Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Stargate The Movie (1994) Help me please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Stargate The Movie (1994) Help me please?

I have a few questions about Stargate The Movie (1994). . Really appreciate your help.
    1. In his speech in the movie, Daniel Jackson said to the audience that there were no writings in the Pyramid of Khufu. i know he was trying to say that the pyramid was actually older than we thought, but did he say there were no writings indicating that by the time the pyramid was built, writings were not created yet?
    2. Ra designed both Stargates right? the one on earth and the one on the other planet. Some people say the ancient Egyptians built the Stargates under Ra's orders but if they really built the Stargates, how did the ancient Egyptians go to the other planet in the first place to build the Stargate there? I don't think Ra would let them get on his spaceship.
    3. The writings that Shauri showed to Daniel Jackson on the planet, about Ra's origin, who wrote it? who knew about Ra's origin?
    4. Why did the Ancient Egyptians rebel against Ra in the first place? And they buried the Stargate. They just wanted to fight their God? And how did Ra's necklace end up with the Stargate?
    Really hope you guys can be helpful and explain these 4 questions. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by JusTCurious View Post
    1. In his speech in the movie, Daniel Jackson said to the audience that there were no writings in the Pyramid of Khufu. i know he was trying to say that the pyramid was actually older than we thought, but did he say there were no writings indicating that by the time the pyramid was built, writings were not created yet?
    No. All Jackson aimed to express was that no writings were found in the pyramid. He was just trying to explain that there was no evidence as to who had built the pyramid which would support his evidence of when it was built.

2. Ra designed both Stargates right? the one on earth and the one on the other planet. Some people say the ancient Egyptians built the Stargates under Ra's orders but if they really built the Stargates, how did the ancient Egyptians go to the other planet in the first place to build the Stargate there? I don't think Ra would let them get on his spaceship.
    Nothing in the film indicates that Ra built the stargates. However, there's nothing to say he didn't.

3. The writings that Shauri showed to Daniel Jackson on the planet, about Ra's origin, who wrote it? who knew about Ra's origin?
    Obviously, the original humans who came to the alien world. After the rebellion on Earth, Ra outlawed reading and writing on the alien world. The cave was there to preserve history.

4. Why did the Ancient Egyptians rebel against Ra in the first place? And they buried the Stargate. They just wanted to fight their God? And how did Ra's necklace end up with the Stargate?
    These questions aren't answered in the movie. Just use your imagination.

Comment

ill have a shot at a couple.
      2. He only went to earth to find a new host, as he was (in that universe) the last of his species, when there he found the child who would become his host, he then used his stargates to transport them to abydos to mine more of the quartzite material for building and for bombs, i would imagine the one on abydos was already there and he had one on his ship, which then became the one on earth
      4. They rebelled because they were being worked to death on a mass scale, which like when most people turn away from religions worldwide currently is due to them thinking that no real god would condone this, so they rebelled against the opressive god and won, and the necklace wasnt specifically Ra's, It just containded the eye of Ra. his symbol, which if you were giving up christianity worldwide and burying churches. wouldnt you throw your crucifix into the church before it was knocked down? there was probably hundreds of similar artifacts scattered around and many may have been stolen years and centuries before and melted down. this was all before Ra banned writing which had helped rebellion because people could read the accounts of what had happened to their ancestors and how they were treated.

hope that helps a little, there is some speculation in there so if anyone has better explainations i shall defer to their responses
      sigpic
      THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Really hope you guys can be helpful and explain these 4 questions. Thanks a lot.
        Stargate Sg1->Season Eight->MOEBIUS, PART 2
        That's the television series answer to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
          Stargate Sg1->Season Eight->MOEBIUS, PART 2
          That's the television series answer to it.
          No, it most certainly is not. In "Moebius, Part 1," the timeline is royally screwed up by SG-1 5,000 years into the past. This resulted in an alternate timeline that wrote over the original. To set history right, a newly formed alternate SG-1 traveled back in time to help the original team. The original Daniel Jackson and the alternate SG-1 (minus Daniel) change history a second time, this time restoring history as best they can. When SG-1 is seen at the end of Part 2, we're actually seeing a third version of the team. Granted, the first and third version of the teams are inconsequently identical, though the third O'Neill has fish in his pond. Anyway, "Moebius" was not an explanation for why Ra left Earth, it was just a wacky time travel adventure.

Comment

I don't think this was answered in the movie. But if you've seen the series, then you know the gates were built by the Ancients and not the Goa'uld.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Really appreciate it. There's one more thing i wanna know. Some people say that the alien was pretending to be Ra to force the people on the other planet to work and keep digging for him. And some say that the alien was Ra, he created Ra for himself. which one do you think is true? Because the alien came to earth and he created the civilization, so he must have created Ra for himself as well. why would the ancient Egyptians come up with Ra The Sun God if there was nothing special unless the alien showed his technology and speciality to make himself Ra The Sun God. so what do you think? do you think in the movie Stargate, the Alien was pretending to be Ra or the alien was really Ra?

