Babylon 4 -- Babylon Squared / War Without End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 4 -- Babylon Squared / War Without End

I'm (re)watching Babylon Squared and thinking to myself....does B4 ever actually reappear in 2258? It seems to be kind of phasing only when anyone is in close proximity, and then becomes fully solid once passing through the 'barrier' around the station.

I don't think it was ever made completely clear, was B4 supposed to be phasing into 2258 (Season 1), or were our crew passing into 2254 every time they went through the 'barrier'?

And consequently, when War Without End comes up and they're kind of crossing timelines with Babylon Squared...would that make them popping back in time to 2258, or to 2254?

Just pondering
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

My head hurts.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I'm (re)watching Babylon Squared and thinking to myself....does B4 ever actually reappear in 2258? It seems to be kind of phasing only when anyone is in close proximity, and then becomes fully solid once passing through the 'barrier' around the station.

I don't think it was ever made completely clear, was B4 supposed to be phasing into 2258 (Season 1), or were our crew passing into 2254 every time they went through the 'barrier'?

And consequently, when War Without End comes up and they're kind of crossing timelines with Babylon Squared...would that make them popping back in time to 2258, or to 2254?

Just pondering
      I believe B4 had travelled into the future, so they were just crossing into the anomaly in 2258 rather than instant two way time travel between then and 2254. It's Jinxo's story about when he left B4 than confirms it to me, as he told how B4 vanished a few episodes before Time Squared so they went into the episode with the station disappearing already established.

Being in the future makes it more believable that no one in the past had heard from B4, as all of the stations communciations were being broadcast in 2258 rather than from 2254 and Babylon 5 was just picking up on it.

sigpic

Comment

Some solid logic, SB. I want to pick faults in it because it's not how the episodes appeared to me, but I really can't see any holes I can poke at in what you say.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Some solid logic, SB. I want to pick faults in it because it's not how the episodes appeared to me, but I really can't see any holes I can poke at in what you say.
          Well from time to time I do seem to have a coherent thought. I thought of another thing when Sheridan/Sinclair went to B4 together. They could pick up on Ivanova's signal but not reply (but to be fair, it was looping so not exactly a live transmission) while Sinclair and Krants (or Krantson) were able to talk in real time without any problem.

What I find interesting is how Sinclair couldn't return to his own time, yet Valen somehow made a prophecy stating the Grey Council would be broken. How could he predict it when it happened after he left, so had no previous knowledge of it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Well from time to time I do seem to have a coherent thought. I thought of another thing when Sheridan/Sinclair went to B4 together. They could pick up on Ivanova's signal but not reply (but to be fair, it was looping so not exactly a live transmission) while Sinclair and Krants (or Krantson) were able to talk in real time without any problem.

What I find interesting is how Sinclair couldn't return to his own time, yet Valen somehow made a prophecy stating the Grey Council would be broken. How could he predict it when it happened after he left, so had no previous knowledge of it.
            I'm pretty sure Delenn broke the Grey Council in Severed Dreams, which is before the time when Sinclair goes back to become Valen.
            Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

time travel makes my head ache........

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
                I'm pretty sure Delenn broke the Grey Council in Severed Dreams, which is before the time when Sinclair goes back to become Valen.
                I remember it the other way around. Seems like an excuse for a B5 rewatch to me. Just need to find my DVDs.

sigpic

Comment

I think Frodo's right. IIRC Severed Dreams was the episode in which both the Grey Council was dissolved and Sheridan declared B5 independent.

Comment

Episode rewatch it is, but after I clear Halo 3 on Legendary. Already taking way too much time on this thing. Every time I remember it, I always remember the council being broken after Sinclair left to become Valen.

sigpic

Comment

I believe they were in 2258.
                      In the original plan, they wanted to bring the station to 2262+, but made a stop in 2258 to get the B4 crew they had taken by mistake out, i believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X