This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    And the prominently displayed "TV-14" warning that appeared at the beginning of each and every one of those 10 episodes didn't give you a clue?

As a parent myself, parents who ignore media warnings about the age-appropriateness of media irritate me. If the makers of the show clearly didn't intend it for children and label it as not intended for children, why is the appropriateness of it for children even being discussed?
    My point was: Stargate had always been a family show. Even the episodes in SG-1 and SGA that had the TV 14 label on them didn't really cross lines that I'd already drawn for my kids. Those ones in early S1 did.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Because the full frontal nudity in COTG is very family friendly
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

It's much more family friendly than what we see in later episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Not the SyFy cut. And that's all the kids have seen.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

That doesn't negate the point SG1 was far from family friendly. I will grant you SGU was even farther but SG1 was not family friendly.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

This is something that has been lurking in the back of my mind for awile, this very point. When the FF nudity was in CoTG, it was said that "showtime wanted it, it's not our show". Then you have the "directors cut" which cuts that section out, so you can safely assume that BW didn't really want it there to begin with. Enter SGU, the show they had the clout to do "the way they wanted" and BLAM!! first ep, we have sex. I *think* something that irked some fans off was very soon after producing this "sexless" SG-1 "directors cut", SGU had it in the first ep. I know SGU was a different show, but ya gotta admit, it looks a little Hinkey to say the least...........
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The so called sex scenes where nothing like the full frontal nudity of SG1. They barely showed it.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The so called sex scenes where nothing like the full frontal nudity of SG1. They barely showed it.
                  I agree. What bugged me about the sex scenes the most in SGU was when their conciousness were in another persons body. Wasn't there body, yet they were using it as if it were. But that's an entire different issue. Never understood the need for the full frontal in Children of the Gods - unnecessary IMO
                  Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

And thats exactly the point.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      And thats exactly the point.
                      How? They are not even comparable. I saw scenes in SG1 that were more graphic then the sex scene in Air..
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

How? They are not even comparable. I saw scenes in SG1 that were more graphic then the sex scene in Air..
                        Out of curiosity, what scenes are we talking about? And I do think the backlash over the sex scene was really overdone, given how tame it was.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        Did the portrayal of the military do anything for you?
                        As a member of the military I didn't have any issue with how the military was portrayed. I appreciated that they gave the military characters different personalities other than "overtly-heroic".

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Not the SyFy cut. And that's all the kids have seen.
                          There were arguably three instances of rape in SG-1's first season alone. The subject matter was not kid friendly, even if the light and fun depiction was at times.

Comment

If the show didn't get the ratings then TPTB simply didn't provide a product that people wanted to watch. No one is obligated to watch. I liked, but didn't love SGU. I thought it was too much like Lord of the Flies combined with a soap opera. The plot moved at a glacial pace, we learned little more at the end than we did at the beginning. I was sorry to see it go, but it was TPTB that killed it, not anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              better question: do women like sci fi. although i should say SyFy.
                              Well I don't like SyFy but I do love my scifi

anyway, something to thunk over? i don't know. going by this board, sheppard thunking was a pretty big thing.
                              Sheppard never really done it for me

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
                              Yes, I think it's a myth that women don't like Sci Fi, although I believe they're more likely to be fans of specific shows rather than watch anything because it's sci-fi. As for Do they like syfy? Well W13 does well with women's demos and I think Eureka and Being Human do as well. Didn't The Dresden Files get cancelled because it was too popular with women and not enough with men (to whom the commercials were directed I guess)?
                              Seriously? If that's true well that just sucks It was a good show. And that's probably the most stupidest reason for cancelling a show that I've heard.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Sheppard never really done it for me
                                Well, in my case if Sheppard had been in it, I would have watched.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X