Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What minor characters did you wish had a bigger role?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What minor characters did you wish had a bigger role?

You ever see a character in an episode that didn't turn out to be important but caught your attention long enough to wish they were for whatever reason? Either because you thought the performance was good or the character was cool or whatever? For me there were a few characters that seemed to have an oddly short stint on t he show but the characters I really thought would have been cool to see more of seemed to come late in the show.

In Season 9 and 10 there were a couple characters that seemed to show up in Lucian Alliance episodes that I recognized the actors of.

Back in "Off the Grid" I thought the voice of Ba'al's Jaffa captain (apparently he is named Vi'tak) was familiar. And I realized that he provided the voice of "Fleet Intelligence" in the first "Homeworld" game. And I since it came out back 1999 I hadn't played that game in so many years it gave me a pretty huge nostalgia flashback, which was awesome.

When Netan destroyed his ship I was most depressed that they killed him off so soon. I wanted to see him giving the Goa'uld fleet missions objectives and stuff. It was probably because of that I thought that everything he said sounded important, whatever it was.

In "Company of Thieves" Mitchell was impersonating the Lucian Alliance officer Kefflin. We saw a couple clips of what Kefflin looked like but I realized that he was played by Scott McNeil, who's probably best known for all his voice work. He's been the voices of a bajillion of my favorite characters from my childhood and the years after that so I was pretty excited to see him in a Stargate SG-1 episode. It was a little bit mind blowing to see him in something else I was a fan of.

I had kind of hoped if SG-1 had continued there would be a new Lucian Alliance faction lead by him.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

is this restricted to sg1?
    well for characters i would like to see the tollan enloved of samantha carter when tollan was destroyed him beeing able to live on earth aislated to an island and carter and him getting married when the sg1 show ended.
    if sga is allowed (if not ignore it) i would like to see oberoth more. i think the replicators where defeated ridicolously easy. the othala replicators with the asgard technology almoust conquer the milky way and they got othala galaxy. so replicators with the entirely ancient database, 14 ships versus 38 and the resources of the ancient metropolis and asura city (atlantis replicated) and with a stupid virus they just where destroyed?
    7 wraith ships should only take between 7 to 14 drones to be destroyed. shappard once destroyed one wraith mothership with a single drone.
    the travelers ships since are like very primitive prometheus class ships, with 10 drones are a done deal.
    the earth ships probably with 20-40 drones are junk in the space.
    so 38 ships plus all the puddle jumpers from asura and the asura city shooting drones as if they where insane and where stupid things like bullets for us, and they got destroyed with their superior shields???
    sure the mckay insane virus help. but if you remember it took a while to get all the replicators. several minutes and the battle started way before that.
    i think where the writters getting rid of the replicators since elizabeth weir and oberoth (actress and actor respectively) leave the show so all related to them should go off easily.
    if the replicators the agressive code would have been removed and talk to oberoth to convince him to leave alone atlantis and earth, they could do an alliance and get ZPM in exchange of the replicators they wanted to ascend make themselves human bodies and learn ascension. oberoth can make more if he feels lonely lol.

Comment

I would have loved to see more of Anise.
      sigpic

Comment

Reynolds And dixon
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was hoping for more from Svetlana Kuznetzov(a), mainly because I like Mirinia Sirtis. Also more from Cassandra Frasier would have been nice too.

I was also hoping, that if SGU lasted longer, Mrs. Armstrong (Chloe's mom the Senator's wife) would become something of a player back on Earth, possibly because she has an axe to grind with the USAF (and possibly the IOA) for not getting her daughter home. I would also have liked to seen her reaction to Chloe hooking up with Matt (especially with the knowledge that he has a son he's never seen before), that could have been room for good conflict.

Mr. Strom, Wray's IOA superior seemed like an interesting guy. It seems that the brought him in for a couple of episodes and basically hinted that the IOA denied Wray a promotion because she was a lesbian. The whole IOA angle basically got abandoned after Sabotage.

