Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    Another thing that I realized is that those beings the Doctor fought in The Impossible Astronaut were not The Silence since the ship refereed to The Silence as a religious order.
    It doesn't mean they can't be part of The Silence (i.e. the religious order).

Comment

It doesn't mean they can't be part of The Silence
      No, it doesn't.

Heck now I'm expecting that "The Silence Will Fall" to be played out by the end of this season, which might bring about an end to that religious order.

Dangit.

Comment

Just a point of curiosity, The Silence is a religious order, just like the Anglican Marines and the Headless Monks, now, are the Monks headless for a reason beyond religious indoctrination?

No head = no eyes or brain - does that maybe counter the Post hypnotic suggestion used by the white Silents ?

Possibly a way of stopping them from taking over this order of Silence completely?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Just a point of curiosity, The Silence is a religious order, just like the Anglican Marines and the Headless Monks, now, are the Monks headless for a reason beyond religious indoctrination?

No head = no eyes or brain - does that maybe counter the Post hypnotic suggestion used by the white Silents ?

Possibly a way of stopping them from taking over this order of Silence completely?

N.C
          I think they are headless so that they can't think for themselves. Basically bodies working on remote control from that papal mainframe.... You destroy that you destroy the monks. That's my take on it and remember when they fought the angels the Doctor said that this is the FINAL resting place of the headless monks... I find that interesting that he said that so does he play a part in their downfall, which makes no sense since he already mentions it in a past episode..
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Personally I would like to see the monks and marines gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I think they are headless so that they can't think for themselves. Basically bodies working on remote control from that papal mainframe.... You destroy that you destroy the monks. That's my take on it and remember when they fought the angels the Doctor said that this is the FINAL resting place of the headless monks... I find that interesting that he said that so does he play a part in their downfall, which makes no sense since he already mentions it in a past episode..
              From memory, the "headless monks" were originally created as a cool-sounding group to have previously inhabited the crash-site planet. Then someone thought it would be even more cool, and shown internal consistency/cross-reference and timey-wimey-ness, by bringing them back to a period when they were still living. Which meant creating reasons for them being headless... And yes, that means they sacrifice their heads (the source of distracting thoughts) leaving them to follow their "religious" faith (i.e. their hearts).

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                From memory, the "headless monks" were originally created as a cool-sounding group to have previously inhabited the crash-site planet. Then someone thought it would be even more cool, and shown internal consistency/cross-reference and timey-wimey-ness, by bringing them back to a period when they were still living. Which meant creating reasons for them being headless... And yes, that means they sacrifice their heads (the source of distracting thoughts) leaving them to follow their "religious" faith (i.e. their hearts).
                Well that's not possible as you can't survive with no head...... I still say they are merely bodies on remote control as external sensors to the computer that controls them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Well that's not possible as you can't survive with no head...... I still say they are merely bodies on remote control as external sensors to the computer that controls them.
                  And statues can't come alive and kill you when you don't look at them, things can't be bigger on the inside than the outside, time travel isn't thought to be possible and there are no humanoid reptiles living under the surface of the Earth, for starters.

Doctor Who has about as much scientific validity and realism as Futurama. Don't worry about it, enjoy the fantasy, the story, the characters.

Hang on a minute...headless monks, heads in jars...the monks are the bodies of celebrities in the New New York Head Museum!
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    And statues can't come alive and kill you when you don't look at them, things can't be bigger on the inside than the outside, time travel isn't thought to be possible and there are no humanoid reptiles living under the surface of the Earth, for starters.

What?!?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post

What?!?
                      I know, it's a big shock. I would say it gets better, but...yeah...

So, anyway, great episode!
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Cool episode! I really enjoyed the weirdness of the Teselecta. And of course, more info on Melody Pond / River Song too, and actually seeing her regenerate...
                        sigpic

Comment

And Mels looked kind of hot before she transformed into the even hotter River Song

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X