Eli isn't going to fix it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli isn't going to fix it.

I am so upset. I mean, Yeah its up to my imagination to wonder what happens but damn that was so unsatisfying.
    At least after UNENDING with Sg-1 there was a conclusion- the team continues...
    With this its like WTF?

However, I got the sense that Eli had no intention of fixing the chamber. I think he was ready to sacrifice himself for the family.

well i was wondering couldnt he just go in the chair if he couldnt fix it i mean sure his body will be gone but he will still be alive

Comment

and i was wondering about that smile at the end........to me it says.......y am i worried?all i gotta do is take ginn out and she can help him fix the pod ,...plus he can put the bots to repair hydro lab.and yes he can sit in the chair like what rush did with perry.his body will still be there and he already know how to get out from the interface.

Comment

Originally posted by sjleader View Post
        At least after UNENDING with Sg-1 there was a conclusion- the team continues...
        With this its like WTF?
        Actually I thought this was the same, even more satisfying in fact; destiny goes on

Comment

I doubt it. We have no idea how much energy something like that would require. If it is too much then they simply can't try it.

Comment

I think last scene was meant that Eli is becoming a grown up man who can rely on himself. He started to self-doubt after "Twin Destinies" and Rush tried to get him back to the track. Eli stepping up and saying: yeah, I am ready to take this risk, I know I can figure it out - was nice closure.

Comment

He has 2 weeks to spare, of course he will spend a day soaking all the experiences he had so far. After a day or 2 you will get productive. it's better then waiting to die!
              Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Perhaps the smile meant that he had thought of another strategy to defeat the drones.

Comment

that makes no sense.. at the very least he would try but his chances are small

Comment

I think the smile was him realising "Yes I am Happy", and "Yes I can do this, and do it by myself".
                    This moment was his coming of age moment.
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I totally agree with you lot that believes that this series from a character pov has been slightly more about Eli than the rest of the crew. As has been mentioned, the series began with Eli. I think that the character Eli has has gone through more change than the other characters, if even slightly.

I have to admit, that even though we know that season two was already made when the decision was made to cancel it, I still had a feeling that that last part with Eli standing on the "observation deck?" and Destiny powering down was perhaps to good for just a season finale. Though then again, since the writers didn't have any confirmation that there would even be a season three, they might've written it this was just in case.

Comment

Either way it was a great episode, i a great way for the curtain to fall .. until it picks up again

When the lights started going out on Destiny i even shed a tear, it was that symbolic.

This episode makes Eli almost the same as Mckay, they are both the Last Man

I wonder if using Eli to stay behind is going to show he has surpassed Rush and is now approaching Mckay level

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                          and i was wondering about that smile at the end........to me it says.......y am i worried?all i gotta do is take ginn out and she can help him fix the pod ,...plus he can put the bots to repair hydro lab.and yes he can sit in the chair like what rush did with perry.his body will still be there and he already know how to get out from the interface.
                          Didn't Perry help rush out to do said upload? So will that not require one of those 2 to assist him>?
                          Will doing so drain too much power?
                          Heck, with all the systems down, could he even do it>?

When the lights started going out on Destiny i even shed a tear, it was that symbolic.
                          As i said elsewhere, it was a lovely poetic mirror to how everything turned on in Air. Slowly, but surely.

I wonder if using Eli to stay behind is going to show he has surpassed Rush and is now approaching Mckay level
                          Part of me hopes not.. I feel rush is still da man.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                            I think the smile was him realising "Yes I am Happy", and "Yes I can do this, and do it by myself".
                            This moment was his coming of age moment.
                            That's how I took it as well. It was as if he was finally able to relax and enjoy the moment with his new found confidence.

Comment

The smile could mean a number of things: 1.) It could be a complete geek-out moment. "Holy crap, I'm in another freakin' galaxy"; 2.) He just figured out how to solve his problem; 3.) He figured out how to get a higher dps rating on his mage...

Eli will fix it. It is a foregone result which we would see come to fruition had the show not been cancelled. My thoughts on how he's going to do it involve the remaining stasis pod, and EVA suit and Brody's still.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X