X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Episode (Season Two)
    "The Fifth Race"

Best Jack Moment - "Secrets"
    Jack's reaction to the reporter's death. It was like the loss of innocence, odd coming from Jack who has experienced so many unpleasant things in his life, and his pre-stargate career.

Best Daniel Moment - "Secrets"
    Daniel's reactions to, and interaction with, Sha're. Jealousy, hurt, and eventually working back to love.

Best Sam Moment - "Secrets"
    Sam's interactions with her father. Keeping her actual assignment from him, dealing with his pressuring Sam to join NASA, and with learning that he has cancer.

Best Teal'c Moment - "Message in a Bottle"
    How Teal'c refuses to leave O'Neill's side, and is so distressed by O'Neill's situation.

Best Hammond Moment - "The Serpent's Lair"
    When General Hammond reamed out Samuels when Samuels wanted to slink off to the Alpha site, and how Hammond stated that he would also remain at the SGC to fight the Goa'uld.

Best Team Moment - "Family"
    I think the test of a teams integrity is how they function when everyone is not in agreement. Teal'c is blinded by Dray'auc's situation, and blind to Ry'ac's condition, when the rest of SG-1 is not. Still, the team sticks together, and supports Teal'c, despite their misgivings. That's a solid team.

Best Alien Race - "The Tok'ra, Part 2"
    The Tok'ra. They may not be Goa'uld, but they definitely have some Goa'uld-like arrogance. I think they are an interesting ally because unlike Earth's other allies, they aren't particularly warm towards the Tau'ri.

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode) - "Prisoners"
    Bonnie Bartlett as Linea. Linea is so friggin' scary.
    Last edited by Naomi; 05 September 2011, 05:35 AM. Reason: To complete my thoughts
    My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Two)

Best Jack Moment
      - Jack meeting the Asgard for the first time. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment
      - Watching his parents die repeatedly (The Gamekeeper)

Best Sam Moment
      -Pleading to Jack as Jolinar/Sam for him to believe her. (In the Line of Duty)

Best Teal'c Moment
      -Shoots Daniel with a water gun (Bane)

Best Hammond Moment
      -Greeting the team when they come back from the past and describing how he's bebeen waiting for that moment ever since they met. (1969)

Best Team Moment
      -Campfire scene in 1969. (1969)

Best Alien Race
      -Asgard

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
      -Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (Tok'ra Part 2)
      Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Two): The Fifth Race

Best Jack Moment: Meeting the Asgard "You have already taken the first steps to becoming, the fifth race." (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment: When Daniel tells Jack to go on without him. (The Serpent's Lair)

Best Sam Moment: Working tirelessly to free Jack. (Message In A Bottle)

Best Teal'c Moment: Casually shooting the rocket with the zat gun just before the burn. (1969)

Best Hammond Moment: "Oh by the way colonel, with interest, you owe me five-hundred thirty nine dollars and fifty cents."

Best Team Moment: 1969.

Best Alien Race: The Asgard

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Rodney A. Grant, Tonané (Spirits)

Honorable Mention Quotes:

Jack Oneill – “Now is the time to say something profound… (insert pause) Nothing comes to mind” – (The Serpent’s Lair)

Bra’tac – "These shut-tles, are a formable craft.." (The Serpent's Lair)

Bra'tac – "Do you any more of this 4C.." (The Serpent's Lair)

Teal’c “I have brought you a new weapon, one with increased range and fire power” (Bane)

Jack O’Neill “theres blood, death, hard feelings, I’d suck” Speaking to the Tok'ra in (Tok'ra pt. 1)

Teal’c “Shal Nak” Daniel “Direct translation, very cool” talking about the self-building tunnels. (Tok'ra pt. 2)

Jack Oneill “Doohickey, I believe that’s the technical term” speaking to Hammond referring to the touchstone. (Touchstone)

Teal’c “In my culture I would be well within my rights to dismember you” (Insert awkward pause) speaking to Colonel Maybourne (Touchstone)

Comment

Best Jack moment: meeting the Asgard in The Fifth Race

Best Daniel moment: looking for the Hall of Thor's Might in Thor's Chariot

Best Sam moment: solving the black hole problem in A Matter of Time

Best Teal'c moment: his meeting with Apophis in Serpent's Song

Best Hammond moment: going through the gate to rescue SG-1 in Prisoners

Best team moment: trying to save Jack in Message in a Bottle

Best alien race: the Asgard, who else?

