Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the chair have a ZPM?

Just a quick question.

Did the Earth Chair still have a ZPM hooked up to it when it was destroyed (Enemy At The Gate)?

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
    Just a quick question.

Did the Earth Chair still have a ZPM hooked up to it when it was destroyed (Enemy At The Gate)?

Thanks a lot
    Yes. Hopefully just buried and not destroyed though. The deddy can clear the debris quickly.

Comment

probably did because it was the first target the wraith hit.

and if it was destroyed, the answer is most likely it was most likely destroyed.

if the attacked destroyed the chair, then its a good to assume the zpm was destroyed too.
      after all, its made up of mostly crystal.

Comment

I thought that if a ZPM was destroyed, there would be a massive explosion. Even though the one in SG1, S8, Zero Hour, had been tinkered with and booby-trapped, Dr. Lee said it could have exploded with enough force to destroy earth, and Sam later said she thought it would have been enough force to destroy the solar system. Even though the one in SGA, "Home" shattered when "illusion McKay" smashed it on the floor, I would think those things are much stronger than that and would not be so easily damaged, especially given where their power comes from.

Comment

Ha, you "almighty" Tauri just lost a valuable ZedPM!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I thought that if a ZPM was destroyed, there would be a massive explosion. Even though the one in SG1, S8, Zero Hour, had been tinkered with and booby-trapped, Dr. Lee said it could have exploded with enough force to destroy earth, and Sam later said she thought it would have been enough force to destroy the solar system. Even though the one in SGA, "Home" shattered when "illusion McKay" smashed it on the floor, I would think those things are much stronger than that and would not be so easily damaged, especially given where their power comes from.
            If you break it, it don't go boom.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              Ha, you "almighty" Tauri just lost a valuable ZedPM!
              I doubt it. A few feet of concrete would turn a dart to dust. That's not to say the darts didn't bring down the house.

btw, magneto rocked in the xmen movie
              too bad they had to turn shaw into an amalgam of bishop, shaw, and sinister though

Comment

From what we've seen, the bases on the surface of area 51 is only a small part of the site. Most of area 51 is probably underground and if they stored the chair in the lower levels, the chair or atleast the ZPM could have survived.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                  From what we've seen, the bases on the surface of area 51 is only a small part of the site. Most of area 51 is probably underground and if they stored the chair in the lower levels, the chair or atleast the ZPM could have survived.
                  Didn't Sam say the chair had been destroyed? Of course, that doesn't mean the ZPM also was destroyed. But who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Nope. if they are rigged to go critical, they make a big boom!..

too bad they had to turn shaw into an amalgam of bishop, shaw, and sinister though
                    He has always been that way.

Comment

The chair on Earth is powered with ZPM but also with a Generator like in Stargate Atlantis The Siege Part 2

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Nope. if they are rigged to go critical, they make a big boom!..

He has always been that way.
                        Shaw has never been an energy absorber/recaster (Bishop). Invulnerable, yes. Kinetic Energy absorber, yes. Sinister was likely (heavily implied by Marvel) the handler looking for Eric in the camps.

Comment

Not according to shaw's wiki..

BUT then i will admit i have never been a true Marvel fanatic.

Comment

Yeah I would have thought if there was one there it would have caused a lot more damage, so maybe it was an alternate power source like a generator.
                            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Not according to shaw's wiki..

BUT then i will admit i have never been a true Marvel fanatic.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebasti...w_%28comics%29

Kinetic impacts into raw strength only.....
                              marvel amalgamated bishop, sinister, and shaw for the shaw character

Comment

Working...
                              X