Comment

Col Dixon
            sigpic

Comment

would of loved a episode dedicated to a day in the life of everyones favorite punching bag.. sylar

Comment

Just because of how SG-1 saved her and how she became Janet's daugher:
                Cassie Frasier

These 2 I just would have liked to see more of them (even though we did see a lot over the run of the show:
                Walter Harriman
                Siler

The actor was great and I hated that the character died in the second ep. (I'm not counting the AU):
                Kawalsky
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I'd have to go with Reynolds, Cassie Fraiser, Pierce and Col. Dixon.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I'd have to go with Reynolds, Cassie Fraiser, Pierce and Col. Dixon.
                    I'll ditto all of the above adding Siler, and Lt. Graham Simmons (from the early SG1 seasons).
                    sigpic

Comment

Agreed on Dave Dixon and Cassie.

I also wish that Cadman had appeared more on Atlantis

Comment

For SG-1, I'll second/third:

Cassie Fraiser
                        Maj. Kowalsky (loved him and was so angry he was killed off so soon)
                        Col. Dixon
                        Col. Reynolds
                        Lt. Graham Simmons
                        Anise
                        Dr Svietlana Markova

Also, I'd love to see more of:
                        Malek (apart from Anise he was the most interesting Tok'ra we met, IMO),
                        Rak'nor (adored him),
                        village leader from LitS (who rocked),
                        Dr Redden from Uninvited
                        Ree'tou Charlie (always wondered what happened to him)
                        The Nox
                        Dr Catherine Langford
                        Aris Boch

If I were to include not-so-minor characters, I'd add Janet Fraiser and Jonas Quinn to the list.

For SGA:

Laura Cadman, hands down (again, I adored her)

For SGU:

Jack O'Neill. There were episodes in season 2 where his absence was strange and jarring, because you knew he would have been there.
                        I'd like to see more of Greer's family too, especially his mom (did he have any siblings?)
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          Aris Boch
                          Oh damn. Can't believe I forgot to mention him. He even popped into my mind for some reason a week or so ago.

Comment

I really wish they'd kept Kawalsky alive and used him in the series. I liked him, and would love to have seen the friendship between him and Jack explored. Same with Ferretti; why didn't we see more of him?

And then there's Colonel Cromwell, Jack's old ex-buddy whom we saw for only one episode, when he showed up in "A Matter of Time". It certainly looked at the end of the episode, when they were gearing up and rappelling into the gravity well, as though they had begun to patch up their friendship. The writers seemed to leave some question open as to whether Cromwell might have survived: if he were still in-transit at the time the wormhole skipped -- and I can think of a couple of plausible (in terms of show physics) reasons why he might well have been -- then it's conceivable that he would have arrived and unharmed on P2A-870, the world the wormhole skipped to. So they could have brought him back and used him and his friendship and past with Jack as another mechanism to explore Jack's character more fully. I'll bet Cromwell would have been an interesting character himself, too, and for that matter, the writers could have done all sorts of interesting things with him vis-a-vis his own situation.

Ah, well. The show's writers didn't do it, which is why I decided to pick up what they dropped and run with it... (And no, this post actually wasn't intended as a shameless plug for my fanfic. But if you're curious as to what might have happened to him after that episode, including Jack's reaction to it, I invite you to read my work. It's a series set in an AU where I do include Cromwell and explore his story and his friendship with Jack.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

First character that comes to mind is Steven Caldwell, Daedalus commander from Stargate: Atlantis. He had a big recurring role in the second and third seasons. After the third season episode, "Echoes," the character dried up. I think the actor signed onto a series or something. He wasn't seen again until the fourth season where he only shows up twice, briefly. He shows up again in the fifth season, but again... only briefly in three episodes.

I'd liked to have seen him have a larger role in the back half of the third season, the fourth season, and then replace Carter as expedition leader in the fifth.

Comment

Working...
                              X