X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would seem that putting them into that house was a definate plot device
    SPOILERS for next weeks episode
    Spoiler:
    It would seem next weeks episode is set 200 years in the Doctors future, and all the stuff we saw him doing while the Ponds were at home in The Impossible Astronaut, hs been doing...
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/roberts-rev...ails-26227.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
      Could the Doctors fear have been himself either using the heart of the TARDIS to power the "moment" in the TimeWar or himself in a full dark incarnation? - considering weve seen him getting progressively more darkside since Matt Smiths tenure began

N.C
      Old Who already did that in the form of the Valeyard
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        The Cloister Bell usually rings as a harbinger of dangers and disasters. It won't ring for just any little old danger or disaster. Whatever it was the Doctor saw in his room must have been MASSIVELY bad if it inspired the Cloister Bell to ring.
        But the Cloister bell should only ring if they are inside the TARDIS or it becomes a wanky plot device.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          But the Cloister bell should only ring if they are inside the TARDIS or it becomes a wanky plot device.
          It's a manifestation of fear. It doesn't have to be inside the TARDIS because it's not literal.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            The Cloister Bell has only ever sounded within the TARDIS. But the rooms were showing representations of what everyone feared and one can assume that whatever the fear was that the Doctor saw in his room involved only the representation of a TARDIS sounding its Cloister Bell. It was just an illusion of sorts just as the Weeping Angels and the Clown were in the other rooms.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Pretty decent episode. I don't mind leaving Amy that much, but I will miss Rory. Seemed a little out of the blue for The Doctor to all of a sudden decide that they should part ways. Unless something in that room reminded him of their mortality.

There was one thing that I did NOT like though... As someone with SEVERE ichthyophobia, I did not appreciate the aquarium and am still VERY disturbed by happened to the creature inside it.

Oh, and nice to hear a Star Trek reference .

Comment

I can't get past the ending. I was shocked. You see, my problem with watching is that I 'forget' that its not real and when something like the Doctor leaving companions behind, I messes me up as I feel bad for the characters; at least temporarily.

I personally like the whole Amy and Rory dynamic. Only 2 more episodes to go? Whatever will I do now?

Comment

hmmm!!

no doubt the dr saw himself ... in what form or time .... ????

will certainly miss Amy and Rory if they are truly gone!!

the whole conversation with the creature at the end ... not about the creature but, about the dr himself i suspect.

teehee!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

• really wasn't expecting that ending, very sad
                    • that was definitely the cloister bell when the Doctor found his room....what could that mean?!
                    • a mention of Nimon! And pictures of critters from the RTD years! Awesomeness, Moff
                    • I really liked Rita and was sad to see her go. She would've made an interesting addition to the TARDIS crew
                    • interesting tidbit I just saw on the TARDIS Index File: Lucy Hayward was originally called Lucy Miller, but they decided to change it to avoid confusion with Lucie Miller of The New Eighth Doctor Adventures
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm confused... I thought Little Pond was the Doctor's fear (having ruined her life, exposed her to danger etc) but the Doctor's room was near where the Minotaur collapsed in the hall... so who's fear was Little Pond???
                      sigpic

Comment

In "The Impossible Astronaut" the future Doctor mentioned that he was running away faster than he ever had before just near the moment of his death. That's what the ending of "The God Complex" felt like emotionally. He wasn't saving Amy and Rory as much as he was running away, at least to me. When 200 years pass for thr Doctor, he finally stops running. Maybe the Doctor seeing his room reminded him of his own mortality as well as the mortality of his companions. I think that would be enough to send him running, emotionally speaking, for 200 years.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah it does make sense that he would leave Amy and Rory on Earth.... especially when you consider that in the Impossible Astronaut they werent with him, they will be back with the doctor by next season , his just trying to run from death......
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 18 September 2011, 12:23 AM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                            I'm confused... I thought Little Pond was the Doctor's fear (having ruined her life, exposed her to danger etc) but the Doctor's room was near where the Minotaur collapsed in the hall... so who's fear was Little Pond???
                            That was Amy's fear - that the Doctor would never come back for her.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              Yeah it does make sense that he would leave Amy and Rory on Earth.... especially when you consider that in the Impossible Astronaut they werent with him, they will be back with the doctor by next season , his just trying to run from death......
                              That gives the Doctor 200 years of subjective time to run away from his death at Lake Silencio, Utah. But that's also 200 years of developing a plan that could alter a fixed point in time, something that would of course have radical consequences for the timeline. Personally, i think he used the 200 years to shutout out Amy, Rory, and River from his life but then decided near the end of the 200 years to finally face up to his own mortality... by devising a plan to alter the timeline and undo his death. I'm sure it involves some twists to defeat Madam Kovarian and the Silence.
                              sigpic

Comment

i didn't know what to make of this episode to be honest - it was so like the episode "Lia" that Toby Whithouse wrote for Being Human. (The one where Mitchell goes to rescue Annie in purgatory.) It was quite enjoyable though. I certainly wasn't expecting Amy & Rory to depart at the end of this episode. There were unexpected tears. I thought that would happen at the end of the season finale. I'm pleased Amy mentioned River.

Favourite bits...

"Our anthem is 'Glory To INSERT NAME HERE!'"
                                "Every time the Doctor gets pally with someone I get this overwhelming urge to notify their next of kin."
                                "Something hit me - was it my wife?"
                                "You are a medical doctor aren't you? You haven't just a got a degree in cheesemaking or something?" Doctor -"No. Well, yes, both actually."
                                "But.. that's my favourite car... How did you know it was my favourite car?" Doctor - "Well you showed me a picture once and said "This is my favourite car""

I gave this one a personal score of 7/10.

Edit - BTW I was a gnat's wing away from thinking that the Doctor was channelling Red Dwarf when he said he was " literally an otter's toe nail away from getting us out of here."
                                Last edited by Blencathra; 18 September 2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X