Comment

Thanks for your answers! Really appreciate it. For question 3, yes i know the original humans wrote it. But how did they know about Ra's history? Did Ra tell his origin to his slaves?

Comment

Jackson never said anything about there being no writing at that point in time (as the cartouche instantly proves him wrong), but more along the lines that being no writing suggests the pyramid is much older than believed. The problem is, Khufu's name was inside the pyramid so Jackson thought this was a fraud.

So less writing = older, rather than Egyptian graffiti everywhere = newer.

It was never said within the context of the movie Ra built the Stargate. We're expected to believe he did because of the matching Point of Origin symbols and that they only worked between Abydos and Earth.

I'd bet money on it being one of Ra's servants. It's the only real reason how someone would know his history and also what happened on Earth. Jackson was in the presence of Ra for two seconds before he revealed everything. Probably bragged about it to everyone else, especially his guards since they knowingly wore masks to hide the fact they were human.

Why did black slaves rebel against their white owners? God or not, they were still his slaves. They wanted freedom and fought for it. As for his necklace, it didn't end up with the gate, but found somewhere around the gate.
                  Last edited by SaberBlade; 26 June 2011, 03:04 PM.

sigpic

Comment

:

DANIEL
                    Look, look—inside the pyramid, the most incredible structure ever erected, there are no writings whatsover. And—

THOMAS
                    Doctor Jackson, you've left out the fact that Colonel Vyse discovered inscriptions with Khufu's name—

DANIEL
                    Right...

[Daniel nods, raising a finger and starting to write on his blackboard.]

THOMAS
                    (continuing)
                    ...within the pyramid.

DANIEL
                    Well, his discovery was a fraud.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Really appreciate it. There's one more thing i wanna know. Some people say that the alien was pretending to be Ra to force the people on the other planet to work and keep digging for him. And some say that the alien was Ra, he created Ra for himself. which one do you think is true? Because the alien came to earth and he created the civilization, so he must have created Ra for himself as well. why would the ancient Egyptians come up with Ra The Sun God if there was nothing special unless the alien showed his technology and speciality to make himself Ra The Sun God. so what do you think? do you think in the movie Stargate, the Alien was pretending to be Ra or the alien was really Ra?
                      Well, if I were an alien who wanted to easily gain complete and total obedience from a race I intended to dominate, I can't think of too many methods better than adopting the identity of a deity whom that race already reveres...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

1. I'm under the understanding that there were nothing there to say its older than a certain time or belonged to a certain pharaoh.

2. Well, ultimately we know from SG-1 that Ra did not create the stargates, however I do believe that he--or another goa'uld--did design the visuals for the stargate we see in the original movie. We know this because the origin symbol for Earth was not always the pyramid with a sun over it that the movie shows. In SG-1 we see the Antarctic gate that the Ancients used had a different origin symbol which is why sam and jack didn't dial the alpha site since they didn't know they were getting a busy signal.
                        3. I'm with the above posters that it was probably either an educated slave or one of his assistants. It could also have been an unknown third party ie: Sg-1 back in time, rogue jaffa, or possibly even Asgard or the Nox.
                        4. Also with the above posters--they were slaves and were fed up with it. Also, they liked the Earth team and had guns. A few p90's will really make you feel stronger than you are lol. Also, the necklace was not Ra's. It was merely a religious symbol much like the above poster said, like carrying a crucifix or a rosary.

Also, if you haven't watched all of the stargate television series in their entirety I would highly recommend it! They really cover so much mythology it's amazing.

Stargate Universe even goes so far as to show us one of the original Stargate factories!

Comment

Whether Ra created Egyptian religion or simply abused it to pose as a god is debatable. Ultimately, it was never revealed in the movie nor SG-1, the series. In SG-1, it's been often presumed that Ra and the Goa'uld abused existing religions rather than creating them.

Thanks for your answers! Really appreciate it. For question 3, yes i know the original humans wrote it. But how did they know about Ra's history? Did Ra tell his origin to his slaves?
                          Presumably, it was legend passed down from the first generation that was witness to Ra's arrival. It's entirely possible that Ra was honest about his origins at first, but then over time... became corrupt and abused human religion.

Comment

[QUOTE=Naquadah_nut;12729603]ill have a shot at a couple.

4. They rebelled because they were being worked to death on a mass scale, which like when most people turn away from religions worldwide currently is due to them thinking that no real god would condone this, so they rebelled against the opressive god and won, and the necklace wasnt specifically Ra's, It just containded the eye of Ra. his symbol, which if you were giving up christianity worldwide and burying churches. wouldnt you throw your crucifix into the church before it was knocked down? there was probably hundreds of similar artifacts scattered around and many may have been stolen years and centuries before and melted down. this was all before Ra banned writing which had helped rebellion because people could read the accounts of what had happened to their ancestors and how they were treated.

excellent answer, NN

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Well, if I were an alien who wanted to easily gain complete and total obedience from a race I intended to dominate, I can't think of too many methods better than adopting the identity of a deity whom that race already reveres...
                            altho acting cruel would seem to undermine their respect for the deity
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                            X