Closing Time (3212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
    Canz I have a toy cybermat please? Without the scary teeth if you don't mind.

I found this episode hilarious and it was a good romp. I think Craig is exactly what the Doctor needs sometimes; a grounding force who's very much an extrodinarily ordinary person Pretty much any line from Alifie/Stormageddon had me giggling as well

The ending, oh my!
    Spoiler:
    I noticed that the Silence were refereed to as River's "Owners". Its starting to look like a long term revenge plan against the Doctor for what he did to he Silence.

Also, I require teh use of a time machine. I need to skip ahead to next week to watch the next episode
    She did kill a lot of them too...

Spoiler:
    The prequel also puts some questions on whos sides the Silence are on.
    Why would they be kept in tanks in Area 52?

Comment

I loved it, the nod to Troughton was a nice touch and the speech the Doctor gave on Craig's couch about his time running out brought a lump to the throat.
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        She did kill a lot of them too...

Spoiler:
        The prequel also puts some questions on whos sides the Silence are on.
        Why would they be kept in tanks in Area 52?
        Why are you still calling them The Silence? That's the name of the whole religious order, not that species.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
          Why are you still calling them The Silence? That's the name of the whole religious order, not that species.
          Do you have another name for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Yeah, and + they themselves said they are The Silence in The Day of the Moon, no other name has been given for them...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-wedding...pics-26466.htm
            Some pictures from next weeks finale

Also, just realised, Moffat seems to like the childrens rhymes...
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 September 2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Terrific episode. Can't bloody wait for next week

Also, in case anyone didn't catch it--as of this episode the Doctor has been travelling alone for about 200 years since the end of the previous episode. Remember, in The Impossible Astronaut he said he was 1103 while the younger version was only 906. I imagine that big gap will be filled with a whole lot of novels and such.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

what was the baby's first word? i missed it
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

"Doctor"

4docwhosmiley.gif
                  Last edited by 4thDoctor; 24 September 2011, 06:18 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

terrible ep no need for greg or the baby. and a good waste of cybermen.

next weeks looking to be awesoms
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      the quiet?
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Terrific episode. Can't bloody wait for next week

Also, in case anyone didn't catch it--as of this episode the Doctor has been travelling alone for about 200 years since the end of the previous episode. Remember, in The Impossible Astronaut he said he was 1103 while the younger version was only 906. I imagine that big gap will be filled with a whole lot of novels and such.
                        I just finished watching it literally just right now. I also loved it.

Craig was one of my favorite guest characters from the previous season and was one of my favorites again this season. I personally thought that one of the best things about him and the 11th Doctor last season was how typically 21st Century human Craig was while the Doctor was so humorously out of place in that world... and yet he is someone able to endear himself to people.

I think someone should invent a mouse shaped like a Cybermat.

As for the epilogue looping back to The Impossible Astronaut... I'm now wondering whether the Doctor even developed a plan to save himself in his nearly 200 years of travels The God Complex. I'm thinking that he didn't at this point and was simply saying goodbye to places and people that he's visited over the centuries. I genuinely think he's resigned himself to his death. I'm also thinking that somehow it won't be the Doctor getting himself out of this mess, that likely River will decide to do something more drastic than murdering the Doctor: Rewrite what's supposed to be a fixed point in time and perhaps threaten reality itself in the process.

The only way out of this one I could see for the Doctor is him sending a flesh clone out to die for him. But I don't think the Doctor operates in that fashion.
                        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 24 September 2011, 09:47 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

wow. Now, we know who kills the Doctor.
                          And that nursery song is still creepy.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't think River can weasel her way out of the situation she is doomed to repeat

Preparations at the end (the hat) lead up to next week's eppy, or the events in "the Impossible Astronaut".

and then, another six months to wait for another eppy??
                          there is supposed to be a Christmas one, too, so that'll throw off the entire straight timeline viewing, unless all things get resolved happily before the ending of next week's eppy.

Comment

So, having re-watched, here are some thoughts:

+ there's been a real debate in other threads about whether it was or wasn't River who "kills" the Doctor. Notwithstanding some timey-wimeyness, it looks like it will be. BUT, in "The Impossible Astronaut" we see the Doctor talk to the astronaut for a while... perhaps persuading her that she in fact she should kill him (because there's something else going on!), not (failing to) dissuade.

+ since Amy and Rory were apparently similar to how they were left, and Craig/Sophie are only a year or so down the line from "The Lodger", why is the Doctor saying he dies "tomorrow" when it needs to be 200 years time? Perhaps Rule #1 applies regarding his stated age in "The Impossible Astronaut"?

+ we assume that Amy has had enough time to get a modelling job for "Petrichor"... the smell of rain on dry Earth. Curious choice for a perfume... or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              So, having re-watched, here are some thoughts:

+ there's been a real debate in other threads about whether it was or wasn't River who "kills" the Doctor. Notwithstanding some timey-wimeyness, it looks like it will be. BUT, in "The Impossible Astronaut" we see the Doctor talk to the astronaut for a while... perhaps persuading her that she in fact she should kill him (because there's something else going on!), not (failing to) dissuade.

+ since Amy and Rory were apparently similar to how they were left, and Craig/Sophie are only a year or so down the line from "The Lodger", why is the Doctor saying he dies "tomorrow" when it needs to be 200 years time? Perhaps Rule #1 applies regarding his stated age in "The Impossible Astronaut"?

+ we assume that Amy has had enough time to get a modelling job for "Petrichor"... the smell of rain on dry Earth. Curious choice for a perfume... or not?
                              If the Doctor isn't lying about his age being 1103 in The Impossible Astronaut, that means that though roughly 1 year of time may have passed for Craig & Sophie as well as Amy & Rory, almost 200 years of subjective time has passed for the Doctor. He's been traveling around for 200 years for him, but since he's a time traveler, the rest of history wouldn't readily notice. However, I think the Silence and their followers may have known how long he's been traveling alone.
                              sigpic

Comment

GAH! Young people! I've been watching a few fan reviews of "Closing Time" and I am amazed at how many young fans think that the Cybermats were called "cyber rats" and that they are brand new characters. No sense of Who history.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X