This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why vehicles weren't used

Inwas wondering why none of the sgc teams used motor bikes. Or off road vehicles like jeeps. quads bikes. Other military vehicles.
    there were a lot
    Of episodes where they had to trek miles after going through
    The gate. A bike would have been usefull

production costs (for the show)

Comment

licences/skills (maybe the cast couldn't ride them)

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        licences/skills (maybe the cast couldn't ride them)
        Two words: stunt doubles
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Because, unlike Earth, every other planet was only a few tens of square miles around the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanionCube View Post
            Because, unlike Earth, every other planet was only a few tens of square miles around the gate.
            Or justified Dr. McKay moaning about the distance...

Comment

I think vehicles weren't taken through the stargate, because the teams operate on stealth. Riding a motorcycle or driving a jeep would have given the team away instantly. This is one thing that helped Atlantis stand out from the other two shows, Puddle Jumpers!

Comment

Have you seen the SGC hallways... bikes yeah, O'Neill did that once. Motorbikes could fitt, but a jeep would have to be brought in through the roof... that would actually have been not such a bad scene... O'Neill would have had a fieldday with that one.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  I think vehicles weren't taken through the stargate, because the teams operate on stealth. Riding a motorcycle or driving a jeep would have given the team away instantly. This is one thing that helped Atlantis stand out from the other two shows, Puddle Jumpers!
                  I agree here, stealth is very important and was a key factor in many missions during SG1.
                  I think some locations were actually easier to navigate through on foot, rather than using vehicles.

When it comes to production costs I think vehicles could have either been hired or a few could have been bought and maintained for use, some car companies may have been happy to use jeeps in episodes to advertise and gain some publicity through merchandising in episodes.
                  MGM could have taken Jeeps as sponsorship if a deal could have been negotiated after a few seasons.
                  In terms of actually buying a few Jeeps, if you spread the cost of a couple of bikes and 4x4s over a few seasons then it wouldn't actually cost that much per episode for their use.

Comment

Mount a couple staff cannons on a motorbike...
                    sigpic

Comment

Would have loved to of seen a tank go through the gate.

Comment

It wouldn't have fit.

Comment

In many cases the worlds visited were not as technologically advanced and the sight of a motorized vehicle may have broken the prime directive.

Wait, wrong franchise.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                            In many cases the worlds visited were not as technologically advanced and the sight of a motorized vehicle may have broken the prime directive.

Wait, wrong franchise.
                            Haha, startling the natives with the sounds of engines is a good point though.

Comment

They could have used these:

or these:

with some stealth capabilities. lol
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Working...
                              X