The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered but how did the Tesselecta give off regeneration energy when it was shot?
    The Tesselecta can turn its legs into a motorcycle...and you are asking about what is essentially a lightshow??

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      The Tesselecta can turn its legs into a motorcycle...and you are asking about what is essentially a lightshow??
      I think the regeneration energy can be easily imitated as you said. However, what I found more difficult to imitate was the Doctor's speech patterns and his hyperactive mannerisms. I initially didn't consider the Tesselecta to be a viable way for the Doctor to escape his fate at Lake Silencio. When "Let's Kill Hitler" first aired, we saw how stiff the Tesselecta seemed to be, especially when imitating that Nazi officer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        I think the regeneration energy can be easily imitated as you said. However, what I found more difficult to imitate was the Doctor's speech patterns and his hyperactive mannerisms. I initially didn't consider the Tesselecta to be a viable way for the Doctor to escape his fate at Lake Silencio. When "Let's Kill Hitler" first aired, we saw how stiff the Tesselecta seemed to be, especially when imitating that Nazi officer.
        Well with the Doctor piloting it, the Tesselecta was bound to be running a lot more smoothly when the person that it is imitating is controlling it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Well with the Doctor piloting it, the Tesselecta was bound to be running a lot more smoothly when the person that it is imitating is controlling it.
          Can you imagine what it must have been like for the poor Captain?

"No! More running, and I don't talk like that. You're far too stiff, loosen up a bit, come on. You know what, move out the way, I'm driving!"
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
            Can you imagine what it must have been like for the poor Captain?

"No! More running, and I don't talk like that. You're far too stiff, loosen up a bit, come on. You know what, move out the way, I'm driving!"
            If it were me I'd probably be thinking "Bloody back seat drivers!"

Comment

consider the subject!!

DR!!! vs Nazi!!!

fluid vs stiffness

obvious result!!

just thinking .... "out back getting my good straw! ... more fizz" .... wouldn't that have come from the mini Dr. directing the captain???

tick tock goes the clock .... river .... prison ...

hoping we will get an ep that addresses River's incarceration! i am sure she would make it most amusing!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

When the Doctor whispered to River to look into his eye, he was definitely not piloting the Tesselecta as he was in one of its eyes. The rest of the time, however, he was likely controlling it, especially the picnic at Lake Silencio.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                  consider the subject!!

DR!!! vs Nazi!!!

fluid vs stiffness

obvious result!!

just thinking .... "outback getting my good straw! ... more fizz" .... wouldn't that have come from the mini Dr. directing the captain???

tick tock goes the clock .... river .... prison ...

hoping we will get an ep that addresses River's incarceration! i am sure she would make it most amusing!!

teehee!!
                  That line about getting the straw was definitely not from the Tesselecta. At that point in "The Impossible Astronaut" the 1103-year-old Doctor (the Tesselecta) had already "died" at Lake Silencio. River, Amy, and Rory had encountered the 909-year-old Doctor at the diner and that's who they were talking to when he mentioned the line about the line with the straw.
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 02 October 2011, 05:25 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Doctor does lie, he tells Amy on the train that he has never had an office. The fibber, he did have an office on Gallifrey in "The Invasion of Time"
                    sigpic
                    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                      The Doctor does lie, he tells Amy on the train that he has never had an office. The fibber, he did have an office on Gallifrey in "The Invasion of Time"
                      I think he forgot actually. He lost his memory at the end of that story.

Comment

That's right.....I forgot. 4thDoctoriO.gif
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                          Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          The wedding was....weird. Not that I'm opposed to Doctor/River, but the Doctor suddenly marrying River as a way to get her to do what he wanted..... It just came off as odd. Here, I can't get you to listen to me, so let's get married.
                          She won't do what he asks because she loves him so much. Which is slightly odd. But, because he's prepared to reciprocate the feeling by getting married, or possibly because for her "and obey" is still implicit in the vows, she does follow his request once they're spliced. Which, probably, doesn't still count because it was in an alternate time-line. But, like Amy's murder, did still happen to those who remember it.
                          Obviously I forgot the most important bit: she changed her mind because he whispered in her ear words to the effect of, "you're not going to be killing me, it's all a big trick"

Comment

That line about getting the straw was definitely not from the Tesselecta. At that point in "The Impossible Astronaut" the 1103-year-old Doctor (the Tesselecta) had already "died" at Lake Silencio. River, Amy, and Rory had encountered the 909-year-old Doctor at the diner and that's who they were talking to when he mentioned the line about the line with the straw.
                            This is where it all gets complicated for me. Two big questions, I suppose. Was he ever 1103 in this series, or was that just Rule #1 to fool them? Bringing us back to the obvious question, what is the Doctor's timeline through this season? Was the version inside the Tesselecta an older or younger version (and from where) than the one with the special straw?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              This is where it all gets complicated for me. Two big questions, I suppose. Was he ever 1103 in this series, or was that just Rule #1 to fool them? Bringing us back to the obvious question, what is the Doctor's timeline through this season? Was the version inside the Tesselecta an older or younger version (and from where) than the one with the special straw?
                              The Doctor inside the Tesselecta had to have been an older version than the one with the special straw. It's been stated in a press release that "Closing Time" takes place about 200 subjective years after "The God Complex" in the Doctor's timeline so he wasn't lying when he said his age was 1103. By the time he received his stetson from Craig and hatched the plan with the Tesselecta captain, he had been on his Farewell Tour (aka running away from his destiny) for quite some time. It was only when he made that fateful attempt to contact the Brigadier that he decided to finally stop running and said, "It's time."
                              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 03 October 2011, 01:30 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                                That's right.....I forgot. [ATTACH=CONFIG]32214[/ATTACH]
                                How ironic. You haven't been near any D-Mat guns lately, have you?

Comment

Working...
                                X