Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) News/Discussion/Speculation (SPOILERS S9/Finale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) News/Discussion/Speculation (SPOILERS S9/Finale)

How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is one of the funniest sitcoms on TV and so I wanted to start a thread to discuss all things related to HIMYM. This can include current episodes, future news, pictures, speculation, favorite quotes, guess's about who the mother is or who Barney is going to marry, anything and everything.
    sigpic

Loved the first few series of HIMYM but the last couple have gone down in quality I think. It got a bit stale after Marshall and Lily moved out and got their own place. And now that Jason Segel wants to leave the show I'm not sure how it would fare without him.

Although I do have to say that Barney is one of the greatest TV characters ever created and is the main reason I still watch the show.
    sigpic

Comment

The most recent season had quite a few more serious episodes and storylines, but I think I've grown to like the characters so much that I enjoy it.

I love how so many themes and little manerisms are held steady through all the seasons, like the song "Murder Train" and "Robin Sparkles" plus I think Marshell still has one slap left
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
        Although I do have to say that Barney is one of the greatest TV characters ever created and is the main reason I still watch the show.
        Indeed He makes it worth watching Neil Patrick Harris is awesome in everything he does ...He even saved the Smurf movie

Forget the rest of the cast... Rename it "How Barney Met your Mother"... *would watch it*

*edited because of the purple dinosaurs that the other title would attract
        Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 16 August 2011, 03:19 PM. Reason: no reason... >.>

Comment

i love barney and like everyone else except ted who annoys me a little but im probably on my own with that one.
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
            i love barney and like everyone else except ted who annoys me a little but im probably on my own with that one.
            Teddy Westside is awesome, he is also the glue that holds all the other characters together. Barney, like George on Seinfeld, may be the best character but like George without Jerry wouldn't work I don't think Barney without Ted would work either.

The Barnacle really has grown a lot in the last couple of seasons, which is cool!
            sigpic

Comment

And now that Jason Segel wants to leave the show I'm not sure how it would fare without him.
              Segel's contract with the hit comedy expires in 2013, he said, and he doesn't plan to stick around to play bumbling married guy Marshall Eriksen one minute longer.

"I think after eight years, I'll feel like I honorably did my commitment. It's funny -- it's the greatest problem in the world to have. Jeez, I'm the luckiest guy in the world. But when your idol is Peter Sellers, playing one character for eight years isn't what you're trying to do," he told the magazine.
              Source

CBS has already picked up the 8th Season of HIMYM (which Jason Segel is under contract for), which will likely be the final season. That gives the writers 2 full seasons to properly wrap up the show.
              sigpic

Comment

Its legen wait for it dairy
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Loved the first few series of HIMYM but the last couple have gone down in quality I think. It got a bit stale after Marshall and Lily moved out and got their own place. And now that Jason Segel wants to leave the show I'm not sure how it would fare without him.

What he/she said. Slap Bet was hilarious. Barney antics are fun to watch.

Comment

I just got into this show this year i dont know how i could have missed it for so long

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Its legen wait for it dairy
                    This cant wait for more
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

New episode tonight. Can't wait.

Comment

Wasnt as funny as last weeks, but they all dont have to be hilarious for it to be a good episode

wonder if we will see Barney wearing that tie for every episode this season?
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          wonder if we will see Barney wearing that tie for every episode this season?
                          They said a whole year, so if they have to keep it, it has to stay till (803)

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                            They said a whole year, so if they have to keep it, it has to stay till (803)
                            HAHA that would be funny
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

I doubt he'll have it on in every episode, but I agree it will be around for a year.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X