Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glimpse (413)

Site Admin

Post Glimpse (413)

EUREKA SEASON 4
    GLIMPSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 413

Applicants swarm Fargo after he solicits volunteers for a space mission; persistent headaches plague Allison; Carter plans a getaway; Lupo is fitted with special lenses that help predict possible security threats and calamities. Wil Wheaton and Stan Lee guest star. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; August 16th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Glimpse (413)

wow, so nothing?

I thought it was pretty interesting. The joe/zane angle is played up, alison and carter continue playing happy families, but it was also interesting to see how much the predictor helped and hindered.

Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I didn't get the chance to see it all the way through *darn* LOVED what I saw. Jo in denial (it's not just a river in Egypt) over what she and Zane had together. The predictive technology - just how would that play out? My contacts said you'd go out and commit a felony.

I love how Jo has owned the authority she has as head of GD security.

Love Fargo settling into his position.

Click here daily to give free mammograms
    It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Stan Lee is a scientist in Eureka working with gamma rays!

A bit farfetched about Jo getting out of the reactor. That steam heat should have killed I think.
    Will Wheaton? Never my favorite. What can I say that Sheldon hasn't said before
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

(Moderator)

True the steam shoulda burned her but suspension of belief I guess. And I loved the stan lee cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlbot View Post
    A bit farfetched about Jo getting out of the reactor. That steam heat should have killed I think.
    Will Wheaton? Never my favorite. What can I say that Sheldon hasn't said before
    Finally the Thread is open, I am right there with you. The weird thing is that I never heard of Wil Wheaton before the Big Bang Theory and somehow I cant get myself to give him a chance. He may have been cute as a kid, and I am trying to put this as friendly as I can, but somehow he just has that Jackass/Imbecil feel to him.

To the Episode, I loved it. I laughed so hard after Carter got gooed and Joes lenses tell her that the Resentmentprobability was 98% XD I want a pair of those lenses!
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

I want some PALs

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    Finally the Thread is open, I am right there with you. The weird thing is that I never heard of Wil Wheaton before the Big Bang Theory and somehow I cant get myself to give him a chance. He may have been cute as a kid, and I am trying to put this as friendly as I can, but somehow he just has that Jackass/Imbecil feel to him.

To the Episode, I loved it. I laughed so hard after Carter got gooed and Joes lenses tell her that the Resentmentprobability was 98% XD I want a pair of those lenses!
    As to Wil Wheaton - I think that's partly the character he's playing. Granted, I haven't seen him in anything since ST: TNG, but he hasn't come across like that in his earlier stuff.

As an aside, Hubby didn't recognize him. Even tried to tell me I was full of it when I commented on it.

(Moderator)

Thread has been open since, oh about 730 last night

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    As to Wil Wheaton - I think that's partly the character he's playing. Granted, I haven't seen him in anything since ST: TNG, but he hasn't come across like that in his earlier stuff.

As an aside, Hubby didn't recognize him. Even tried to tell me I was full of it when I commented on it.
    He was on the show? I didn't even notice. I even watched the episode twice.

He was the guy that Fargo hates, bugs for food. I seriously can't remember his character's name right now. Sorry. It's a crazy week for me.

He was the guy that Fargo hates, bugs for food. I seriously can't remember his character's name right now. Sorry. It's a crazy week for me.
    Uggg...Dr. Parrish. I looked up the info on IMDB...and there is a picture on there of him with the beard... I would've had no earthly idea that he was on the show...

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Uggg...Dr. Parrish. I looked up the info on IMDB...and there is a picture on there of him with the beard... I would've had no earthly idea that he was on the show...
    His Name was Dr. Perish. And I just want to add that I somehow think that even in a Friendly role I wouldnt like him. I mean there are alot of bad Guys that I like, but Wheaton just wont do it and I cant explain why. It bugs me.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

His Name was Dr. Perish. And I just want to add that I somehow think that even in a Friendly role I wouldnt like him. I mean there are alot of bad Guys that I like, but Wheaton just wont do it and I cant explain why. It bugs me.
    I understand completely. I feel the same about him, always have, even on TNG
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

I didn't even realize that it was Wheaton in the role of Dr. Parrish. I guess I was expecting to see the boney kid from TNG.

(Moderator)

he's been in a few things...and always seems to play an arrogant and rude person, he plays himself on big bang theory, and happens to end up being sheldon's almost arch nemesis

I just had to Google this guy, I honestly had no idea that it was him. He really didn't have that much of an impact on me in TNG, he always seemed to be negligible. In Eureka he just came across as another self centered scientist fighting our heros' attempts to keep the world literally in one piece.

Queen Kat
    (Moderator)
    2nd star to the right & straight on 'til morning

I always watch Eureka with suspension of belief. It's fun, it's interesting, but it's mainly camp, and that's why I love it.

I enjoyed last night. I'm happy to see Jo and Zane finally starting to get together, not quite sure why Jo's so reticent, they were great together in the other reality.

Love Alison and Carter together as well. I'm glad that he was willing to let her go to space if that's what she wanted and was even willing to take care of her kids while she was gone, but equally glad that she decided to stay. One of my favorite things she said was "that was my dream, this is my dream now",(or something to that effect) because that's what happens as you grow. Sometimes your dreams change, and you realize that what you have is better than what you thought you wanted.

Fargo was great. Nice to see him grow a little bit and start acting more like the head of GD.

And I really, really want to know what Beverly did to Alison to make her a 99.08% threat.

Poor Will Wheaton. Well, i likes you Will, in Star Trek, Big Bang and Eureka.