X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Still waiting to see the eppy (BBCA is a week later?). *sigh*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    bbbc america is NOT a week behind. It's hours behind. Let's kill Hitler aired last night
    Not here. When I checked the BBCA "full" schedule (not the actual TV channel), it was showing reruns of previous eps. That was all day yesterday into midnight.

So, since we were having a hurricane, and I was sick from migraines and nausea (bad ginger ale did the final deed), I never turned the Tv on, and just went straight to my pillow. Never bothered recording (DVR) because I didn't know what time to record.

Anywho.. just found out from the BBCA, the following info----
    Doctor Who Encores

Tuesday, August 30th at 12am EST
    (Monday Night)

If Hurricane Irene keeps you from watching the midseason premiere of Doctor Who, "Let's Kill Hitler" and the "Doctor Who: Best of the Companions" special will re-air Tuesday.
    (that's Monday pm night at midnight into Tuesday am)

nah, I don't think I'll stay up that late, but will see if we can DVR it to watch later in the week (next Sunday, instead, maybe).

Comment

The Doctor being a war criminal ... Never.....

The Silence, Kovarian, and company are just telling porkies.

Although in the old series we are never fully told either why the Doctor ran away from Galifrey and took the TARDIS.... It's something open to debate. I hope they don't ruin things.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

well, i know on BBCA that I watched sat night, i saw the best of the companions special, and this eps, and there was another dr who special last saturday
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to have to give this episode, a great big meh.

I loved parts of it, namely parts with Mels/River. I love when she flirts with 11.
          I appreciated the tiny gestures many have noticed, including the diary.

On the other hand, the alien of the week was horrific. They find historical despical people and torture them for who knows how long because it is their right. No one, not even the doctor says much about this? Not ok.

The tux means that the Doctor will probably have to interact with himself at Amy's wedding again, but I'm getting really tired of the Fez, suit jackets, tuxes, and Flesh doctors. Just tell a good story, not a convolutted one.

So the doctor can't save River at this moment but Mels can be by Amy growing up. Ok, but it was presented that this is as good as returning the child to her mother. That is so not ok.

Thankfully, the episode had a few laughs. But on the rewatch, it was even boring. A 7/10 at best.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
            I think the fish fingers and custard thing was more of something to rally him. A memory back before he went wrong as he feels with Amelia. Amy used it as the thing to prove that he could trust them back at the beginning of the series when they met him after his death.
            So to me its not so much the meal of fish fingers and custard itself that brought the Doctor back, but more the memory that went with it that kept him fighting on.
            That's how I saw it. Something grounded, physical and a key part of the relationship with Amy (c.f. her "trust me" on fish/custard in "Rebel Flesh)

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              The Doctor being a war criminal ... Never.....
              What else would you call someone who requires a plural of the word 'Genocide'?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved these lines:

Adolf Hitler: Thank you. Whoever you are. I think you have just saved my life.
                The Doctor: Believe me. It was an accident.

Amy: I don't understand, okay? One minute she's going to marry you and then she's going to kill you.
                The Doctor: Well she's been brainwashed. It all makes sense to her. Plus, she's a woman. Oh shut up, I'm dying!
                Last edited by mi_guard; 29 August 2011, 02:24 AM.
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  ok, the robot justice folks....they said that the doctor was a war criminal and that he stole a tardis.....but I thought his backstory was that he was a 'lone' survivor of a great war between timelords and the daleks....did they change that in canon? or could that be a result of someone mucking with the timeline.
                  The justice people didnt say the doctor was a war criminal, they said Melody pond was

?
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

My one minor niggle, was that Hitler was using a revolver.

Strictly speaking, he should've had either a Luger or a Walther P-38. Preferably the latter, as the Lugers were rather prone to going off in your face if you so much as sneezed on them.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

a few problems:

1) Wait, so we only get one episode of River being evil? I call BS on that one. Seriously. the ENTIRE river-kills-doctor threat (with alex kingston anyway) was resolved in one episode? That seriously pisses me off.

2) Childhood Amy is more important to the Doctor, and liked more, Than IDRIS/the TARDIS itself? Really Moffat? I know you've got a thing for red-headed strippers, but...c'mon.

3) Why doesn't Rory have a Sonic Cane?

3b) Rory knows how to use the Sonic, as demonstrated in the previous episode. Why is he inept at it now?

4) Humans...never got Time Travel technology. Period. That was the whole point of the "Year that never was" arc. Incongruity annoys me when its like this.

5) If the TARDIS could mind-meld and talk to people, as she did with River....what the hell (censoring myself) is the reason for it not doing so with the Doctor, if for no reason other than to teach him how to park.

6) The question is obviously "what is your name?", just as clearly as river=amy's daughter was.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                        a few problems:

1) Wait, so we only get one episode of River being evil? I call BS on that one. Seriously. the ENTIRE river-kills-doctor threat (with alex kingston anyway) was resolved in one episode? That seriously pisses me off.

2) Childhood Amy is more important to the Doctor, and liked more, Than IDRIS/the TARDIS itself? Really Moffat? I know you've got a thing for red-headed strippers, but...c'mon.

3b) Rory knows how to use the Sonic, as demonstrated in the previous episode. Why is he inept at it now?

4) Humans...never got Time Travel technology. Period. That was the whole point of the "Year that never was" arc. Incongruity annoys me when its like this.
                        2) the doctor asked for someone he hadn't screwed up. being IDRIS would only remind the doctor that she died and that he would never be able to talk to the TARDIS again.

4) was that the point of "The year that never was"? what about the time agency and Jack? what about River? what about the fact time travel can be purchased on the black market in the 52nd century???
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I loved this episode! I can see it becoming one of my favorites! River song is awesome, definitely one of my favorites. My eyes were glued the whole time, Alex Kingston did a excellent job. Mels was quite awesome as well.

So good to have The Doctor back!

Comment

We may yet have more River-as-Evil, just not with A.K.

Is there a reason he should have a sonic cane? And when is he shown as being inept?

5) If the TARDIS could mind-meld and talk to people, as she did with River....what the hell (censoring myself) is the reason for it not doing so with the Doctor, if for no reason other than to teach him how to park.
                            River is apparently "The child of the TARDIS", maybe the TARDIS can therefore 'mind-meld' with River in ways the TARDIS can't with the Doctor. Or, maybe the TARDIS can 'meld' with the Doctor, but has never felt the need.

6) The question is obviously "what is your name?", just as clearly as river=amy's daughter was.
                            This does seem the most obvious solution, yes.

Comment

a few problems:

Errrr...without seeing the rest of the series, how do you even know she doesn't revert back to being psychopath River?

See stargate234's answer above for this.

How do you know that it wasn't the Doctor using the Sonic in the previous episode? All you see is a hand and the flash of a cloak but that doesn't mean that the Doctor wasn't wearing a cloak too on the Cyberman spaceship. Also when going in to get Amy the door opens and Rory is holding the baby and then the Doctor comes in. It could have been the Doctor using the Sonic to get the door open on Demon's Run.

Again...see stargatefan234's answer above to this one.

Because only River was conceived in the TARDIS and no-one else was.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I enjoyed this ep but I am still confused about the time line though.

Comment

Working...
                                X