Page 1 of 10 1 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Site Admin

Post Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    LET'S KILL HITLER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3208 (608)
    The TARDIS is hijacked by one of Amy and Rory’s childhood friends, who takes them to Berlin on the eve of World War II. An old friend returns, and a secret weapon created to kill the Doctor is activated.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; September 3rd, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Somewhere in the Stargate and Doctor Who Universe

Default Re: Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Bloody hell!!
    That was an awesome episode!
    So much answered, but also, so much unanswered...
    I knew Mels would turn into River Song, as soon as she got shot, i just sat there and said "She will turn into River Song"
    We have a little bit more information regarding the Silence now...
    A religious group... They are obviously being controlled by The Silence...
    Great way to restart the series! So much action, but also so much to look forward to!

Stargate SG1 - 1997 - 2007_______________Stargate Atlantis - 2004 - 2009
    Stargate Universe - 2009 - 2011_________Sanctuary - 2008 - 2012
    Merlin - 2008 - 2012_________________Star Wars The Clone Wars - 2008 - 2013
    Doctor Who - 1963 - Present ___________Torchwood - 2006 - Present
    The Walking Dead - 2010 - Present__________Falling Skies - 2011 - Present
    And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Under the Dome, Atlantis, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham)

Doctor Who Season 8 - Currently on!_________________The Walking Dead Season 5 - Currently on!
    Falling Skies Final Season - Cant wait!_________________ Game of Thrones Season 5 - Cant wait!
    Person of Interest Season 4 - Currently on!_________________ Sleepy Hollow Season 2 - Currently on!

Pretty excellent stuff! I think I'll be watching that one again in about, oh, forty-five minutes...
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    Pretty excellent stuff! I think I'll be watching that one again in about, oh, forty-five minutes...
    Im going to end up rewatching this about 10 times lol
    So much to take in...

So... River Song is the little girl who regenerated in Day of The Moon, shes the girl from the spacesuit, she regenerates into Mels, then becomes friends with her parents...
    But why would the Silence have her in a spacesuit?

And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Under the Dome, Atlantis, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham)

Doctor Who Season 8 - Currently on!_________________The Walking Dead Season 5 - Currently on!
    Falling Skies Final Season - Cant wait!_________________ Game of Thrones Season 5 - Cant wait!
    Person of Interest Season 4 - Currently on!_________________ Sleepy Hollow Season 2 - Currently on!

Well that clears up a few things

Spoiler:
    When River learned to fly the Tardis, and from who
    And a reason for the Doctor gaining extra regenerations

Dunno, I had suspicions who Mels was as soon as she pulled out the gun. *shrugs* It was kinda familiar. I loved the back and forth between her and the Doctor where they were trying to get the upper hand over the other

Rory has also now gained another 12 points of awesome Also, I want a sonic cane now!

More coherent thoughts when I've come down of my Doctor Who high
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy

Travelling in The TARDIS with The Doctor & Clara

WOW OH WOW!!! That was awesome!!! Loved it!!!!

Will say more when I'm able to.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering
    DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, and much more...

I had seen pictures of both Mels and River Song in the same clothes, that kinda gave it away, and yeah Draygon, her gun draw was kind of familiar

Rory has come so far from his first episode, Ive always been a fan of Rory, but the last two episodes have made me love him so much more!
    Yeah, now the Doctor hopefully has some more regenerations, so the show can live on even longer now

A nice amount of questions were answered in this episode, but left enough questions unanswered to keep us on our toes...
    Cant wait for next weeks episode!
    So glad i wasnt working this Saturday!

So we learned that temporal grace was always just rule one in effect, River has definitely inherited the badass gene from Rory, and it's fun to lock Hitler in a cupboard.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Rory punching Hitler = Epic win.

Shut up Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Rory punching Hitler = Epic win.

Shut up Hitler.
    Yeah, that was awesome! And locking Hitler in the closet...
    River and the Doctors little furray for weapons was fun...
    There were quite a few laughs in this episode
    "Doctor not following, Doctor very lost"

Just realised, the Doctor just arranged his own wedding...
    When Mels got shot he told her "Stay alive and Ill marry you"
    Hes got a promise to keep lol
    Also, there was a nice reference to Vampires of Venice
    The regeneration also explains Mels fascination with the Doctor...
    Last edited by Teddybrown; August 27th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Captain

Wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey. My head hurts.

SO many links closed, such as the diary, the archaeology (see below), the first Doctor/River meeting, etc. etc.

But, just so very typically SM, plenty of new questions. Particularly, since I guess it will matter a lot by the end of the season: what's the big question? There's also the slight issue of when he tells her his name.

However - why would someone wanting to contact/meet the Doctor study archaeology?

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Quizziard View Post

SO many links closed, such as the diary, the archaeology (see below), the first Doctor/River meeting, etc. etc.

But, just so very typically SM, plenty of new questions. Particularly, since I guess it will matter a lot by the end of the season: what's the big question? There's also the slight issue of when he tells her his name.

However - why would someone wanting to contact/meet the Doctor study archaeology?
    its how he keeps score
    ----------------------------
    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Quote Originally Posted by Quizziard View Post

... can you think of a better way to track down a time traveler?

And I think the Doctor may have just told River his name...

I just had another thought regarding Mels/Melody Pond/River Song
    If this is the first time we see her as River Song, if we meet her again, what form will she take, or will we not be seeing her again?
    Unless the times when the Doctor and her meet arent linear, I think wibbley wobbley timey wimey comes into play here too...

