asks Nick to run to the Hatch and warn Locke so he can hide the guns(Kate's being smart? *facepalm* Where has this show come to?) Locke and Nick plot to hide the guns. Jack and Jin then show up but all the guns are gone(take that you out-of-character suckers). Jack naturally blames Nick, but unfortunately Jin stops him from punching Nick(everyone seem to have anger and trust issues. Definitely LotF). So Jack goes to the beach and yells at Locke for stealing the guns and then a gunshot booms through the jungle. Nick reveals that when Locke stole the guns from Jack, he stole the guns from Locke. He also informs them that he is now in control of all the supplies and if they want any, they need to come to him to get it(see? Now THAT's the smart thing to do). Finally, Sayid gets the serenade working and Hurley theorizes it might be coming from the past(gasp). In the end, we discover that Nick's sidekick was... Charlie and he was doing it to make Locke feel weak and vulnerable(I am so totally rooting for these two) and he was the one who attacked Sun.
            Secondary Storyline: Nick's doin' another one of his cons, but his "girlfriend" Cassidy catches him and decides to become his partner. So for some time, Cassidy and Nick are having fun conning time, but eventually Nick's real partner(and enforcer) orders him to finish the long con on Cassidy which Nick does to save her. Cassidy is left alone as Nick takes all the money.
            Creepiest thing in the episode: Charlie(in that hood again *shudders*)
            Coolest thing in the episode: The Long Con.

Comment

One of Them: The conniving, lying, smarty, charismatic, powerful and diabolical BENJA-*cough* Henry Gale!!!!!
              Review: These episodes are getting better and better and better again! A good thing too considering how dumb these guys are these days. Locke makes no sense(STOP SLEEPING WITH CLAIRE). But I guess bald means villain as much as a goatee(worn by the only guy who wasn't evil btw)
              Best character of ep: Benja- *cough* Henry Gale.
              Worst character of ep: Sayid.
              Discovery of ep: The lead *cough* a spy *cough* a random guy.
              *Primary Storyline "Hatch": Danielle shows up at the beach and gives Sayid custody of a Native(why didn't you just kill him? I thought that's what all those death traps are for. Plus, wasn't there a truce or something? Why aren't you interrogating him on your own?). She tells him that he's evil and decides to kill him(and the point of calling Sayid was...?), but Sayid saves him and takes him to the Hatch to be cured by Jack. And then Sayid and Locke agree that they have to find out who exactly this Benja-*cough* Henry guy is so Sayid grabs him, locks him in the armory(how the hell does Locke change the code in 5 minutes??) and starts beating the crap out of him(Uh... truce? Not knowing who this guy even is? Promise never to torture again?). Understandably, Ben-*cough* Henry is not pleased and tries to reason with the suddenly insane Iraqi torturer who isn't listening. Meanwhile, Locke tries to unconvincingly convince Jack why they have to torture this clearly innocent guy until he "admits" he's a bad*** masterm*cough* spy. But fortunately, the button comes to our rescue. Super-Doc goes completely nuts and pushes Locke against the wall, not caring if the WORLD DESTROYING button gets pushed or not(wait, I'm on Locke's side now?) so Locke is forced to tell him the code so he can push the button. Before he does, he sees hieroglyphs on the timer(???). Jack comes in and drags off the screaming Torturer(GET A STRAITJACKET) leaving Ben-*cough* Henry behind looking a bit suspicious. Oh and Sayid reminds Charlie that we're supposed to hate the Natives(why do I have a feeling this is more for the audience than them?)

*Primary Storyline "Beach": James gets waked up early on Saturday morning by a (GASP) tree frog. Heroically, walking through the Jungle of Doom, our hero with a flaming glare hunts the frog and comes across a food-stealing Hurley(that explains a lot). "Hugo, thy food is illegal by laws I just bestowed with my hands. Thy must come with me on my mission of doom or knowledge of this foul act will spread from one side of Sawyerdom to another." our hero said and offered his hand. Fearing for his life, Hugo accepted and chose to track the great beast down or die in the attempt. And so, tortured by the beast's voice, our heroes finally found the frog. "Hurley" our hero said. "This foul beast cannot be harmed by weapons of man. We must take it back and cast it into the fires of Hell from whence it came. One of you, a.k.a. you must do it." And so, Prince James opened his hand and gave the frog to his vassal Hurley to be cast into Mount Doom a.k.a. the Source. And Hurley turned and accepted the mission. Part One: Find the Natives.

*Secondary Storyline: *yawn* Sayid gets captured by Americans, tortures his superior for some old hag who we'll never see again and meets Kate's dad(Small world, huh?).
              Creepiest thing in the episode: Nothing really.
              Coolest thing in the episode: Benja-*cough* Henry Gale!
              Last edited by rushy; 14 February 2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Maternity Leave: A new DHARMA station YAY!!!

Review: This episode I liked, but I'm beginning to miss the main story. Lost isn't meant to be episodic. Go Girl Team!
                Best character of ep: Ethan.
                Worst character of ep: Kate(duh).
                Discovery of ep: The Staff.

*Primary Storyline "Claire": Aaron gets a mysterious baby fever so the Crazy French Chick shows up VERY CONVENIENTLY and tells Claire that her baby is infected. Claire starts panicking and VERY CONVENIENTLY starts seeing flashes of the time she was kidnapped by Ethan. So Claire goes to Libby who helps her remember more. She declares that she has to find the Staff in order to get medicine for her child(how about listening to the DOCTOR?!) and goes off to find Crazy French Chick with Kate(who gets a few guns from Nick). So they all go about, Claire remembers a few more things, they make it to the Staff and they find it deserted(why is it deserted???) and the meds are gone. Both Claire and Danielle have a little breakdown, the end.
                *Primary Storyline "Hatch": Locke and Jack still have no clue what to do with Henry, so they do nothing. Eko discovers that Henry exists and tells him that he killed two Others and then gives him two pieces of his beard(???). After Eko leaves, we see that Henry has started manipulating Locke(how can he not see it??)
                *Secondary Storyline: Claire gets kidnapped and drugged by Ethan. Ethan takes Claire to the Staff and there, Alex helps Claire escape from Ethan and so does Danielle.

Creepiest thing in the episode: The flashbacks.
                Coolest thing in the episode: Benja-*cough* Henry Gale!

Comment

Hey there rushy long time. I was reading your post above about when the French woman brought Benjamin to sayid, what . Don't get is how she could have forgotten the face of the man who stole her baby from her!!! Surely she would remember that for as long as she lived?
                  I've just finished watching the whole show from beginning to end so I've got loads of little questions lol but I fear they will almost all go unanswered.
                  Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                    Hey there rushy long time. I was reading your post above about when the French woman brought Benjamin to sayid, what . Don't get is how she could have forgotten the face of the man who stole her baby from her!!! Surely she would remember that for as long as she lived?
                    I've just finished watching the whole show from beginning to end so I've got loads of little questions lol but I fear they will almost all go unanswered.
                    Maybe that's why she was so certain that he's "one of them".

Comment

Wow, I used to suck at reviewing.

Comment

Might have to redo this, or just continue where I left off, because now I'm finally gonna see the series finale for the first time

Comment

Working...
                        X