No announcement yet.

List of important Stargate episodes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no black hole in "One False Step". You're thinking of "A Matter of Time".
    (points to siggie)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I don't get why fans gloss over the stand alone episodes. You get too involved in the show, forgetting it's purpose: entertainment. Watch what you like, skip what you don't like. Simple!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        I don't get why fans gloss over the stand alone episodes. You get too involved in the show, forgetting it's purpose: entertainment. Watch what you like, skip what you don't like. Simple!
        I liked the standalone episodes, but I often am made to feel alone in this.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Shows how long it has been since i saw bane.. i forgot we had NID in it.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/episodes/
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              depends what people want: the OP wanted a listing of major episodes of the major plotline(s).

personally, there's a few standalones i like a lot, and a few that i'm not so keen on. likewise with storyline episodes, and also with 2-parters. typically on my reruns i'll pick out whatever i feel like at the time - which sometimes means that if i'm not in the mood for an episode, even if i like it, i just skip it and move along
              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

i think that you should watch ever episode but if i had to say ones to skip:

season 1: emancipation, the first commandment.
                season 2: bane (though a cute episode, if watched should be before secrets).
                season 3+: i'd watch them all.

i personally like stand alones such as "one false step" it shows what negitiave impact they could have just by being there. and i do love daniel/jack's "fight" lol.
                sigpic

Comment

If you want to watch Stargate you should enjoy the experience by watching every episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm

Important Stargate episodes?

Spoiler:
                    ALL OF THEM

Comment

Broca Divide introduces Janet Fraiser and she's the main doctor on the base. And her releationship with Sam is close

Comment

For me all the Stargate episodes are important. Including the ones I don't like so much, and those that seem like filler on the surface. I say this, because every episode is a step in the growth of the characters and add little touches to their personalities. With each episode they learn more about what's out there and we watch how they deal with things mankind have never faced before.

Human ingenuity is put to the test, the consequences of human fallibility are shown, as well as the successes with the friends and allies they make along the way. Stargate tells a wonderful story, a tapestry where all the threads are needed to make a fantastic whole!!!

Comment

Man its so frustating to see everyone afraid of giving us a list of important episodes.
                          Im just tired of reading "all episodes are important". Thats so "fake" .

But first let me tell why I do want and I will skip some episodes. Imagine someone starting the show in 2014, 17 seasons to watch ( I intend to watch everything from Stargate, Sg-1, atlantis, universe), so it just too much to watch and I have so many options of shows running at the moment and new shows being released, I cant afford watching every single episode. Even if it were true that all episodes are important I wouldnt watch all them, imagine when I discovered that a lot of episodes in the first seasons are skippable.

I started Sg-1 season 01 watchig every episode and what a let down. After watching "Emancipation" and "The First Commandment" I was done with this show. These two episodes are so bad I almost gave up. But I love the stargate mythology and universe and after finding a website with a list of the important episodes of seasons 1, 2 e 3 I got my way to enjoy Stargate much better.

I dont want to offend any of you fans, I respect your love for the show, but there any many fillers episodes, and some bad bad ones that anyone can tell. Episodes that wont make the viewer lose anything important to the main arcs.

I skipped like 7 or 8 episodes from each season (1 , 2 e 3), something like 20 episodes left behind and everything was just fine, im understanding every plot and arc.
                          Now Im in season 4 and decided to watch every episode again, guess what, the show is becoming boring again. (and Im really worried, cause thats from a season many fans consider to be one of the best ). The first three "SMALL VICTORIES", "THE OTHER SIDE" and "UPGRADES" were fine to very good, but then came "CROSSROADS" , "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" and even the so acclaimed "WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY". All of these last 3 I didnt really like. I feel I could skip any of them.

In the end of season 03 I was loving the show, so I will go back to my method of skipping episodes, too bad the brave guy who made a list of the important episodes only did for season 01, 02 and 03. He said that from season 04 on Stargate became "more open" and we should watch all episodes, opinion that I disagree, at least for season 04. Now Ill have to search once more for tips about the really important episodes of this season. So far I have found this small list

Comment

Originally posted by jwebright View Post
                            I have always been a fan of Stargate, and with over 200 episodes and the movies it can take a while to watch them all. As with most television shows of this length, there are single shot episode that tell a story but do not add to the main storyline. I was hoping to obtain or create a list of episodes that stick to or contribute growth to the main story line of Stargate. I haven't seen a list of this type, but if someone has, please fill me in. Otherwise I'm off the watch the whole series and taking notes.
                            P.S. I don't think those single shot episodes are not worth watching, just that sometimes I wouldn't mind watching the express version of Stargate.
                            personally,, i think these are most important

Stargate 001 Stargate 1994
                            Stargate 064 SG-1 S03 E20 Maternal Instinct
                            Stargate 083 SG-1 S04 E17 Absolute Power
                            Stargate 091 SG-1 S05 E03 Ascension
                            Stargate 109 SG-1 S05 E21 Meridian
                            Stargate 116 SG-1 S06 E06 Abyss
                            Stargate 129 SG-1 S06 E19 The Changeling
                            Stargate 132 SG-1 S06 E22 Full Circle
                            Stargate 153 154 SG-1 S07 E21 E22 The Lost City
                            Stargate 159 SG-1 S08 E03 Lockdown
                            Stargate 182 SG-A S01 E14 Sanctuary
                            Stargate 185 SG-1 S08 E16 Reckoning (Part I)
                            Stargate 187 SG-1 S08 E17 Reckoning (Part II)
                            Stargate 189 SG-1 S08 E18 Threads
                            Stargate 199 SG-1 S09 E03 Origin
                            Stargate 211 SG-1 S09 E09 Prototype
                            Stargate 213 SG-1 S09 E10 The Fourth Horseman (Part I)
                            Stargate 218 SG-A S02 E12 Epiphany
                            Stargate 231 SG-1 S09 E19 Crusade
                            Stargate 239 SG-1 S10 E03 The Pegasus Project
                            Stargate 262 SG-A S03 E14 Tao Of Rodney
                            Stargate 271 SG-1 S10 E19 Dominion (Vala GIVES UP her memeories)
                            Stargate 300 SG-A S05 E05 Ghost In The Machine (Dr Weir's return)
                            Stargate 316 The Ark Of Truth

Comment

Working...
                            X