Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1234 5671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimm NEWS & General Discussion (Tags needed for S4 Disc/Speculation)

Default Re: Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Do you think i was pissing on my fence for kicks?

Loved Grimm!!! This and Person of Interest are my only new shows that I liked so far this fall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    This could even be better than Once upon a Time. OUAT got me confused as to what the Woman is supposed to do about the curse on Storybrooke, so as a Pilot it failed me.

Blutbad was a nice change to the regular Werewolf. I just hope they wont use the German Names all the time, eventough they pronounce it right, it still goes on my nerve using a German term in the middle of a English conversation. As if it would have been that much of a difference if they translated it to Bloodbath.
    I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.
    Now after reading this, it actually sounds better.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

I am really liking this series! It looks really promising and I am anxious to see what this show has to offer!!

Saw the first episode yesterday, looks like its going to be a pretty decent series.
    Cant wait to see more.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

I had DVRed the pilot and watched it last night. I'm on the fence, but I'll definitely watch more. I have to admit that I've sort of ODed on serial killers/horrific murders/child abductions via watching too many episodes of "Criminal Minds", and the first half of the pilot felt very much like that to me.

But the second half was better, the not-so-big-not-so-bad wolf was a nice twist, and the main character and his cop partner were both engaging.

So far I like OUAT better, but that is a very different creature - apart from using fairy tales as source material, they really are completely different shows.

At least there are 2 new shows for me to try out!

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Mmmmmm. They were eating Voodoo donuts. Yummy!!!

That would explain why girlfriend isn't in the show much. She's standing in this line waiting for donuts.

Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back. Doing Pilates

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back. Doing Pilates
    Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!!

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round!

Second Lieutenant

Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?
    That is just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
    Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?
    Somehow I tend towards OUAT myself by now and completly agree with you that this is kind of a Fantasy Cop Series.

On Emma, I think it is so obvious that nobody considers it. Henry repeated dozens of times that she will bring back the happy endings and I think that is exactly what she needs to do. Like reuniting Gepetto and Pinochio for example, after all her Job is finding People.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta_Nerada View Post
    QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.
    OUAT = Once Upon a Time (TV Series)
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

OH its a O, Thanks that makes sense now

Pining for more Haven, Grimm, and Continuum

I Dvrd the first two, and it is ok so far. I hope they give the girlfriend more to do or have her move on, but I liked the wolf with the Pilates.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.

Chief Master Sergeant lookupwardsnshare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.
    I agree...Watched the first episode of Grimm on demand and I have to say I actually liked it. I was singing "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of...)" all day after episode.

I also agree that OUAT is more a refreshing storytelling concept to a story we all know. Grimm just seems like the same spin on shows that have been already done over and over again, but I will still watch it. Let's see how long it stays on.

Ok, so I watched the ep about the bears, missed the first two. Might give it a few more look sees. I kept thinking though, is this a cross between Sanctuary and the X-Files? LOL Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!!

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round!
    Pulling the guys arm off "Ok that went a little to far"

Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!!

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.