• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    THE WEDDING OF RIVER SONG
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3213 (613)
    With time fractured and at a stand-still, the Doctor recounts his journey to Lake Silencio and his inevitable death on the order of the Silence. Meanwhile, his friends continue to search for a way to save his life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 October 2011, 12:34 PM.

OMFG That was friggin awesome!!!!
    I honestly thought it was him all along!!
    Did not see the Tesslecter coming!
    Madam Kovarian finally got what was coming to her!!!
    Thought the question would be Doctor Who?
    So, the Silence are still out there... thats what wasnt answered, and also the question.
    So many good lines in this too, but now we have to wait till Christmas and 2012 for answers =(

So, so sum up from previous episodes, the Silence blew up the Tardis so the question couldnt be answered, but that failed so they turned to another plan. Now everyone thinks the Doctors dead, when hes not, so he now isnt that big hero that everyone sees...

Amy and Rory wont be companions now, but they will definately be returning...
    Hope to see more of River!

This series has got a massive 10/10 from me!
    Great story arc and grate conclusion to a brilliant series!
    I dont have to admit now that River killed the Doctor!
    I knew she didnt kill him! Can i have some apologies please? =P

Comment

Awesome!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Awesome, so much for the people thinking a ganger would be the one to die.

Comment

Omg!!!!

Comment

So the 11th Doctors end has been fortold.........
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Moffatt, you are a genius.

Comment

Loved that ep but was the actual question 'doctor who?' or is it something else?

Comment

shouldnt the question have been doctor whom, what would jack think

Comment

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!! Clever, clever, clever!!!!

Loved it!!!! Will say more precise things later!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ok, proper comment coming later ( I have Merlin to watch...), but...

For me, the greatest, most touching, most terrible, and most wonderful moment of this episode was the Doctor's attempted phone call to Brigadier Sir Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. I will freely admit, tears streamed down my cheeks at this moment. The Doctor is about to die, so he calls his oldest and longest friend... only he was too late. There has been, imo, no more terrible moment in the whole of Doctor Who, and I wept.

From an out of Whoniverse PoV - it was such a wonderful scene to have included in tribute to a great actor, and the greatest character that Doctor Who has ever known. Moffat, my respect and admiration for drawing the Brigadier's story to a close in such a beautiful way given the time constraints.

To Nicholas Courtey, aka The Brigadier. *salutes*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

OMFG... I cried, I laughed, I squeed, I gasped, I screamed...

The Brigadier... OMG, I had tears streaming down my face.

There are no words for how much this episode rocked. My world is shaken beyong belief and I have never been happier.

Father, I think mother needs another drink.

River, I love you so very, very much.

Amy... Ma'am...

Rory... Captain Williams...

He's not here.
                        Goodbye Kavorian!

My head's spinning! LOL!
                        sigpic

Comment

My brain is currently overloaded. I'll have to watch it at least twice more to get things straight and start finding flaws, but right now...loved it. Brilliant, and boy has that set up some incredible future stuff.

So the Doctor is always one step ahead of everybody, always has an answer, a solution, a way out and a trick up his sleeve...kind of like Moffat really. I mean, c'mon, who else now thinks he's had the Eleventh Doctor's demise figured out since before The Eleventh Hour?!

Rule #1: Like the Doctor, the Moff lies.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                            Loved that ep but was the actual question 'doctor who?' or is it something else?
                            I wouldn't be surprised if it was the question, perhaps involving what his real name is, but it would be completely stupid because I would have expected others on his own planet to know it even if they call him by title.

==

I loved the look on Amy's face when she realised that she's The Doctor's mother in law, absolutely priceless. Was great to see that Amy got revenge on baby Melody being taken by Kovarian. Also liked the line about Rose and Jack (especially Jack, so perhaps we could see a wedding at some point) and it was great to see The Doctor and River mirror each others lines from the Library and I did enjoy what seemed to be season 4 music from that episode being reused.

I still have issues with it. Was predictable it wouldn't be him on the beach when the Teselecta made an appearance (I did hope for his flesh double), the wedding to River was sadly forced (as it was the only way for her to let him touch her, with the kiss) and it was also conveniently placed so she's been married to him for almost all appearances. I'm not even too sure how they were able to remember what happened but the same thing did happen at the end of season 5 so no surprise. I knew that River wouldn't recall anything after killing The Doctor, but now it seems like she's always known, so now it seems as if there is a new timeline in motion.

It was a sad and touching moment when he tried to call the Brigadier. It did make me think about Sarah Jane and if they'll work the unfortunate passing of Sladen into Who at some point.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know what to think.

I need to watch it again asap and Confidential (blast you BBC for cancelling it).

Comment

Working...
                              X