Best guest star: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in The Tok'ra part 2

Comment

Best Jack Moment: When Jack meets the Asgard in The Fifth Race
            Best Daniel Moment: Daniel in the whole episode Need
            Best Sam Moment: When Sam/Jolinar were locked up in the cell in In the Line of Duty
            Best Teal'c Moment: Returning to free his brainwashed son in Family
            Best Hammond Moment: When Hammond steps through the gate to free SG-1 in Prisoners
            Best Team Moment: The whole episode of 1969
            Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in The Tok'ra Part 2
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Best Episode (Season Two) : Because 1969 is a very entertaining package
              Best Jack Moment : Communicating with Daniel in Fifth Race
              Best Daniel Moment : Suffering withdrawl in Need
              Best Sam Moment : Switching between self and Jolinar in In the Line of Duty
              Best Teal'c Moment : Standing beside Jack in Message in a Bottle
              Best Hammond Moment : Sending, waiting on and being relieved by the return of the team in 1969
              Best Team Moment : Serpant's Lair
              Best Alien Race : Re'Tu
              Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode); Jeff Gulka, Charlie in Show and Tell
              Best Surprise Return Guest: Pregnant Sha're, Secrets
              Best Quote: Fifth Race Dr. Jackson: Uh, w-well, my translation's a little bit vague, um, I think the circle means 'the place of our legacy'…or it could be 'a piece of our leg', but the first seems to make more sense.
              Best Jack and Daniel Moment: One False Step (thanx Stargate Wiki)
              O'NEILL
              Listen. I, uh…
              DANIEL
              No, no. Um…Sorry. You were going to say?
              O'NEILL
              No, it's just that, uh…Well…You know.
              DANIEL
              No, I know. I know. You know that I…
              O'NEILL
              I know. It's obvious there's something…
              DANIEL
              …wrong with us.
              DANIEL/O'NEILL
              (together)
              Physically.
              [Frasier walks in cheerily.]
              FRAISER
              Well, there's nothing wrong with you.
              DANIEL
              What?
              FRAISER
              I've run every test, short of exploratory brain surgery, and you are both in perfect health.
              O'NEILL
              (Pondering, then…)
              Huh.

Comment

Best Jack Moment: meeting the Asgard in The Fifth Race
                Best Daniel Moment: Suffering withdrawl in Need
                Best Sam Moment: talking to Jack when Sam/Jolinar were locked up in the cell in In the Line of Duty
                Best Teal'c Moment: Standing beside Jack in Message in a Bottle
                Best Hammond Moment: When Hammond steps through the gate to free SG-1 in Prisoners
                Best Team Moment: The whole episode of 1969
                Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in The Tok'ra Part 2

Comment

A suggestion for the season three nominations thread: keep the "Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)" category and add a "Best Guest Star (recurring character)" category. Tony Amendola (Bra'tac), Teryl Rothery (Dr. Frasier), and Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmak), for example, are guest stars whose characters are recurring, and big time fan favorites. Without having a separate recurring guest star category, I think the majority of votes will always go to guest stars portraying recurring characters, shutting out all other guest stars who only appear once or twice in the series.
                  My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Best Episode: The Fifth Race

Best Jack Moment:
                    Meeting the Asgard. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment: Secrets - finding Sha're and the harcesis child.

Best Sam Moment:
                    The scene where Sam/Jolinar talks to Jack. (In the Line of Duty)

Best Teal'c Moment:
                    Calmly zatting the underside of the rocket. (1969)

Best Hammond Moment:When he pleads for the return of SG-1 from the prison world Hadante. (Prisoners)

Best Team Moment: The whole of the episode 1969. (1969)

Best Guest Star (on one specific episode):
                    Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (The Tok'ra, part 2)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                      A suggestion for the season three nominations thread: keep the "Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)" category and add a "Best Guest Star (recurring character)" category. Tony Amendola (Bra'tac), Teryl Rothery (Dr. Frasier), and Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmak), for example, are guest stars whose characters are recurring, and big time fan favorites. Without having a separate recurring guest star category, I think the majority of votes will always go to guest stars portraying recurring characters, shutting out all other guest stars who only appear once or twice in the series.
                      I SO second this. Naomi is right, one look at the last month's nominations and winners and this month's nominations proves that only Teryl, Tony and Carmen stand a chance, and this is a bit unfair towards one-time guests. Also, the recurring category will make even more sense given that the number of recurring characters will increase in later seasons, with Maybourne, Maj Davies, Simmons, Martouf, Col Chekov, Kinsey etc.

Anyway, my nominations:

Best Episode

I feel I need to go with Secrets as this is my most watched episode of the season and it contains everything that is great in Stargate: lots of character development, introducing a new beloved character, off-world action, Earth-bound action, Apophis and Sha're's return, continuation of several major archs...and Jack and Sam in dress blues.

Honourable mentions must go to: The Serpent's Lair, A Matter of Time, Sepent's Song and of course 1969.

