• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    LET'S KILL HITLER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3208 (608)
    The TARDIS is hijacked by one of Amy and Rory’s childhood friends, who takes them to Berlin on the eve of World War II. An old friend returns, and a secret weapon created to kill the Doctor is activated.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 03 September 2011, 01:35 PM.

Bloody hell!!
    That was an awesome episode!
    So much answered, but also, so much unanswered...
    I knew Mels would turn into River Song, as soon as she got shot, i just sat there and said "She will turn into River Song"
    We have a little bit more information regarding the Silence now...
    A religious group... They are obviously being controlled by The Silence...
    Great way to restart the series! So much action, but also so much to look forward to!

Comment

Pretty excellent stuff! I think I'll be watching that one again in about, oh, forty-five minutes...
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Pretty excellent stuff! I think I'll be watching that one again in about, oh, forty-five minutes...
        Im going to end up rewatching this about 10 times lol
        So much to take in...

So... River Song is the little girl who regenerated in Day of The Moon, shes the girl from the spacesuit, she regenerates into Mels, then becomes friends with her parents...
        But why would the Silence have her in a spacesuit?

Comment

Well that clears up a few things

Spoiler:
          When River learned to fly the Tardis, and from who
          And a reason for the Doctor gaining extra regenerations

Dunno, I had suspicions who Mels was as soon as she pulled out the gun. *shrugs* It was kinda familiar. I loved the back and forth between her and the Doctor where they were trying to get the upper hand over the other

Rory has also now gained another 12 points of awesome Also, I want a sonic cane now!

More coherent thoughts when I've come down of my Doctor Who high
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

WOW OH WOW!!! That was awesome!!! Loved it!!!!

Will say more when I'm able to.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I had seen pictures of both Mels and River Song in the same clothes, that kinda gave it away, and yeah Draygon, her gun draw was kind of familiar

Rory has come so far from his first episode, Ive always been a fan of Rory, but the last two episodes have made me love him so much more!
              Yeah, now the Doctor hopefully has some more regenerations, so the show can live on even longer now

A nice amount of questions were answered in this episode, but left enough questions unanswered to keep us on our toes...
              Cant wait for next weeks episode!
              So glad i wasnt working this Saturday!

Comment

So we learned that temporal grace was always just rule one in effect, River has definitely inherited the badass gene from Rory, and it's fun to lock Hitler in a cupboard.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Rory punching Hitler = Epic win.

Shut up Hitler.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    Rory punching Hitler = Epic win.

Shut up Hitler.
                    Yeah, that was awesome! And locking Hitler in the closet...
                    River and the Doctors little furray for weapons was fun...
                    There were quite a few laughs in this episode
                    "Doctor not following, Doctor very lost"

Just realised, the Doctor just arranged his own wedding...
                    When Mels got shot he told her "Stay alive and Ill marry you"
                    Hes got a promise to keep lol
                    Also, there was a nice reference to Vampires of Venice
                    The regeneration also explains Mels fascination with the Doctor...
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 27 August 2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey. My head hurts.

SO many links closed, such as the diary, the archaeology (see below), the first Doctor/River meeting, etc. etc.

But, just so very typically SM, plenty of new questions. Particularly, since I guess it will matter a lot by the end of the season: what's the big question? There's also the slight issue of when he tells her his name.

However - why would someone wanting to contact/meet the Doctor study archaeology?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post

SO many links closed, such as the diary, the archaeology (see below), the first Doctor/River meeting, etc. etc.

But, just so very typically SM, plenty of new questions. Particularly, since I guess it will matter a lot by the end of the season: what's the big question? There's also the slight issue of when he tells her his name.

However - why would someone wanting to contact/meet the Doctor study archaeology?
                        its how he keeps score
                        ----------------------------
                        You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post

... can you think of a better way to track down a time traveler?

And I think the Doctor may have just told River his name...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I just had another thought regarding Mels/Melody Pond/River Song
                            If this is the first time we see her as River Song, if we meet her again, what form will she take, or will we not be seeing her again?
                            Unless the times when the Doctor and her meet arent linear, I think wibbley wobbley timey wimey comes into play here too...

Comment

Okay, watched it again and got some of my thoughts in order now.
                              • The origin of River's diary is really quite nice.
                              • Rory just gets better and better, seriously racking up the badass credentials while remaining definitively Rory-esque. He's turning into the breakout character of the show. I love how the Doctor still has to ask permission from him to hug Amy!
                              • Finally finding out that the person who taught River to fly the TARDIS while the Doctor was 'busy that day' was the TARDIS...brilliant and wonderful.
                              • The holograms of Rose, Martha and Donna were a nice nod to the previous Doctor, helping to sew the 'new' new series to the 'old' new series.
                              • River's "Well, I was on my way to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think I'll kill the Fuhrer'" made me laugh.
                              • TeenAmy and TeenRory and the former's realisation about the latter was quite well done.
                              • The Tesselacta shape-shift effect was pretty nifty, and the concept was...well, it was a bit too "Meet Dave" for my tastes, but still quite well done.
                              • Anybody else think Matt Smith sounded a lot like Peter Davison when he's on the floor of the TARDIS arguing with the hologram?
                              • Confirmation that regeneration energy is dangerous.
                              • Matt Smith's acting is pretty damn good most of the time, and this episode is no exception.
                              • Alex Kingston's post-regeneration sequence is priceless.
                              • Has River using all her future regenerations to resurrect the Doctor done more than just saved him from the poison?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X