• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Terrors (3209)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    NIGHT TERRORS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3209 (609)
    The Doctor comes to the aid of a child who is plagued by things that go bump in the night, and Amy and Rory are trapped inside a dollhouse.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 07 September 2011, 02:48 PM.

Not bad. Seen better. I did like the reference to "if you were watching BBC 1 on a Saturday night". Subtle...

Every now and then I got the tiniest Paradise Towers vibe from bits of the episode.

"Bit rusty at this" - another reference to the Doctor having had kids.

"You're not from social services..."

Jammy Dodgers again.

Felt like Gatiss was trying to channel the Moff with this episode, with mixed results.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I remember being scared of similar things when I was little. This was always put down to an over-active imagination though

A decent episode, loved Rory's reaction after he and Amy woke up I just lol'ed, a lot. I guessed most of the details early on, though I like the idea that George is some sort of alien cuckoo species, it just seems.... about right really
      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
      sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't want to be under 10 for this episode. Loved it.

Random quotes:
        Rory: "We're dead... again!"
        Doctor: "Nothing scary...." (with fright) "...off the scale, off the scale..."
        Alex: "Clare can't have kids..." SFX: Der der, da da, der der, da da
        Amy: "I take it all back, panic now!"
        Old lady: "Must have been them tablets"

Now, at the end, did the Doctor say: "Good to be back together again, in the flesh"
        (and if so, is that pertinent or just one of those phrases?)

Loved the Time Lord bedtime stories
        I imagine that bullying of the parents will be as scary as the other bits for younger audience.
        Speaking of which, all the opening the cupboard stuff, was very well done
        Okay, slightly corny denouement (in the dolls' house), but necessary

Comment

Wow, that was quite a good episode, must admit, I jumped at one bit
          But i must have a bit of a rant now, I missed most of the episode because I got trapped at work!!! lol, had to watch the recording of it...
          Ill take my place at the top back Sealurk!
          Some nice quotes and moments in this episode, and some great funny moments.
          I love how even with a stand alone episode like this, they still get a bit of the story arc in!

Next week looks good.
          Regarding the in the flesh comment, its like the poster in the background last week, could be a coincidence, could be a small slip in...
          Need to rewatch this...

Comment

When Alex is watching television, the announcer made a reference to a show with Kate Humble and Rolf Harris having been shown on the Saturday before... The only one I've been able to find with both presenters is "Test Your Pet" which was shown on the 1st and 8th of May 2004 which would have made George 2..

But then the landlord made a reference to watching Bergerac.. and how it was 30 years old.. Bergerac ran from 1981 to 1991.. If he was watching the pilot episode it would be 30 years old this year....

Other than that.. this is the episode Fear Her should have been.. Small scared child with monsters in the wardrobe.. Only it was far better

And another reference to the Doctor's children... Are the writers planning something about them for the 50th anniversary and getting the audience prepared by making subtle references to the Doctor's family?

Comment

Pretty good episode overall.

Figured out they were in the dollhouse about fifteen minutes in. Loved the Time Lord bedtime stories.
              I would've killed to have had helicopter wallpaper in my bedroom when I was a kid.

I have to wonder, is the business of the Sonic not having a setting for wood a subtle reference to the Golden Age Green Lantern?
              Last edited by BruTak; 03 September 2011, 12:07 PM. Reason: Typo.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I have to wonder, is the business of the Sonic not having a setting for wood a subtle reference to the Golden Age Green Lantern?
                See, I always figured that the Doctor chose/built/designed the sonic screwdriver, in all its incarnations, because it couldn't possibly hurt or affect a living thing except to scan - it cannot truly be used as a weapon. Maybe that's the root of its being useless on wood, since wood is an organic, cellular substance that was once alive.

Bit tenuous, I know, but its the best theory I can come up with.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Really very creepy tale from Mark Gatiss! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Been hearing that kids under the age of 10 have been really frightened by this story...obviously I hope they don't have nightmares but this is just some of what Doctor Who does what it does best!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Wasn't a fan of this episode. There seems to be a recurring pattern. Have never liked the episodes from Mark Gatiss, aside from "The Unquiet Dead".

I just found this to be an uneeded "filler-sode", just to justify the number of ordered episodes.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Muck
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I guess the article I read about being in episode 9 was wrong...
                        Suprisingly the Sun got something correct... regarding Amy...

Comment

What article?
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Pretty good episode overall.

Figured out they were in the dollhouse about fifteen minutes in. Loved the Time Lord bedtime stories.
                            I would've killed to have had helicopter wallpaper in my bedroom when I was a kid.

yeah, i had the dollhouse angle figured out well before he did....i thik the 'painted wooden pan' was the big clue

a nice break from the endless river stuff
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Awful episode.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X