X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Song And Her Time Traveling...

This is a bit of a bug for me.

River can time travel. Captain Jack can time travel when he fixes his vortex manipulator...

I know we can blame this on the writers but why is it that it's fine and dandy for River to flit about through time and space at will and the Doctor doesn't give a toss but the moment Jack does it he gets all upset about it and damages his device..

Why is this? It annoys me.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

He does it to Jack because The Doctor is a
    Spoiler:
    jerk. don't kill me

Comment

Since when was the Doctor come down on Jack for time traveling?

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        Since when was the Doctor come down on Jack for time traveling?
        He has like 3 times.

Comment

If you think about it, The Doctor that lets River use the Vortex Manipulator was the 11th Doctor, where as all the times that The Doctor broke Jacks Vortex Manipulator was 10th and maybe the 9th Doctor. Maybe the current Doctor has changed his mind about others having Space/Time travel tech?
          http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe since River already could.. Like his future self already allowed it? If that makes sense..

EDIT:
            Spoiler:
            How is the Doctor a jerk? He seems pretty awesome to me...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatedJedi View Post
              If you think about it, The Doctor that lets River use the Vortex Manipulator was the 11th Doctor, where as all the times that The Doctor broke Jacks Vortex Manipulator was 10th and maybe the 9th Doctor. Maybe the current Doctor has changed his mind about others having Space/Time travel tech?
              Would that matter though? 10th 11th, its the same person just the body is different, though I think each body carries its own personality traits despite the memories being identical.

Comment

The memories are not identical. They do change.

After all, why wouldn't the previous Doctor remember giving the Master a watch to change his memories and Identity?

Comment

After all, why wouldn't the previous Doctor remember giving the Master a watch to change his memories and Identity?
                  Wha....what?

Comment

In the episode Utopia, The Doctor did not recognize the fob watch that Professor Yana had. It was the same fob watch, identical in design to John Smith's (the Doctor's human identity) watch in "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood".

However, I made a mistake on saying it was the Doctor who gave him that fob watch. i'm not entirely certain who did give him that watch, and i'm not entirely certain that it was revealed who did give him that watch.

When Professor Yana opened it, he regenerated into The Master.

The Doctor did not recognize that watch and he should've recognized it.

So, if he did not recognize it, then he forgot it somehow.

And there are probably other examples of how he doesn't remember everything as well.

Comment

The memories are not identical. They do change.

Probably because it came from the Master's TARDIS whereever that vanished to...... I think all of them have that fob watch as standard issue.

And why wouldn't the 11th Doctor remember his old adventures as 3, 4, or the 5th Doctor?

Comment

While I know it's the writer's choice, if they did remember something about it, they'd probably make some sort of remark and compare the current circumstances to former circumstances that happened years ago.

Until they do something like that, I'm just going to go with they don't remember everything from their former incarnations, but do remember some things.

And here's another example of not fully remembering things.

The Doctor said "He killed them all" referring to the Timelords in the episode "The Doctor's Wife".

However, he DIDN'T kill them, a former incarnation imprisoned them all in a time lock. They are still alive and could conceivably find a way to escape and come back to torment the Doctor in a future episode like Rassilon did before the previous Doctor's regeneration.

Comment

While I know it's the writer's choice, if they did remember something about it, they'd probably make some sort of remark and compare the current circumstances to former circumstances that happened years ago.

Until they do something like that, I'm just going to go with they don't remember everything from their former incarnations, but do remember some things.

And here's another example of not fully remembering things.

The Doctor said "He killed them all" referring to the Timelords in the episode "The Doctor's Wife".

However, he DIDN'T kill them, a former incarnation imprisoned them all in a time lock. They are still alive and could conceivably find a way to escape and come back to torment the Doctor in a future episode like Rassilon did before the previous Doctor's regeneration.
                          a former incarnation trapped them in a time lock (or the time lock was imposed on the war) and then the Doctor killed them all using the moment.
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

The war was timelocked to prevent outside interference and to keep the whole hell of it contained in its own self contained region of time.

The 'Moment' is the Gallifreyan D-Mat gun, rebuilt by the Doctor with generous modification,, also the reason the Doctor doesnt carry a gun, save against the Time-Lords.

Although i see a slight mix-up in the versions of events, one versions states that Gallifrey burned when the Cruciform fell and crashed onto the planet, another states the Moment, fired by the Doctor, ended Gallifrey.

Would be good to find out what happened someday.

As much as i doubt its continued existence, i wonder if the Doctor will ever be forced to use the Moment again?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                              a former incarnation trapped them in a time lock (or the time lock was imposed on the war) and then the Doctor killed them all using the moment.
                              Except obviously they didn't/

Because they came back. And will come back again.

Comment

Working...
                              X