No announcement yet.

The God Complex (3211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the house Amy & Rory's own house, ie the same one that they were living in at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut? Or did I miss something? I thought the Doctor had just bought the car.

BTW I've been thinking. (It doesn't happen very often.)

The Doctor said the weeping angels weren't real. But what about "the image of an angel becomes an angel"? Won't that apply here also?

Comment

The Doctor said the weeping angels weren't real.
      Rule #1 The Doctor lies.
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody else here is pissed off about how Rory, seemingly, was just entirely dismissed.

This is goodbye to both Amy and Rory, but Rory doesn't actually even get to say goodbye? Thanks? See you in 200 years?

I feel like Rory just was entirely written off for 90% of his time here, with the 10% of his time either being devoted to saving Amy (a la Demon's Run) or being the reason for Amy to not fall in love with the Doctor.

Granted, he became badass and hilarious along the way, but...really? I'm put-off by this shunting of his character off to nowehresville.

"Oh, a cool car! I'll go away now while emotional things happen."

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
          Why did Rory see an emergency exit when no-one else did and why did it turn into a room door??
          In end it was not fear that fed the creature it was faith.

Rory does not have faith in anyone to save him from his fear, which like all husbands in the universe the thing they fear the most is there wife. Thus there is nothing to feed off.
          Last edited by knowles2; 18 September 2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Isn't the house Amy & Rory's own house, ie the same one that they were living in at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut? Or did I miss something? I thought the Doctor had just bought the car.

BTW I've been thinking. (It doesn't happen very often.)

The Doctor said the weeping angels weren't real. But what about "the image of an angel becomes an angel"? Won't that apply here also?
            Spoiler:
            It is the same house.
            Spoiler:
            The next episode (Closing Time) happens 200 years in the future, so Im guessing, that when he sends them the letters, we loop round to the Impossible Astronaut, but see it from the 200 years older Doctors point of view, and we see his plan to defeat the enemy/enemies...
            Its definately going to be a timey wimey explanation...

Also, nice spot on the Weeping Angels, but I think, because they are just generated images, they dont have the same affect...

Comment

I think there is more to it than that. These Weeping Angels weren't based on real Weeping Angels, such as the video footage Amy watched or in a photograph (which they have overlooked from 'Blink' as Sally gave the Doctor photos of the Angels) but rather taken from the memory of Gibbis. He's still alive so I'd assume he'd only ever saw them in their statue form and his fear comes from what they did to others. So Gibbis gets generic angry looking statues, while Amy on the other hand could have gotten the whole package.

With just a few statues there is no real to go for realistic Angels (such the clown, the girls, the P.E/Gym teacher) as he'd be scared just by their appearance and trying not to blink.

sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised Amy and Rory dont want to save the Doctor or even their daughter.
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                  I'm surprised Amy and Rory dont want to save the Doctor or even their daughter.
                  They know they can't save the Doctor because he needs to die. Their daughter is safe because her destiny is set and her parents know too much about the future. Let's Kill Hitler was the crossroads for the Doctor and River because he knows more about what will happen to her and River knows nothing about what will happen to the Doctor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                    I'm surprised that nobody else here is pissed off about how Rory, seemingly, was just entirely dismissed.

This is goodbye to both Amy and Rory, but Rory doesn't actually even get to say goodbye? Thanks? See you in 200 years?

I feel like Rory just was entirely written off for 90% of his time here, with the 10% of his time either being devoted to saving Amy (a la Demon's Run) or being the reason for Amy to not fall in love with the Doctor.

Granted, he became badass and hilarious along the way, but...really? I'm put-off by this shunting of his character off to nowehresville.

"Oh, a cool car! I'll go away now while emotional things happen."
                    To be fair. Rory went inside to get Champaign. You see him with it and a few glasses when he comes out of the house.

I wouldn't say the Doctor Dismissed him either. He got him a car......I mean come on......I mean he rarely gives his companions any sort of parting gift like that. This to me would indicate that the Doctor still had a special sort of friendship with Rory. I think all in all he actually got on with Rory better than most of his companions because on some level the two of them understood one another, and the Doctor knew that he could rely on Rory to take care of things when he wasn't around.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Creating the street

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/09/...nd-to-live-on/

Comment

Isn't the house Amy & Rory's own house, ie the same one that they were living in at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut? Or did I miss something?
                        There are piccies on the GallifreyBase website showing the front doors are different.

Amy_FrontDoors.jpg

Comment

Different doors doesn't necessarily mean it's a different house.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                            Different doors doesn't necessarily mean it's a different house.
                            I thought that too...
                            Also, seeing as the Doctor saw his fear in a room, I wonder what the Doctor prays to? Amy asked, and the Doctor just avoided the question...

Comment

New house = bricks around door.
                              Old house = glass panelling.

If it was the same house, it would mean that Amy and Rory live through the death of The Doctor twice. It would also mean he'd have dropped them off at a point before April 22nd for them to be living in the house to get the mail he sends them.

So I do believe it's a different house.

sigpic

Comment

Unless something happens in the intervening time requiring a new door *shrugs*

Just out of interest, we know the location of future Doctors TARDIS is a key question, well as we've seen the Master do, the TARDIS can be made into a very powerful paradox machine to hold a paradox together from the end of the universe to its mere infancy.

I doubt the Doctor would do this, but, if he WERE to hide the TARDIS as a paradox machine it *could* open the way for him to die but still be alive AFTER being saved from the death resulting in the paradox, and working backwards to eliminate his death completely.

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X