Okay, watched it again and got some of my thoughts in order now.

• The origin of River's diary is really quite nice.
    • Rory just gets better and better, seriously racking up the badass credentials while remaining definitively Rory-esque. He's turning into the breakout character of the show. I love how the Doctor still has to ask permission from him to hug Amy!
    • Finally finding out that the person who taught River to fly the TARDIS while the Doctor was 'busy that day' was the TARDIS...brilliant and wonderful.
    • The holograms of Rose, Martha and Donna were a nice nod to the previous Doctor, helping to sew the 'new' new series to the 'old' new series.
    • River's "Well, I was on my way to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think I'll kill the Fuhrer'" made me laugh.
    • TeenAmy and TeenRory and the former's realisation about the latter was quite well done.
    • The Tesselacta shape-shift effect was pretty nifty, and the concept was...well, it was a bit too "Meet Dave" for my tastes, but still quite well done.
    • Anybody else think Matt Smith sounded a lot like Peter Davison when he's on the floor of the TARDIS arguing with the hologram?
    • Confirmation that regeneration energy is dangerous.
    • Matt Smith's acting is pretty damn good most of the time, and this episode is no exception.
    • Alex Kingston's post-regeneration sequence is priceless.
    • Has River using all her future regenerations to resurrect the Doctor done more than just saved him from the poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    Okay, watched it again and got some of my thoughts in order now.

• The origin of River's diary is really quite nice.
    • Rory just gets better and better, seriously racking up the badass credentials while remaining definitively Rory-esque. He's turning into the breakout character of the show. I love how the Doctor still has to ask permission from him to hug Amy!
    • Finally finding out that the person who taught River to fly the TARDIS while the Doctor was 'busy that day' was the TARDIS...brilliant and wonderful.
    • The holograms of Rose, Martha and Donna were a nice nod to the previous Doctor, helping to sew the 'new' new series to the 'old' new series.
    • River's "Well, I was on my way to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think I'll kill the Fuhrer'" made me laugh.
    • TeenAmy and TeenRory and the former's realisation about the latter was quite well done.
    • The Tesselacta shape-shift effect was pretty nifty, and the concept was...well, it was a bit too "Meet Dave" for my tastes, but still quite well done.
    • Anybody else think Matt Smith sounded a lot like Peter Davison when he's on the floor of the TARDIS arguing with the hologram?
    • Confirmation that regeneration energy is dangerous.
    • Matt Smith's acting is pretty damn good most of the time, and this episode is no exception.
    • Alex Kingston's post-regeneration sequence is priceless.
    • Has River using all her future regenerations to resurrect the Doctor done more than just saved him from the poison?
    Those are all good points, and I agree with most of those, it was nice to see the old companions again, and that he was still abit guilty for screwing their lives up.
    River Song using the regeneration energy as a weapon was a nice touch, thought she was going to do something like that when she was shot.
    I definately agree about Rory, he is such a great character, hes one of my favourite characters right now.
    How come the tesselacta associated River Song with the Tardis?
    Definately need to rewatch this.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. So if Melody/Mels/River killed the Doctor when she was a little girl before her first regeneration into Mels (Day Of The Moon), then why would she travel forward in time to Leadworth as a kid, base herself there as Mels, and wait for the Doctor to show up again? To her, she had already accomplished her mission from Kovarian. So why try to accomplish it again, for a second time? I don't deny it was a cracking episode, but it seemed to get very "wash, rinse, and repeat" in this one. Hitler got left in the cuboard, lol!

Also, I've just realised that Melody/Mels/River giving the Doctor her remaining regenerations just solved the issue of "13 lives for a Time Lord". When that happened, the Doctor recieved 11 more lives, assuming that Melody/Mels/River got the full compliment of 13 lives when she was conceived within the TARDIS.

In either case, the Doctor is going to live for another 11 life cycles. Can't wait to see what the 24th Doctor (the Doctor's first set of 13 lives, + the 11 new lives that he recevied from Melody/Mels/River) will look like by the time that 2060 comes around, LMFAO!
    Last edited by Billz; August 27th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

We need more of The Adventues of Amelia and Rory When They Were Kids. Now. Before Caitlin Blackwood grows up too much.

As for the Tesselecta (or however you spell it), given Mr. Muff's age and Scottish roots, it's probably more of a nod to "The Numbskulls" in The Beezer comic rather than Eddie Murphy's "Meet Dave".

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. So if Melody/Mels/River killed the Doctor when she was a little girl before her first regeneration into Mels (Day Of The Moon), then why would she travel forward in time to Leadworth as a kid, base herself there as Mels, and wait for the Doctor to show up again? To her, she had already accomplished her mission from Kovarian. So why try to accomplish it again, for a second time?
    Maybe its not River in the suit that kills the Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Maybe its not River in the suit that kills the Doctor?
    Melody was in the suit. Melody is River. Melody in the suit killed the 1103 year old Doctor. After that at some point, Melody was taken to 1969 by possibly the Silence in their make shift TARDIS. Melody breaks out. Melody regenerates into Mels. Mels gets sent to Leadworth to grow up at the same rate as "Kid Amy" and "Kid Rory". Mels meets up with them and the Doctor. Mels regenerates into River Song. And you're still trying to deny it? :/
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".