Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Girl Who Waited (3210)

Travelling in The TARDIS with The Doctor & Clara

Default Re: The Girl Who Waited (3210)

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    They've met their daughter as an adult several times already. That's a pretty big hole to tear in causality. They're time travelers now. I think they're willing to accept that they can't save River as a baby, but they've saved her as an adult.
    Absolutely! They've saved her future.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering
    DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, and much more...

Here's an observation I made.

During the RTD phase of Doctor Who they established rules, and pretty much that there are "fixed points" in time that can't be altered but in Moffat's run the theme seems to be "time can be rewritten"

Make of that whatever you will.
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by rosey_angel View Post
    As for how long Amy had Melody, it seemed to me that the baby was a lot older than one day before they lost her but that could just be me. I assumed that she was around a month or so old before Amy was rescued.
    It's stated in A Good Man Goes to War that about a month had passed by the time the Doctor, Rory, &co rescued Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    They can't save Melody. Time has already played out. Mels lived her life as a friend of her parents, as a child in an astronaut suit, and so forth. There's no rescuing to be done. They already turned her from the path of a crazy assassin. Any more would break causality.
    I'm not so sure... When Amy and Carter were wandering through the creepy abandoned orphanage.. Amy came upon a room..Melody's room, if I'm not mistaken. Pictures of Amy with a baby...and the mobile from above the Doctor's crib.. Somehow..somewhere...somewhen..they must get her back as a baby (I just wish I could figure out how..)

A really good one this was, and that's annoying because this show has so much inconsistency between episodes that it truly can be a love/hate relationship much of the time. Over the years we've had absolute garbage and then the infinitely sublime, and varying levels in between.

Also glad Karen tried a bit harder to act in this one, and the Doctor took a back seat. But Rory... I must be one of the few who just can't warm to his dopey, inept and naive character. I may be booed off stage for saying it, but some new companions next series would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wwlh View Post
    I'm not so sure... When Amy and Carter were wandering through the creepy abandoned orphanage.. Amy came upon a room..Melody's room, if I'm not mistaken. Pictures of Amy with a baby...and the mobile from above the Doctor's crib.. Somehow..somewhere...somewhen..they must get her back as a baby (I just wish I could figure out how..)
    Or they just took a picture of her and Amy when she was born. I mean captive or not, you may still be able to get a picture where you're smiling down happily at your newborn.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now.
    Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wwlh View Post
    They do not get her back. Those photos were taken when Amy was in captivity

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Hmmmm... This one was okay even if not spectacular. Mainly because I'm not particularly fond of Amy. The aging was very well done, and my appreciation for Gillan's acting went up about five notches, because she was very believable as a bitter middle-aged woman.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg