X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season One Nominations

Nominations, Please!

To kick off our Rewatch of Stargate SG-1's first season, we'd like you to help nominate the best episodes and moments. We'll take nominations in this thread for one week, and launch the polls next week to let fans vote on their favorites. Then we'll announce the winners at the end of the month as we finish up this first leg of the Stargate Rewatch!

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to Season One only!)
    • Best Episode (Season One)
    • Best Jack Moment
    • Best Daniel Moment
    • Best Sam Moment
    • Best Teal’c Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Season Two polls.)

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll starting next week.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where Teal'c says 'Indeed'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post.

Polls will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate the best of the best!

Nominations will close at the end of the day on Sunday, August 7. Thanks!
    Children of the Gods
    7.32%
    The Enemy Within
    2.44%
    Emancipation
    0.61%
    The Broca Divide
    3.05%
    The First Commandment
    0.00%
    Cold Lazarus
    1.83%
    The Nox
    5.49%
    Brief Candle
    0.00%
    Thor's Hammer
    7.93%
    The Torment of Tantalus
    14.63%
    Bloodlines
    0.00%
    Fire and Water
    1.83%
    Hathor
    1.83%
    Singularity
    3.66%
    Cor-Ai
    0.61%
    Enigma
    2.44%
    Solitudes
    14.02%
    Tin Man
    2.44%
    There But For the Grace of God
    15.85%
    Politics
    0.61%
    Within the Serpent's Grasp
    13.41%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Darren; 01 August 2011, 06:40 AM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Best Guest Star: Teryl Rothery - The Broca Divide
    sigpic

Comment

Is there something wrong with the poll? I put in my three votes, left, came back when I saw a reply, and now my votes aren't showing

Well, they're still italicized, but they aren't showing in the graph.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Try again please ,Digi .

(Ditto for anyone else who tried to vote.)

Edit : Seems to be working and recording the votes now !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Love to, but as I already voted, it won't let me do so again
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for the glitch fix, Baggy!

I should have also added: Please use the Season One episode threads to discuss the wonders of Season One. It'll be a big help to keep this thread limited to nominations, and discussion-free.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Love to, but as I already voted, it won't let me do so again
              At least your votes are showing up now.

(Fixed the glitch after typing out that post and just did an ETA ,y'see.)
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

...no they're not

Still the same as before--my vote choices are still italicized, but not being counted. SOMEBODY tooled around with the poll after I'd already voted, in vB that tends to blank out the existing votes. *looks suspiciously at Darren*

Comment

Fixed! (I just manually incremented the counts for those eps you voted for.)

I did edit the poll title a minute after creating it. Terrible vB glitch. That's what you get for being so on-the-ball!

Comment

Cheers

And
                    Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    That's what you get for being so on-the-ball!

Comment

Best Episode (Season One)
                      Best episode of Season one would have to be The Torment of Tantalus where the SG-1 team finds out that the gate was managed to get activated by the U.S. Military in 1945 and Catherine Langford's fiancee, Ernest Littlefield, went through but never came back. they also find out that the planet that Ernest went to was a meeting place for 4 alien races.

Best Jack Moment
                      Best Jack Moment would have to be in Cold Lazarus where O'Neill learns that an alien entity has created a duplicate of him, which has returned to his ex-wife on Earth to try and heal his "pain." and Jack comes face-to-face with the memory of his dead son. this was one of the episodes where Richard Dean Anderson's acting was just amazing.

Best Daniel Moment
                      Best Daniel Moment would have to be in Fire and Water where Jackson is kidnapped by Nem of the Oannes and is forced to recall his knowledge of ancient Babylon to help the alien discover the fate of his mate, Omaroca and nem also alters the rest of SG-1's memories where they believe that Daniel Jackson is dead.

Best Sam Moment
                      Best Sam Moment would have to be in the episode Singularity. we got to see a different side of Carter besides just the military officer. She develops a bond with Cassandra, the lone survivor of a mass extinction attack, on the Planet Hanka, by the goa'uld Nirrti, and refuses to leave Cassie's side when the team finds out about a bomb that was planted in her chest to destroy the Earth's Stargate.

Best Teal’c Moment
                      Best Teal'c Moment would have to be in Bloodlines where he is risking everything (his relationship with the SGC, maybe even his own life) by going back to Chulak to make sure his son Rya'c doesn't get implanted with a Goa'uld Symbiote and he even gives up his own symbiote to make sure his son live after Rya'c is stuck down with a terrible disease similar to scarlet fever.

Best Team Moment
                      Best Team moment would have to be in the season finale, Within the Serpent's Grasp, where the team makes a unanimous decision to defy orders and gate to the gate address that Daniel got in the alternate reality ("There But For The Grace of God").

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
                      James Earl Jones as the Unas (Thor's Hammer).
                      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 01 August 2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Best Jack Moment: I suppose i'll be voting for Cold Lazarus. Not my favorite episode, but it did the most towards giving us insights into Jack's personal life which is so often hidden from us.

• Best Daniel Moment: I'll be voting for There But For The Grace of God. I generally find it to be an overrated episode, if only b/c parallel realities and the like became far too common and redundant over the years. Still, it's a very solid episode that showcases Daniel perfectly. So says I anyways...

• Best Sam Moment: I'll be voting for Enigma. I was close to giving my vote to Solitudes, then Singularity, but I arrived here. Of all the missteps taken by both the SGC and Tollen people Sam and Narim were able to develop a friendship between our two peoples. Sure, maybe it was due to mutual attraction, but it go the job done.

• Best Teal'c Moment: I'll be voting for Bloodlines. I was tempted to vote in favor of The Enemy Within but ultimately his devotion to his family, and son, won out over his dedication to proving himself to the SGC.

• Best Team Moment: It just has to be Within The Serpents Grasp, there's just no question about it.

• Best Guest Star: While i certainly recognize actors along the way as being particularly famous, or at least from another series, none stand too tall above the other at least in my eyes. I'll have to jump on the James Earl Jones bandwagon for this one...

• Best Episode: I voted for the allowed 3 but my number 1 would be The Torment of Tantalus.

Comment

Best Sam moment - Singularity with Cassandra in the bunker
                          Best Jack moment - Broca Divide when he's mostly caveman in the room with Frasier
                          Best Daniel moment - Torment of Tantalus discovering the "meaning of life stuff"
                          Best Teal'c moment - Bloodlines, risking his life to visit his wife and son
                          Best Team moment - Within the Serpent's Grasp agreeing to defy Kinsey, the president, and Hammond in order to save Earth
                          Best episode - Solitudes, best team building episode
                          Best Guest Star - Tony Amendola as Master Bra'tac in Bloodlines he is a great warrior even when he is over 130 years old
                          Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Comment

Best Jack Moment - In the episode "The Enemy Within" when he's talking to Kawalsky just before the attempted surgery to remove the symbiote

Best Daniel Moment - The entire episode "Fire and Water"

Best Sam Moment - In the episode "Solitudes" at the very end when she calls Jack by his first name, not correcting him when he mistakes her for Sara

Best Teal'c Moment - In the episode "Broca Divide" when he is talking to Jack outside of the iso room just after Jack recovers. Quote: "I am not Lucy"

Best Team Moment - The entire episode "Within the Serpent's Grasp"

Best Guest Star - Keene Curtis as Ernest Littlefield in "Torment of Tantalus"

Best Episode - Voted for my three at the top, but my number one is "There but for the Grace of God"
                            Dear Journal
                            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Best Jack Moment: "Cold Lazarus" - With Sarah, and seeing "his son" again.

Best Daniel Moment: "The Torment of Tantalus" - Finding the "Meaning of Life" device.

Best Sam Moment: "Enigma" - Watching Narim's amazement at seeing animals.

Best Teal'C Moment: "Children of the Gods" - Firing on the other Jaffa, realizing what he's done, and realizing he has no place to go.

Best Team Moment: "Within the Serpent's Grasp" - Final scene of the season, looking out the window, when the team realizes the Ha'tak is nearly to Earth.

Best Guest Star: "Bloodlines" - Tony Amendola as Master Bra'tac
                              sigpic
                              Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                              Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Working...
                              X