David Nykl : The Beast of Bottomless Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Nykl : The Beast of Bottomless Lake

A new movie called "The Beast of Bottomless Lake" has just come out starring David Nykl (Dr. Zelenka) from Stargate: Atlantis!

You can only see it on TV in Canada right now, but the DVD is coming out in limited supply in a couple weeks. They can be ordered at www.provostpictures.com

Won some awards, a comedy so maybe worth a peek.

It actually is a very very good movie and definitely worth the watch! David is hilarious in it and the rest of the cast is really talented and fun to watch as well!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I responded to the FB page about what version/region disc I need... haven't heard back since late April, but I don't want to reorder it elsewhere just in case!
      sigpic

Comment

Ya, they have a pre-order list... I assume folks will be hearing within a couple of weeks who pre-ordered.

Comment

Great! Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Ughhh.....I'm having a hard time waiting....I plan on having my own small DVD viewing home party when I finally get the DVD as I have a few friends that are courious since they've heard me talking about the movie...still haven't heard anything about paying.... I know, patience, patience, patience - it's hard, I've seen the movie and am really wanting to see it again!
            sigpic

Comment

Rosehawk, you're not helping my waiting! LOL!
              sigpic

Comment

LOL, sorry about that Lahela! Sometimes things like this are best shared!

If I had the money to fly back out to Vancouver for the DVD party and pick it up I would but alas, life has other plans!

You will find that the movie is very much worth the wait!
                sigpic

Comment

*wanders in* Is this the place to discuss the movie or do we do that in the Nykl Appreciation Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
                    *wanders in* Is this the place to discuss the movie or do we do that in the Nykl Appreciation Thread?
                    We can do it either or.

Here we won't have to put spoiler tags; in his appreciation thread we probably should put them in spoilers since some have seen and some haven't. More people read David's appreciation thread.

I am okay either way...I just have been waiting for someone to talk with the movie about. My other friends who have seen it are either Hewlett fans or not fans of Sci-fi so they don't like to discuss in detail like they did Hewlett's movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Still no word since my April email. I'll have to order it from the website, I think. They seem to have forgotten me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        Still no word since my April email. I'll have to order it from the website, I think. They seem to have forgotten me.
                        I know they told several of us to order from the website, incase the other list(s) got lost. It was the safest way to order. I know a few people who have ordered and they got the DVD pretty quickly!
                        My siggie has the link to their website!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks - will do it tomorrow!
                          sigpic

Comment

Crap, I didn't realize there had been replies! *must subscribe to thread*

YES the movie is a stroke of genius if you ask me! I LOVE how we see RANGE!!

Comment

Well you always knew David was good....this movie really showed just how good!

There were two other Stargate Alumi in the movie - Alex Zahara, who has played various fun characters on SG1 and Fabrice Grover who played the Alteran who actually invented the Ark of Truth - in the Movie 'Ark of Truth'!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X