No announcement yet.

SGU fan made 3rd season (we need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could see the point that it just wouldn't be the same without the voices of the original cast though.

Comment

here is an update on the destiny model we will be using... still not done yet but its getting there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4L2FunI8c

Comment

k we got a new forum up so come on over

http://sgutafs.com/forum/

Comment

Here's hoping you guys can make something out of this.

Some tips of advice though, if you haven't already though of them of course.

- If you're serious about this amateurs will and can only do so much. Do your utmost best to seek out professionals willing to donate their time to this.

- Get everything squared away legal-wise that could come back and bite you in the butt.

- Twitter! And other social networking sites. I see you already have a FB page, expand outwards and use other SM sites as well. You'll obviously get noticed more this way.

And once last thing. If you're truly serious about this, don't give up on it. See it through to the end or pack your bags now. I know I don't have the stamina, knowledge or skills to even attempt something like this, but I'm hoping you guys do.

Good luck, see it through to the end. More SGU is always good :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sidmo001 View Post
            Here's hoping you guys can make something out of this.

Some tips of advice though, if you haven't already though of them of course.

- If you're serious about this amateurs will and can only do so much. Do your utmost best to seek out professionals willing to donate their time to this.

- Get everything squared away legal-wise that could come back and bite you in the butt.

- Twitter! And other social networking sites. I see you already have a FB page, expand outwards and use other SM sites as well. You'll obviously get noticed more this way.

And once last thing. If you're truly serious about this, don't give up on it. See it through to the end or pack your bags now. I know I don't have the stamina, knowledge or skills to even attempt something like this, but I'm hoping you guys do.

Good luck, see it through to the end. More SGU is always good :-)
            I agree to some of your advices!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony23310 View Post
              The season won't have real actors! It will have animated humans.
              Exactly. Without the original actors, it's just not the same.

Comment

if you guys happen to know anyone who is good at making 3d humans please send them our way because we desperately need them.

Comment

Just want to say I think what you guys are doing is fantastic. Keep the good work. I'll be watching.

Comment

just posting my Ideas here untill the forum comes back up, tried to post in facebook but it said the post couldn't be more than 1000 characters, had a brainstorm while watching the episode "for the greater good" about destinies mission, unfortunately the episode I have in my mind would only work as a series final, I certainly hope you's won't be needing a series final in a long time, I'm just putting it out before I forget.

okay so the foundation of my Idea is that theres a structure or message hiddin in the cosmic background radiation, and that destiny was sent out to study as much of that cosmic background information as possable to piece togeather as much as possable, as rush indicates in the episode " for the greater good" he doesn't outright say all of it but it's indicated I think, but trying to piece to geather the cosmic background radiation is a bit much of a task for just one ship to do, so my theory is that the anctients sent alot more destinies out in different directions in order to collect clues and all that, now heres were it gets complex, my Idea is based on the theory that gravity curved the universe in a way that if you keep flying in one direction you will eventially end up were you left, I think carter explains the concept in an episode of sg1 somewere but I have no Idea what episode, so based on that concept when they get half way there would be a point were all the different destinies meet up, all the seed ships would have met up years ago and went of in other directions to cover ground that hadn't been covered yetso basically they drop out and see a whole bunch of other destinies exchangeing information, some of them could be empty, while others could be occupied by other aliens around the universeto which they could communicate with in anctient as said aliens would most likely have learned that language to controle the ship they inhabit, the blue aliens could show up to attack, some of the other destinies could have attracted enemies, one of the destinies inhabbited by aliens could wan't all the knowledge to themselves and attack, in the end they would end up using the power from one of the other destinies to dial earth, except rush would stay for the scientific knowledge, one of the friendly alien races could have a supply line from there planet and offer rush food and water for help with the research, and of course they would leave the stones behind so rush could keep in contact with earth and some of the other scientists could study the data as well

Comment

keep it up guys you can do it

Comment

Depending on how things are going...I've been a web designer for years and have multiple unlimited web hosting accounts around. Domains aren't a big deal, can get them cheap.

Not saying it should be me, but I strongly recommend getting a serious, real website put up to be taken seriously. What that free stuff does to anyone who knows what it is, is make them think you're amateur and won't be taken seriously. Harsh I know, but first impressions are everything.

Where are you on the legal status? I read through this thread briefly but didn't see much about the legalities regarding the project. Has anyone had any solid contact with anybody from MGM's legal department?

Also, people have been telling me I should get into voice acting so......later on down the line if the project gets the go ahead and you're still looking for that I'd be interested in trying!

Also just to add, be aware that it isn't legal to make any profit off of this project unless given consent from the content holders. That includes everything from website ads to any kind of swag related to the project using any of MGM's copyrights. (logos, names, etc.)

On top of everything else...marketing is going to be the toughest thing. Getting your name or your project out there is not easy. The internet is supposed to be this wondrous "anyone can do it" thing where you can get thousands of people to look at everything you have to show them. That's not the case. As much as it sucks to say, the internet is no different. You need to spend a lot of money and time and effort getting it out there. Like everything else in the world, it's a money game unfortunately.

Also again, I know a guy that works professionally for the mediums of TV, movies and video games with 3D modeling. Very talented guy. I don't want to volunteer his time, especially since he has been extremely busy with work the past months, but I'll put a bug in his ear if you still need it.

But getting out of my very negative post....have to say I'm absolutely LOVING the idea! Given the right things falling into place from the higher ups, I'd bet you that some of the secondary characters would lend their voices. I could see Peter Kelamis and Patrick Gilmore as two of those people. They're just as big of fans of the stuff as we are aren't they? I hope it pans out in your favor.
                        Last edited by Brian; 29 November 2011, 03:43 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by dacooker
                        The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Don't put Eli in the show, some main character has got to die. Except in Enterprise.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Maybe im putting in a bit of a stretch here but have you thought of trying to contact as many of the original cast as you can maybe a few even if its just 1 or 2, could do the voice of there character im sure some actors would help if you do a good enough job, really mgm should have done this in my opinion

EDIT: why not get people to try get this done while trying to contact mgm

also has anyone bothered calling up the podcast to mention this
                            Last edited by tomaso88; 20 December 2011, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X