Intro Change Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Are your DVD's Region 1? I'm guessing not. Let me break this down. For Seasons 1-5, the entire introduction sequence was a pan over Ra's mask, lifted from the original film. This is known as the Showtime intro. The introduction sequence that shows various clips from first season episodes is known as the Syndication intro. which was created for syndicated reruns. On DVD, the Showtime intro. is used for the first episode, "Children of the Gods." Then it switches over to the syndication intro. for the rest of the season, Season 2, and Season 3 except for the finale (Nemesis).
    Again ... not on mine! And I really and truly and honestly don't care a fig for your breakdown of what it should be according to you.

The Showtime intro. resumes with the Season 3 finale (Nemesis) and spans all of Seasons 4&5. Seasons 6-10 all feature the introduction sequences as they originally appeared on the SciFi channel. There is no introduction sequence that features both Ra's mask and clips from the show.
    Sadly, you are wrong again. Mine DO have Ra's mask and clips from the show on all episodes from Season 1 thru Season 3, and then changes in S4 ... as I've said, but which you apparently can't accept.

Do your Season 6 DVD's feature two introduction sequences? The first two episodes, Redemption Parts 1&2, feature the camera panning over the stargate with no clips from the show. The remaining 20 episodes feature a combination of the stargate pan over mixed with clips from the show.
    No, they do not feature two sequences. "Redemption" starts with the camera panning over the gate (which is spinning), and then shows clips of RDA. It then moves on to the rest of the cast and does the same thing. This exact same sequence is shown on every single episode of Season 6 on my DVDs. You don't have to like it, but there it is.

There is only one version of the show on Region 1 DVD. The DVD's were released in new packaging, but the disc content remained the same.
    I can't speak to this. I can only tell you what's on mine.

As for regions, I can't speak to that. There is no information on my box set about a region. However, I got mine from the U.S. division of amazon.com in 2007. And since I live in Washington state, and this is where I ordered mine from, I have to assume mine are for Region 1.
    Last edited by hedwig; 15 November 2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Well, that's just downright bizarre. Your DVD's episode introductions for Seasons 1-3 and Season 6's "Redemption" don't seem to match the Region 1 DVD release. You say you bought your DVD's in 2007, yes? They were re-released in 2006 with new packaging, but I had read that disc content was the same. Curious. To anyone who has the season sets in the new, white, slim packaging; can you check Seasons 1-3 and "Redemption" to see if the credits line up as Hedwig describes?

Comment

Hang on - what?

In my experience the intro for seasons 1-5 had just the golden mask, no faces or anything.
        sigpic
        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

It's already been explained. The first five seasons had the golden mask when the show originally aired on Showtime. A new intro. sequence was created for Showtime featuring clips from the first season and the beginning of the second season. On DVD, the Showtime intro. was used for "Children of the Gods." The syndication intro. was used for the rest of the season, all of Season 2, and all of Season 3 except for the finale, "Nemesis." "Nemesis" and all of Seasons 4-5 switched back to the Showtime intro. due to audio commentaries which sometime referenced the Showtime intro, not the syndication intro. There was no audio commentary for "Nemesis" on DVD, so I don't know why they decided to switch over then instead of the Season 4 premiere.

Comment

Working...
          X