My Journey through Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
    Hey everyone! I just started my Babylon 5 journey, few days ago - after I finished my BSG rewatch So, I really like the show so far, interesting stories, great characters and good performances. I'm looking forward to the next episodes!
    That's cool, I'm sure you'll love it
    sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
    - R.E.M.

Comment

Yeh, I did love DS9, and this show seems to have the same type of storyline, style etc., so it should be good

sigpic

Comment

Call me prejudiced, but I find B5 to be superior
        sigpic

Comment

Me too, even if I consider myself a Trekkie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
            Hey everyone! I just started my Babylon 5 journey, few days ago - after I finished my BSG rewatch So, I really like the show so far, interesting stories, great characters and good performances. I'm looking forward to the next episodes!
            MAC! Glad to see you working your way through B5. Where are you in the storyline right now? Season 1?
            sigpic

Comment

I was re-watching it and reviewing it for my site, but, I dunno, I just kinda' stalled out at the end of season 2 this time.
              Sincerely,

Kevin Long
              (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
              http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Yep, in the middle of season 1! last episode I saw was Signs and Portents...I like this backstory of Sinclair, I bet that's gonna be a great story, about his role in the Earth - Minbari war... but don't give me any details! I want to be surprised!

sigpic

Comment

You will be, I guarantee it. Enjoy!
                  sigpic

Comment

I do. I also like that the characters are real, I mean more real than in lots of other sci-fi shows. Cause you know, usually we get the big heroes and the baaaad guys, but this time, these characters has some flaws, that's what make a sci-fi great for me. Like in DS9 or BSG etc. Probably the only exception of the 'heroes and bad guys' is SG, cause that heroism is just so honest IMO, I never felt like it was too much... but end of line, cause this is not SG but B5 thread

sigpic

Comment

How far along are you now?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm catching up with the events in Season 4. Looking forward to the end of the season.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Still the middle of season 1... don't have much time for it. And it's a sci-fi show, and I love a sci-fi show if I could watch one episode after the other, that's the coolest journey

sigpic

Comment

It is indeed. Glad you're enjoying it though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully you'll forgive the plug as I'm no longer affilitated with the site, but the "Republibot.com" website was doing pretty detailed reviews of the episodes of B5 in their "Retrospeculative TV" column. They're up into season 2.

Anyway: B5: Great series, though I think I've watched it too much. I'm a little burned out.
                              Sincerely,

Kevin Long
                              (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
                              http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Magictrick thank you so much for detailing your experience here (and kudos to you for being a Firefly and Game of Thrones fan two of my absolute favs!). About three months ago i decided i would start watching Babylon 5 for the first time and i was searching for something like this that i could follow along with spoiler free. So as i watched each episode i read your reviews and others responses.
                                Because of this thank you to EVERYONE who has responded to this thread. You all made my viewing fo the show much more rewarding. Helped me catch things i may have missed and also clarify plot lines and reasonings throughout.

I really enjoyed Babylon 5. I'm going to Dragon Con in a few months and the actors who play Shiriden and Delenn will be there so i'm very excited to hear them talk about the show now

I have never watched Stargate before, but everyone here seems so polite and helpful here i'm considering that as my next big sci fi tv show journey.

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                                X