X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julian Richings for 12th Doctor

Julian Richings for the 13th Doctor!!!

Had to post it sooner or later...

I saw Julian Richings playing Death in Supernatural and immediately just "felt" like I had seen someone who could be an amazing Doctor. I was delighted to discover he was in fact English, living in Canada... and so created the above video...

Nearly 70,000 views later, with 40% audience appreciation, I stand by my idea. I think he would make a very interesting Doctor... a nice change from the modern young'uns, with plenty of screen presence, Richings is just the right guy for the job...

Yes, he perhaps has a passing resemblance to William Hartnell... (? So says many viewers at least)
    Yes, he's old... get over it - a Time Lord does not always regenerate younger...
    and Yes, some people would turn off... nothing new there - Matt Smith did it to me, and Pat Troughton did it to some fans back in 1966... but also the new Doctor attracts new fans too...

Just keep an open mind as you watch...

Last edited by cosmichobo; 03 February 2017, 06:14 PM.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

I like it, I'd like an older darker Doctor.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

While ive never really watched supernatural just going of his picture he has that doctor look, but im not ready to say goodbye to 11 yet, also it doesnt seem to fit with the whole the older he gets the younger he looks vibe theve got going for him
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

No he doesn't do it for me. He's far too like the first Doctor.

Also just judging him from that vid, he is too quiet and still. We would need another dynamic younger person around like Ian Chesterton to do all the running if Julian got the part.

For my part I would like the next Doctor to someone completely different, not just a re-hash of a previous Doctor.

Edit - I agree with you Mr Kennedy. I'm not ready to let go of the Eleventh Doctor yet either.

Edit edit - Also I thought I'd mention I'm not against an older actor being the next Doctor. Just this guy doesn't seem right.
        Last edited by Blencathra; 10 November 2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I'm going to do another video... probably now not til early next year... with some other footage of Julian's... Yes, Death is a rather sedate character, but there's some other great stuff to choose from to show his ability... and even some convention footage I came across that just shows how his whole face can just light up...

In my mind's eye, I see him as a bit of a mix between Hartnell & Pertwee, in as much as, he would possibly even have a cane, but much like Tenth's glasses, it's just for show... as he'll suddenly dash down corridors and use it in a dual...

Interestingly, if Richings got the role in 2013... (yes, my 2012 prediction appears gone) he would be 2 years OLDER than Hartnell was... I guess Hartnell had a harder life...
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          and lots more!

Comment

Another vid might convince me more. I was thinking (again judging by the first vid) he might scare away one of your main target audiences - children.

So I got to pondering who I would like as the Twelfth Doctor (even though I would like Matt Smith go on forever ) and I thought I'd like Gary Oldman. Particularly if he was in Sirius Black mode (as 4thDoc said - a bit older & a bit darker).

Comment

I could also see Alan Davies being good as the Doctor.

sigpic

Comment

Julian Richings would be the perfect choice to play the 13th Doctor, coming full circle so that his final incarnation was in a way, a return to his first. I always liked the idea that a Time Lord's final body and personality would be much like his original.
                sigpic

Comment

I've always been fond of the idea of Sean Pertwee playing The Doctor, myself.

The scene in the clip didn't make him seem particularly doctor-y to me.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Another vid might convince me more. I was thinking (again judging by the first vid) he might scare away one of your main target audiences - children.

So I got to pondering who I would like as the Twelfth Doctor (even though I would like Matt Smith go on forever ) and I thought I'd like Gary Oldman. Particularly if he was in Sirius Black mode (as 4thDoc said - a bit older & a bit darker).

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6117/...d045e7b8_z.jpg
                    That would be brilliant IMO.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2012, 10:33 PM.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I've always been fond of the idea of Sean Pertwee playing The Doctor, myself.
                      Put him in a white wig and he could reprise the third incarnation of the Doctor.

sigpic

Comment

If you make another video I would suggest leaving out the predication of when Matt Smith will be leaving. That's probably what caused the video to have more dislikes than likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                          If you make another video I would suggest leaving out the predication of when Matt Smith will be leaving. That's probably what caused the video to have more dislikes than likes.
                          Yeah, it didnt help me... But also I guess the NewWho demographics aren't helping either... Tho, it's gone from 30% to 40%...
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                            Put him in a white wig and he could reprise the third incarnation of the Doctor.
                            Really? what an amazing coincidence.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

RE Sean Pertwee

I've never seen "it" before... but now he's got some character lines on his face... Yes!
                              Last edited by cosmichobo; 11 November 2011, 02:16 AM.
                              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                              X