No announcement yet.

Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.
      I agree...Watched the first episode of Grimm on demand and I have to say I actually liked it. I was singing "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of...)" all day after episode.

I also agree that OUAT is more a refreshing storytelling concept to a story we all know. Grimm just seems like the same spin on shows that have been already done over and over again, but I will still watch it. Let's see how long it stays on.

Comment

Ok, so I watched the ep about the bears, missed the first two. Might give it a few more look sees. I kept thinking though, is this a cross between Sanctuary and the X-Files? LOL Maybe it's just me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!!

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round!
          Pulling the guys arm off "Ok that went a little to far"
          sigpic

Comment

Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!!

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.

Comment

Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!!

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.
              My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
              Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
                Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.
                Occupy Vancouver's lot are camped outside the Art Gallery, where the scene of the reporter being killed in Stargate SG-1's 'Secrets' was filmed. The court injunction is out on them too by the city council to evict them on fire safety grounds.

Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming.

Comment

Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming.
                  *sniffles mightily* -- miss the Oregon Coast terribly. You will enjoy that trip immensely, I suspect.

Comment

I decided to watch it only further if it gets renewed, I'm outside the us so I don't effect the ratings anyway... I don't have the time anymore investing time in shows only to find out that they are canceled... :/
                    sigpic

Comment

This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I hope both this show and once upon a time continue...
                      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                        Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).
                          Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. (Joking)
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the people who brought us 'Buffy' are part of this venture. Makes sense then. I thought it had that feel too, that's probably why I like it, I really liked the 'Buffy' and 'Angel' series'. Maybe someone has better luck than me finding something that mentions this fact.

I still like this show more than OUAT, I've felt more interested in the fates of the characters in Grimm than I do in OUAT. I'm still working on that one, Only Robert Carlyle having fun portraying Rumpelstiltskin keeps me watching at the moment.

I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

Comment

I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

In Grimm I'm not surprised they are heading that way, as you said some of the creative team behind Buffy is working on Grimm and in buffy/Angel not all creatures/demons were evil either. As for OUAT I think they are trying to bring the Fairy tales closer to reality and everyday life to show that they have always been part of our world to begin with which is why with Cinderella they have her fairy godmother killed by Rumpelstiltskin just so he could get his devious ways which I thought was brilliant by the way.

Comment

Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. (Joking)
                                Its catching.

Anyhow, since our ratings fairy ( ) hasnt ventured into the realm of Grimm, i thought i'd poke around the site he uses. Here or Here. Now, is there anyone who knows how to read this stuff can tell me if its good or bad, or do some extra poking?
                                Last edited by Ukko; 17 November 2011, 05:48 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X