The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clearing that up Sealurk.

Other thing, all of the Doctor's enemies tried to kill him and destroy the universe so what makes the Silence think they have a hope in hell of succeeding!
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post

Other thing, all of the Doctor's enemies tried to kill him and destroy the universe so what makes the Silence think they have a hope in hell of succeeding!
      They don't know until they try.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I loved Moffatt's "forced Dalek quota" for the BBC: Ok you want a Dalek, here's a Dalek, now moving on.

It was a great episode and totally unexpected. I've given up trying to guess what Moffatt is going to do, cause you never get it right lol.

The whole brief description of Amy and Rory's relationship in an alternate universe was fantastic.

I can't put into words how I'm feeling about the episode, best Dr Who finale of the new series (2005 onwards) possibly of the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post

Most of the times his other enemies go out of their way to avoid the Doctor. They only face him when he shows up to take them on, and while they'll do their best to defeat him, they do tend to fail alot. I mean it took all of the Doctor's enemies working together to decide to take him on and trap him.
          The Silence however give the impesssion of working more out of desperation than anything else. For what purpose, we don't know yet but I see them as having a plan that can only work with The Doctor out of the way. They don't really want to take him on, but they have to because he's in the way of something else.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Most of the times his other enemies go out of their way to avoid the Doctor. They only face him when he shows up to take them on, and while they'll do their best to defeat him, they do tend to fail alot. I mean it took all of the Doctor's enemies working together to decide to take him on and trap him.
            The Silence however give the impesssion of working more out of desperation than anything else. For what purpose, we don't know yet but I see them as having a plan that can only work with The Doctor out of the way. They don't really want to take him on, but they have to because he's in the way of something else.
            Indeed. That's how it works. Bad guys have plans...the Doctor turns up...messes things up and defeats them. Its this legend the Doctor's accidentally built up for himself by all these appearances across space and time that's resulted in a pre-emptive strike back against the Doctor by the Silence.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Also, they had the advantage of the Doctor not being able to remember them, but thats now kinda gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                As suggested/predicted in other threads, we saw this scene from different viewpoints/editing. For the wine, in "Impossible Astronaut" the opening titles end and the action begins with them toasting using the word "Salut!". So they've already done the Napoleon line, off-screen. This time we see the whole sentence. With the "I know it's you", this time we see the alternate action "Hello sweetie" which, oddly enough, we didn't see last time....
                Amy did mention she had two sets of memories of how it went down at the lake!

Loved when the tough River (who is so brilliant) is fighting her powerlessness (the suit is in control). Her unloading the weapon - then her emotion when she has to give in. I can see the Doctor going REALLY SWEETIE just this one time can you let me be right!!! ok so, take two! Later when she says her anguish for killing him would be greater than the pain of all of the universe. *hugs her again and again*

I loved how Amy/Rory's love for each other transcends timelines. When she comes back with the machine gun!!! *jumps to feet -- GO GIRL*

it is taking a while to digest and will take several watches to catch it all ... yet, it says something for a show when each time you watch it it gets better. that you can do as you said Fuzzy and go back and watch an old ep and get even more pleasure from it from the joy of the newer eps. it was what made me a SG1 fan.

Great Stuff!!

off to watch for a third time --- with my bud -- poor lad missed it last night!!

*bites tongue*

teehee!!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Having watched TWoRS again, I definitely love the Chamber of Skulls and the macabre, predatory nature of the skulls themselves (and the line about why there aren't any rats made me chuckle). Dorium is pretty good fun as well and I can't help agreeing with his philosophy - as long as there's WiFi, life's grand.

I actually loved Amy being totally badass in this episode, surprising given my recent attitude towards the character (and of course Rory. His badass quotient just keeps climbing, but it never gets old). Assuming they're not coming back, at least not as regulars, I think Amy and Rory got a good send off and a decent ending.

The Doctor echoing River's final words to him at the lakeside was wonderfully sad, and him talking about Rose and Jack, inventing a new colour, saving the dodo or becoming a Beatle was brilliant. But the Brigadier...beautifully handled, Who team, really nicely, tastefully, sadly done. Kudos.

Also, I only just realised that Gantok, the weird Viking style humanoid that the Doctor plays live chess against (love that concept - chess as a death sport!) and who suffers the bizarre and horrific fate of being eaten by skulls was played by Mark Gatiss. Talk about slow on the uptake...

I love the huge shift in the dynamic of the series, that the Doctor is believed dead and cannot simply rely on his name, his legend, his influence to solve problems. This should make things very interesting.

But most of all...I love that the series title, a title that somebody came up with five decades ago now has a whole new level of depth and importance. Genius.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Correction:

The Silence aren't trying to destroy the universe. They're actually trying to save it. Hence them killing the Doctor at Lake Silencio, so the question cannot be asked, so that so that Silence cannot fall.

Equate it to a religious sect trying to stop Armageddon

Comment

Reasonable but I was hoping for a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        Having watched TWoRS again, I definitely love the Chamber of Skulls and the macabre, predatory nature of the skulls themselves (and the line about why there aren't any rats made me chuckle). Dorium is pretty good fun as well and I can't help agreeing with his philosophy - as long as there's WiFi, life's grand.

I actually loved Amy being totally badass in this episode, surprising given my recent attitude towards the character (and of course Rory. His badass quotient just keeps climbing, but it never gets old). Assuming they're not coming back, at least not as regulars, I think Amy and Rory got a good send off and a decent ending.

The Doctor echoing River's final words to him at the lakeside was wonderfully sad, and him talking about Rose and Jack, inventing a new colour, saving the dodo or becoming a Beatle was brilliant. But the Brigadier...beautifully handled, Who team, really nicely, tastefully, sadly done. Kudos.

Also, I only just realised that Gantok, the weird Viking style humanoid that the Doctor plays live chess against (love that concept - chess as a death sport!) and who suffers the bizarre and horrific fate of being eaten by skulls was played by Mark Gatiss. Talk about slow on the uptake...

I love the huge shift in the dynamic of the series, that the Doctor is believed dead and cannot simply rely on his name, his legend, his influence to solve problems. This should make things very interesting.

But most of all...I love that the series title, a title that somebody came up with five decades ago now has a whole new level of depth and importance. Genius.
                        Indeed. The Doctor has always hinted at being more than just another Time Lord and his true history and identity has always been a secret...but to know that the Doctor's real name has been kept hidden for a reason and that it has been done so because it too has a secret behind it only ups the secrecy level to an all new high.

"Doctor who?"

Comment

How will the Doctor introduce himself then if he wants everyone to think hes dead?
                          Cant just walk in and go Hi! Im the Doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            How will the Doctor introduce himself then if he wants everyone to think hes dead?
                            Cant just walk in and go Hi! Im the Doctor!
                            John Smith. As always.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              John Smith. As always.
                              Yep.

Comment

Not sure if this has been answered but how did the Tesselecta give off regeneration energy when it was shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X