This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samantha Carter

Carter is one of my favorite characters from the whole franchise. I love that she crossed over two SGU for two episodes. She was seen in command of the George Hammond in "Air, Part 1" and "Incursion, Part 1," yes? What did you think of her brief appearances? Had the show not been cancelled, do you think we might have seen more of her? I know some think she got over exposed, but I never got tired of her.

I think the show had just enough exposure in the show. In fact, I believe had it lasted she might never have appeared again and that would have been just fine with me. I'm always a bit wary of these episodes where characters from one series crossover into another. If done poorly it tends to be a distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      Carter is one of my favorite characters from the whole franchise. I love that she crossed over two SGU for two episodes. She was seen in command of the George Hammond in "Air, Part 1" and "Incursion, Part 1," yes? What did you think of her brief appearances? Had the show not been cancelled, do you think we might have seen more of her? I know some think she got over exposed, but I never got tired of her.
      It's basically a couple of cameos. It could have been any 304 commander really. I don't suppose anyone who hasn't seen SG-1 or Atlantis would think her character significant. I don't know if we'd have seen more of her in future, I doubt it personally, but I do think we'd have seen more of McKay.

Comment

I did like how she appeared on the show. It was a nice tie in to the last episode of Atlantis. I do agree that her role in Universe could have been filled by any 304 commander, I do however think she would have popped up in cameos if the show continued. The 304s always stayed on the show they were introduced in. So The Hammond and Col. Carter would have continued to appear.

Comment

Bit off topic, but, I really didn't appreciate her in SG:A... and I felt there was more than enough Star Gate Command due to the use of the stones...

I always just think of the Simpson's Spinoff Showcase... "And I'm sure a familiar Simpson will pop up sooner or later..." (Or words to that effect)

Why make a show, set on the other side of the Universe (twice), supposedly isolated from the previous franchise, only to have tie after tie to the old franchise...
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Bit off topic, but, I really didn't appreciate her in SG:A... and I felt there was more than enough Star Gate Command due to the use of the stones...
            What was wrong with Carter in SGA? As for the SGC, I don't believe it was featured in SGU. Due to the radical SGC set alternations to represent Icarus Base, whenever they contacted Earth, it was Homeworld Command at the Pentagon.

Why make a show, set on the other side of the Universe (twice), supposedly isolated from the previous franchise, only to have tie after tie to the old franchise...
            It's called a spinoff show. It's always going to have tie after tie with previous shows to draw in viewers from previous shows. Though set in another galaxy, Atlantis was directly spun off from SG-1, so crossovers were inevitable. SGU stands as more of an independent spin-off, but again... for the sake of drawing in SG-1 and Atlantis viewers, crossovers will inevitably happen.

Honestly, I don't understand why people are surprised at crossover episodes between an original series and it's spinoff or between spinoffs. They're all in the same fictional world, thus you're going to see characters appear on multiple shows. What's the big deal?

Comment

Working...
            X