Best Jack Moment

Jack's argument with Cromwell about having been left behind (A Matter of Time)

Best Daniel Moment

Doing last rites for Apophis' host, so that he can die in peace (Serpent's Song)

Best Sam Moment

Sam taking command of SG-1 for the very first time (Spirits)

Best Teal'c Moment

Teal'c refusing to leave Jack's side, stating that "Undomesticated equines could not remove him" (Message in a bottle)

Best Hammond Moment

Discussing Jacob with Sam, trying to comfort her (The Tok'ra, part 1)

Best Team Moment

SG-1 members volunteering, one by one, to help people on Cimmeria (Thor's Chariot)

Best Alien Race

The organisms from the globe (Message in a bottle)

Best Guest Star

Tom McBeath as Harry Maybourne (Bane)
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I voted for The Fifth Race, 1969, and A Matter of Time. In the Stargate franchise, the stargate itself is my favorite character, and the humans give life to the stargate. These three episodes show the good and not-so-good instances of the use of the stargate and the problem solving that occured to correct mistakes.

Comment

My favourite episodes: The Fifth Race and 1969
                          My favourite Jack moment: In The Fifth Race, when he meeting with the Asgards
                          My favourite Daniel moment: In The Gamekeeper, when he watching his parents death again and again.
                          My favourite Sam moment: In Spirits, when she say to T’akaya „My, what big eyes you have.” That is very funny.
                          My favourite Teal'c moment: In Holiday, when he want to shave O’Neill’s head.
                          My favourite Hammond moment: In 1969, when he say to Jack „you owe me 539 dollars and 50 cents”
                          My favourite Team moment: 1969 – the whole episode
                          My favourite Alien race: The Asgard
                          My favourite Guest Star: Marshall Teague as Colonel Frank Cromwell in A Matter Of Time

Comment

Best Episode: 5th Race. Such an important episode, filling in the gaps from S1 and opening the door for so many important things to come throughout the series.
                            Best Jack Moment: Being there for Daniel during the withdrawal in Need. Even after being angry with Daniel in the episode, he was there as a friend when he was needed.
                            Best Daniel Moment: watching their back in the Serpent's Lair
                            Best Sam Moment: Solving the problem in "A Matter of Time" once again saving the world by preventing earth getting sucked up by a black hole!
                            Best Teal'c Moment: Hard to choose between standing by Daniel in Secrets and standing by Jack in "Message in a Bottle." "Message in a Bottle" wins by a slim margin! Teal'c is just plain awesomeness.
                            Best Hammond Moment: Interactions with Sam and Jacob in "Tok'ra" 1 and 2
                            Best Team Moment: Love 1969 of course, but I like the team effort of Thor's Chariot. How they all stand up for the Cimmarian's and take responsibility for what happened there. Then, I love the way they work together, using their own unique talents to help the people.
                            Best Alien Race: . Lots of amazing aliens this season, but gotta stick with good old Thor's race!
                            Best Guest Star: Tom McBeath as Maybourne ("Bane") Oy, this was soooo hard cuz I LOVE Carmen Argenziano. Both of these guys are great in their characters and I love both characters.

I think this was even harder than S1!

Question/Suggestion: Is there any reason we couldn't shift this poll to the end of the month rather than the beginning? It's kind of hard to decide on best moments when it's been awhile in seeing some of the episodes and sometimes I change mind by the time I reach the end of the month after seeing the entire season. No big deal either way, it was just something that occurred to me the other day.
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Best Episode: The Fith Race
                              Best Jack Moment: Going through the Gate, and seeing the Asgard homeward and meeting with them in "The Fifth Race"
                              Best Daniel Moment: Seeing Sh'are for the first time again in "Secrets"
                              Best Sam Moment: Chatting with Martouf, and learning more of Jolinar in "The Tok'ra, part 1"
                              Best Teal'C Moment: Asking to leave the SGC and Earth in "Out of Mind"
                              Best Hammond Moment: Helping to free SG-1 in "1969"
                              Best Team Moment: Watching Thor's ship descend in "Thor's Chariot"
                              Best Guest star: Peter Williams as Apophis in "Serpent's Song"
                              sigpic
                              Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                              Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Helloooo campers! here's my nominations for season two:
                                Best episode: "Message in a Bottle", "The Tokra pt.2", " The Fifth Race"
                                Best Jack moment: "1969"( Scene where Jack is being interrogated)
                                Best Daniel moment: "Need" ( When Daniel is going through his withdrawl from the sarcophagus. Excellent!)
                                Best Sam moment: "Secrets" ( when Sam finds out about her father's cancer. This is a powerful scene. Tears me up every time.)
                                Best Teal'c moment: "Family" ( when Teal'c finds out that his friend has married his wife)
                                Best Hammond moment: "The Serpent's Lair" ( when Hammond gives Daniels a dressing down.)
                                Best Team moment: "Secrets" ( Towards the end when Sam and jack come through the gate and help Teal'c and Daniel fight Here'ur. They were very much a unit. Synchronized. It waas a thing of beauty to watch. And... Jack got the goau'ld.)
                                Best Alien Race: The Asgard.
                                Best Guest Star: ( Carmen Argenziano). He did well in The Tok'ra pt 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X