The show is on the way from Amazon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The show is on the way from Amazon...

Never watched the show before, but I have heard amazing things about it. Saw the complete series on Amazon for $49.99 and told my parents and they ordered it (birthday coming up).

Looking forward to hopefully becoming a big fan...I suppose I can turn this into a blog and discuss what I feel about it as I watch it. I'll watch the first episode tomorrow sometime.
    sigpic

Okay the show arrived earlier today...Once I figured out how to open the case, I started watching with my girlfriend. Here are my thoughts on "Premier". Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like an odd intro episode to a show...I understand that the Peacekeepers are the antagonists, all right, but unless I missed something, I don't know why.

The people on Moya were kind of difficult to understand at parts, and I have no idea what their names are.

Other than stuff I probably missed, I thought it was okay. It sort of reminded me of Firefly for several reasons, but that could just be me...

Anyway, I'll keep writing as I watch more.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like an odd intro episode to a show...I understand that the Peacekeepers are the antagonists, all right, but unless I missed something, I don't know why.
      The Peackeepers origin and motivations of doing what to do is explained later
      The people on Moya were kind of difficult to understand at parts, and I have no idea what their names are.
      That is because the pilot is written from Cricheton's point of view and his is very confused at this point as he has been slingshot into an unknown area of space for him
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah I figured...I'm just stating that based what I have seen so far. I'm intrigued so far, though. Lol
        sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you're intrigued.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah...I need something new to watch after finishing up SG-1 and SGA...I don't feel like getting involved in SGU or BSG yet...I'm pretty much on a sci-fi binge right now.
            sigpic

Comment

That's a very good place to be! I have some 7 or so episodes and The Peacekeeper Wars left to go of Farscape. You're in for a wild ride.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I just wish I had more time to watch it. I am in the middle of the most difficult semester of college I will likely ever go through besides perhaps grad school...Lol
                sigpic

Comment

So, can anyone give me more info on Moya without giving out any potential spoilers? I'm confused at the fact that it is "living"...

And is there a reason why my complete series has a different order for the episodes than the "aired" order?
                  Last edited by Gen. Chris; 22 October 2011, 07:58 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The region 2 DVDs have the UK airing order, which was slightly different from the US airing order. Neither is better than the other, though, since in the beginning things are rather episodic and it doesn't really matter which order you watch them in, until you get to Nerve. Besides, the show's Australian so we don't really know which version was the intended one...

There's not really much you can say without spoilers, but Moya is a living, sentient being who usually chooses to communicate with the world through The Pilot. How many episodes have you seen now?
                    sigpic

Comment

I've fully watched one disc, which is 4 episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay one of my biggest criticisms of the show so far is that there seems to be a lot of poor acting...At least from my point of view. The woman playing Matala in "Back and Back and Back to the Future" drove me insane...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          Okay one of my biggest criticisms of the show so far is that there seems to be a lot of poor acting...At least from my point of view. The woman playing Matala in "Back and Back and Back to the Future" drove me insane...
                          Hehehe. I think that's intentional. What made me cringe in that episode was the fight scene between Matala and Aeryn.

It gets better.

Oh, and a 'tip': try to keep note of everything happening. I've re-watched it more than 4 times, now, I think, and some of the stuff I notice (and stuff referenced in earlier episodes/seasons) keeps the show 'fresh'.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                            Hehehe. I think that's intentional. What made me cringe in that episode was the fight scene between Matala and Aeryn.

It gets better.

Oh, and a 'tip': try to keep note of everything happening. I've re-watched it more than 4 times, now, I think, and some of the stuff I notice (and stuff referenced in earlier episodes/seasons) keeps the show 'fresh'.

If it was intentional I don't know what to say...Lol
                            sigpic

Comment

I really need to buy the DVD's but at the moment Sanctuary is my priority
                              I watched all the seasons in about two months because it was on every weekday on TV. I came home, got changed and put it on every day... I was hooked! I think you're gonna enjoy it, it's like every show, it gets better after the first few episodes which really just set the scene.
                              I have yet to watch the Peacekeeper wars though, and the last time I watched farscape was like one and a half years ago so I'll need to do a rewatch so I'm refreshed on everything

Hope you enjoy watching!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                              Indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X